• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Skyward Sword

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, so I assume we've all seen the new short sword edited into Link's hand by now. FqMlJ.jpg
As Locke has suggested, this may have become the new design of the Skyward Sword. However, after seeing the "sword girl" in the lastest trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DGMu-kwm3qA#at=43 I have further belief that this sword is simply just a beginner sword. The "sword girl's" design (at 0:42 in the video) clearly have not changed from the first concept art. As I've mentioned before, she has characteristics of the Master/Skyward Sword, as she is the embodiment of the sword itself. After seeing "her" in this trailer, I am further convinced that the small sword is just a beginner sword. Of course, it's still a possibility that the small sword will change later, but I'm not convinced on that yet. What are your thoughts?
1zfpo5g.jpg

Last edited:

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yeah I believe its just the beginner's sword like in every Zelda game. Either way we'll be seeing the Skyward/Master Sword so it'll be neat to see how everything takes place. I just kinda want this game in my Wii.....Like....now lol

Do you think possibly with the upgrade system you might just be upgrading the beginner sword to the master sword. kind of like the wind-waker master sword two part upgrade thing. instead of getting an entirely new sword. Possibly the sword girl just gives the beginner sword more and more...power...as you collect more and more, whatever it is you collect to upgrade things.

It would be rather cool to see the starter sword literally become the Master Sword. Like, it transforms into the upgraded, more powerful form (Master Sword). Wishful thinking I guess...

people, are you seeing it? there is a THIRD sword, the Master sword we all know and love, the sword we are talking about AND the sword link is using while flying, look

sword2l.png

sword1.png

sword3.png

sword4.png

to me they look different to be the same sword

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
people, are you seeing it? there is a THIRD sword, the Master sword we all know and love, the sword we are talking about AND the sword link is using while flying, look

sword2l.png

sword1.png

sword3.png

sword4.png

Look at the first pic and the last pic. The end of the handles are different so they aren't the same sword. Ther IS a third sword. And if you look at the crystal on the fairy girl's cloak in the poster, and look at the sword of this last pic, you can see some similarities. Maybe the Sword in the last pic is the Skyward Sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Yes, he probably gets that small sword at the beginning, then this sword (the Skyward Sword) and then later it becomes the Master Sword. Then there's this:
Wii_ZeldaSS_2_scrn04_E3.jpg
See the "sword girl" image on the control pad? (And how it no longer looks like the Fairy Queen, but rather the actual face of the "sword girl".) That suggests Skyward Sword to me. And the gem on the hilt is blue, just like "Zordiana's". Just sayin', it definitely seems like the Skyward Sword. (I didn't think this would be at first, but then I realized that it wasn't the same sword from the GDC trailer.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom