• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Strange House...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Yes, that ominous and eerie building positioned at the base of Reversal Mountain, it’s more or less to Unova what the Old Chateau is to Sinnoh. In this creepy household you must navigate through a series of maze like passageways as the ghost inhabiting the place moves the furniture around, this ghost is of a little girl, the one which could be seen on the Marvelous Bridge in the first Black and White versions actually.

As you move through the house this ghost will randomly appear and speak of things, about an everlasting dark dream, about how she didn't know where her family was, and about a special item called the Lunar Wing. After you reach the final room in the house she appears for a final time and says that she couldn't use the Lunar Wing anymore, and after this entrusts it to you and asks that you return it for her, mentioning how she was always waiting on the bridge to do it herself. The girl is never seen again after this and you can go to the Marvelous Bridge with the Lunar Wing to encounter Cresselia, maybe it never appeared for the girl because she was just a ghost now, who could say.

Overall it is highly implied that Darkrai's nightmares were what caused this girl to pass away, as in Platinum version the son of the Sailor in Canalave City was afflicted by terrible dark dreams that only the Lunar Wing could disperse, seems the parents of this little girl didn't have a way to obtain such an item quick enough though and as such their daughter died and they eventually moved out of the house. In my opinion it's quite possible that they were ashamed of failing and didn't want to stay there because of the memories, that's some pretty hardcore stuff after all, I had always imagined Darkrai could possibly kill somebody that way but didn't expect Nintendo to go so far as to confirm it. What are your thoughts on the matter though, did you also figure that it was Darkrai that had possibly sealed this girls fate, and if so were you surprised to see such a dark thing appear in the series?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
As soon as the mentioning of "nightmare(s)" and "Lunar Wing" were brought up in the game, it almost immediately implies Darkrai has to do with her death. I've never imagined Pokémon being capable of torturing a human to the point of death. Possibly serious injuries, but this was definitely deep. The strange house brought on the most creepiest of vibes, and it was unsettling to even wander the house. The girl's grave and ghostly appearance was a shock to me, and even scared the living hell out of me when I first visited the dilapidated house.

Overall, though, I highly believe Darkrai is capable of severely sickening humans with terrible nightmares, but Cresselia's Lunar Wing is the antidote to his injustice.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah, it was a pretty creepy place. But I liked it. Pokemon appears to be a kids game at first glance, so it's nice to have these kind of darker stories. It shows that Nintendo isn't just marketing to little kids. They want everyone to enjoy their games.

When I went through it though, I didn't give it much thought. I only wanted to get the dusk stone for my lampent. With that goal in mind, I wasn't creeped out as much as I should have been. So thank you for posting this, otherwise I would have never seen the connection between the ghost girl and darkrai. I didn't do the event in platinum...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Yeah, it was a pretty creepy place. But I liked it. Pokemon appears to be a kids game at first glance, so it's nice to have these kind of darker stories. It shows that Nintendo isn't just marketing to little kids. They want everyone to enjoy their games.

When I went through it though, I didn't give it much thought. I only wanted to get the dusk stone for my lampent. With that goal in mind, I wasn't creeped out as much as I should have been. So thank you for posting this, otherwise I would have never seen the connection between the ghost girl and darkrai. I didn't do the event in platinum...

You're right there, Pokemon may have just been for kids a long time ago, but since then the series has expanded and is for people of all ages now. You're welcome though I suppose, it was truly something that fascinated me while shocking me at the same time, part of me wouldn't mind seeing more things like this in future games but that fact that it was a little girl is noticeably sad. Poor kid never had a future...

Dragoncat

*nods* Yep. Poor girl. I wonder how old she was? I would say a teen, simply because the sprite they used for her isn't the one they use for very young girls.

But I'll have to disagree about Pokemon starting out for kids. There were deep stories from the beginning, both in the games and the anime. More in the anime I guess, the story of Mewtwo from the first movie is deeper than Team Rocket killing the mother marowak. But that might just be because the movie story was drug out more...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Yeah, she's maybe around 13-15 years old I would say, still never have been a fan of people dying young regardless though.

Ah, point well made, suppose to rephrase what I had said Pokemon may have mostly been played by the younger people way back when but seeing as the games are rated E for Everyone it was aimed for just about anyone who was interested really =P

Mewtwo though...heh.

Mewtwo said:
The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Very true, indeed.

Dragoncat

Heck, nobody's a fan of people dying young...

And that Mewtwo quote is epic. Another good one from the same movie:

Meowth said:
You're right! We do have a lot in common. The same earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different, well, who knows?

Said when the clone meowth points to the night sky and meows. It's not as well known as the Mewtwo one, but it's just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom