• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The stamina meter is Marring the Bow. Problem?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Gameplay Demo - Comic-Con 2013 - IGN Video

Sorry, hit enter. Erm what I meant to say was that you can see in the video that the Purple meter to the left completely rids Link's need to restock items like bow. It's a functioning Stamina meter, though it also has "magic" applications for items like the Fire Rod. I am just super irritated that everything is being fit into one package. It didn't work this way with OoT3D. Not even with Skyward did it work this way. Still, this doesn't mean it's the end of the world - or the end of ALBW.

What do you people think of this?

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, gee, not having to refill our arrows when using one takes off about half of the stamina-magic gauge hybrid, preventing us from spamming them is a BAD thing? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE! :O

Seriously, Ven, quit blinding yourself with your ridiculous hatred towards Skyward Sword. It's way past old.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That reminds me, in a way, of how the bow was used in the original Legend of Zelda. You didn't need to stock up, you just needed Rupees; or in this case, Stamina. It worked well because the mad hunt for arrows never occurred. You had a practically unlimited supply of arrows. Arrows in this game take up stamina, which they do in real life. No, it's not a problem.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Sweet! We can be like Hawkeye from the Avengers movie.
We get to fire a seemingly endless supply of arrows just to unexpectedly run out when needed ;)

I don't think it's that big a deal, especially if we can charge arrows at a cost of higher drain.

Salem

SICK
This means the need for item shops that sell arrows and other quantities like bombs and whatnot is completely eliminated. So the need for rupees is even less than before.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My "thoughts" on meters for items in general: No thank you...

This function in particular doesn't interest me. I hate having a shortage of equipment in Zelda games, because it's Action/Adventure, not a survival series. Yeah, sure the original game had its own form of limitation [aka, using Rupees to fire arrows], but Zelda has evolved beyond that--and looking back really does make the bow's limit seem primitive. Then again, A Link Between Worlds takes after the classic Zelda game look, so I can understand them returning to some of the roots there. My only beef is with the gauge, because Nintendo is apparently trying to meter-ize as much stuff as they can, which I consider to be a serious drawback to any progression with the franchise; gameplay-wise, that is.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
This function in particular doesn't interest me.
I hate having a shortage of equipment in Zelda games, because it's Action/Adventure, not a survival series.

.........So... you hate having a shortage of supplies... yet you're complaining about a meter that gets rid of the need to stock up on supplies?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
.........So... you hate having a shortage of supplies... yet you're complaining about a meter that gets rid of the need to stock up on supplies?

The meter causes a serious shortage of supplies, so yes.

I don't care about the purple meter. Arrows were always easy to come by so limiting the frequency with which Link can shoot them with the stamina meter isn't bothersome.

The classic wood carving and scroll design on the game's touch screen, showcased during the video, intrigued me more.

Salem

SICK
What exactly the enemies and pots gonna drop now? Only rupees? Yeah, cause we always have rupee shortages in Zelda games....

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
What exactly the enemies and pots gonna drop now? Only rupees? Yeah, cause we always have rupee shortages in Zelda games....

Given how rupee drops were subdued in Skyward Sword and how its economy was well-crafted, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Plus... I fail to see why this would make rupee drops even more frequent in the first place. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom