• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The State of ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So with mafia being dead for about a month now I think it's worth overhauling our processes, finding a new mod for this specific board, and revamping ZD mafia. I think this thread is a necessity to kick start this because otherwise we won't get things done. That being said I want to propose some ideas and get discussion going

1) We need an overall moderator for this board, i think it's pertinent that we hold some sort of election process to choose who to mod. I think nominations and volunteers work best and I think it should be someone who is reasonably active up to a minimum of a couple hours per week to keep tabs on things.

2) Because of the lack of activity I'm going to try hosting a revival game. It won't be fancy, just a good ol' fashionista with the barebones roles and flexible entry numbers.

3) We need to cut back on the level of over-the-top games we hold. Role madness and weird game modes burned out a lot of people and I think it's important to understand this and move forward.

Anyway, I'd like to open the floor to discuss what opinions others have and see what we can do to move mafia forward.

In the event of nominations/voting, I'd nominate Jamie or myself to work on this section of the site to rebuild mafia (and I think multiple mods to this specific boards will make it better).

So with mafia being dead for about a month now I think it's worth overhauling our processes, finding a new mod for this specific board, and revamping ZD mafia. I think this thread is a necessity to kick start this because otherwise we won't get things done. That being said I want to propose some ideas and get discussion going

1) We need an overall moderator for this board, i think it's pertinent that we hold some sort of election process to choose who to mod. I think nominations and volunteers work best and I think it should be someone who is reasonably active up to a minimum of a couple hours per week to keep tabs on things.

2) Because of the lack of activity I'm going to try hosting a revival game. It won't be fancy, just a good ol' fashionista with the barebones roles and flexible entry numbers.

3) We need to cut back on the level of over-the-top games we hold. Role madness and weird game modes burned out a lot of people and I think it's important to understand this and move forward.

Anyway, I'd like to open the floor to discuss what opinions others have and see what we can do to move mafia forward.

In the event of nominations/voting, I'd nominate Jamie or myself to work on this section of the site to rebuild mafia (and I think multiple mods to this specific boards will make it better).
How many people can we nominate?

Mido

Version 1
Actually, Johnny, I'm glad you did this. I was going to get an impromptu game going last month, but school began to require a bit more of my time at the time I offered to act as such. For this month delay, I feel pretty responsible for not getting the ball rolling! So anyhoo, thank you, and I apologize for not getting things done sooner!

Honestly, I think you're right on the money with your third point. A back-to-basics approach would most certainly be refreshing! Keeping setups akin to some of the games of old would work quite nicely.

As far as who to have moderate the section, I do not have any preferences as to who does it, but if any consultaion is needed at any time, I would be fine with offering bits of help here and there. :)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I know how to nominate. I meant limit. Like can we nominate more then one?

Sorry, didn't understand. I'd say no more than 3 or 4. Keep it succinct.

Actually, Johnny, I'm glad you did this. I was going to get an impromptu game going last month, but school began to require a bit more of my time at the time I offered to act as such. For this month delay, I feel pretty responsible for not getting the ball rolling! So anyhoo, thank you, and I apologize for not getting things done sooner!

Honestly, I think you're right on the money with your third point. A back-to-basics approach would most certainly be refreshing! Keeping setups akin to some of the games of old would work quite nicely.

As far as who to have moderate the section, I do not have any preferences as to who does it, but if any consultaion is needed at any time, I would be fine with offering bits of help here and there. :)

Thanks Mido :)

I plan to setup this impromptu game sometime this evening if possible. If not then I'll aim for Friday at the latest.

I also urge the dead games that were in progress to redo their signups in the near future.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I concur with the nominations of Jamie and Johnny. They seem like the obvious choices.

Moving along, thanks for putting this up, Johnny. I think that we have a great mafia community, we just need to get people playing again. I agree that smaller games for the next little while would be better - more VTs, less insane roles, and the like. I'm behind everything you say in that post pretty much. Not to say we can't have Role Madness games - just don't make every game Role Madness. I'm also going to add that, every once in a while, we should lay a special gametype. For example, the Resistance game I held a month or so ago, or maybe Kingmaker. Stuff like that, just to keep it fresh and new without getting too crazy. Once again, not all the time - just sometimes.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I remember when David took over the mafia section and said he was gonna be active. That didn't happen. I agree with the nominations for Jamie and Johnny, they both get my vote. Perhaps some active moderation is what this section needs.

I also agree with DekuNut in that we should play different/special games every now and then to mix it up. Also my Avengers game was supposed to be role madness and I would like to keep it as such, but I'm ok with waiting until the section picks up activity again. I'm pretty busy with school right now anyway so I'm not sure how much time I'd be able to dedicate.

Regular games have always been my pteference, so I have no problem with the suggestion to stray away from crazier themes. I like a small game once in a while, but I really would like to see a return to 15-20 person games if we can manage. The start, middle, and end games have different dynamics that suit different players. I'ver always enjoyed piecing things together once a few people have fallen, but players like Wyatt were at their best early on.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm fine with being a "moderator" in this section. Thanks for the nominations, everyone.

In terms of special games, there was a TON of excitement behind my smash mafia game, it was just bad timing. I can't see it doing even remotely poorly if things are active again. A lot of people were really excited for the theme. I put a lot of thought into it for about a year and I do want to reboot it eventually.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm fine with being a "moderator" in this section. Thanks for the nominations, everyone.

In terms of special games, there was a TON of excitement behind my smash mafia game, it was just bad timing. I can't see it doing even remotely poorly if things are active again. A lot of people were really excited for the theme. I put a lot of thought into it for about a year and I do want to reboot it eventually.
I really liked your game from what I saw while I was banned. It actually made me sad that I couldn't play it. If you were to reboot it, I'd join in a heartbeat.

Yeah, it was a really good concept. Still a little salty that Vergo threw in a shot at me because I made a mistake.

Well, it was a game with permanent vote damage. That may have made me a bit snarkier than I would have been, lol (although I tend to kind of be an ass no matter what in mafia anyway). Sorry if it came off as a personal attack or something.

But yeah, let's get the games going again. We agreed on a long break, and I think it's been something like two months. It may be smart to get a general idea through this thread of how many people would actually sign up, so the game mod isn't forced to drastically change the setup because of lacking numbers. Although I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if we're going back to the basics with an old fashion game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom