• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Siren World = Twilight World

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It will be much more involved than in Twilight Princess. You have to avoid the guardians (who happen to have Triforces on their robes...) in a similar manner to the TotOK and Spirit Tower.

I definitely think this is the world that will eventually become the Twilight Realm, perhaps even at the end of the game.

sirenrealm.png

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It will be much more involved than in Twilight Princess. You have to avoid the guardians (who happen to have Triforces on their robes...) in a similar manner to the TotOK and Spirit Tower.

I definitely think this is the world that will eventually become the Twilight Realm, perhaps even at the end of the game.

sirenrealm.png

Hmmm you're probably right Locke...Becuase so far we ARE seeing the dark tribe that was mentioned in Twilight Princess and the connections are uncanny. Thumbs up to you my friend, your info and predictions are always right on!

Djinn

and Tonic
Hmm, I am not ready to go ahead and call it the Twilight Realm just yet. That place was considered a place of punishment which could only be reached by the Mirror of Twilight. This game seem to have Link entering it whenever he needs through his sword and certain locations. It seem to be a off color version of the normal world he can wonder around. This leads me to think that it might just be a spirit world he can sometimes enter. It reminds me a lot of the spirit world when it appears in other games and shows, typically a grayscale lifeless version of the normal world. Which is sort of where I assumed the Light Spirits resided when they did not manifest in the Light world in TP. They are called spirits after all. Plus the Twilight Realm is very different in appearance, it had no real connection to Hyrule or even a solid ground outside of a few floating islands.

Another thing I have thought of,
"Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron

Now I wonder if Faron was talking about SS Link, since that is basically the same costume for both of them.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Noooooooooooooooooooo. I really hope they dont recycle that idea, it was the worst part of the game. There are sooo many more too. Never mind that, i have faith nintendo wont make the same mistake twice. Btw Hero in Green, i must compliment you on how all your posts and threads are always very well organized and interesting.

Djinn

and Tonic
This may be just a random, thought, but an interesting one, do you think that place could be the Sacred Realm?

I mean, there's the Triforce in the Guardian's robes and the place looks very tightly protected.

That's true, according to ALTTP the Sacred Realm/Dark World was a different dimension with it's own version of the Light world. And whatever event happened in one would happen in the other. Then the guardians could be some early version of the sages, in a TP style, that protect the Sacred Realm. Rauru did mention that the sages built the Temple of Time to guard the Door of Time and the Temple of Light to protect the Triforce. Although I do not think the Sacred Realm would be so easily invaded even by Link. If the Light Spirits were so protective of it from the Dark Interlopers who attempted to invade and were defeated.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Ohh, well, I just like how we're seeing more of the Triforce. I was beginning to think that the Goddesses were replaced by that single Sky Goddess.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Ohh, well, I just like how we're seeing more of the Triforce. I was beginning to think that the Goddesses were replaced by that single Sky Goddess.

Actually, I'd been thinking that perhaps this single goddess of Skyloft is an older goddess that predates the Three. If the events of the creation of the Triforce referenced in OoT actually take place during Skyward Sword, perhaps that is when we will see a debut of the Three Goddesses.

::EDIT:: To the person who thinks this makes "no sense whatsoever," you could have asked what I was talking about so I could have elaborated for you. I'd already written up a more in-depth post in a separate thread explaining minutely what I only briefly mentioned here, so you must forgive me for not wanting to reiterate it a second time here in detail. I redirect you to my other post so that you can get a better idea of what I was saying, and understand that within my train of thoughts I certainly did not forgo making sense, despite your own rather subjective initial interpretation.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Actually, I'd been thinking that perhaps this single goddess of Skyloft is an older goddess that predates the Three. If the events of the creation of the Triforce referenced in OoT actually take place during Skyward Sword, perhaps that is when we will see a debut of the Three Goddesses.

I was actually afraid of that. XD It was a thought that came up several times, but I'm just hoping that it wouldn't be the case... The way I see it, the Golden Goddesses are the only gods that Hyrule has... It's basically been my whole understanding of Hyrule's religion.

Of course, anything could happen, but I'm just hoping that this Sky Goddess isn't older than the three. XD

Djinn

and Tonic
I really don't see this as a problem, we have seen other deities in and around Hyrule before. Other than the three golden goddesses. WW had two wind gods, and another in PH. As well as Oshus the Ocean King. Plus we have seen other deities that protect specific tribes before such as the Deku Tree for the Kokiri, JabuJabu for the Zora, Valoo for the Rito, the four giants for the four realms of Termina, and the spirits of Good for New Hyrule. Plus there have been local deities that have statues and are worshipped by local tribes like the Goddess of Sand for the Gerudo, the Goddess of Time for the Terminians, and the Goddess of the mountain for the Gorons of ST.

This goddess could just as well be the guardian deity of the Skyloftians and holds the same position as Jabu Jabu, Deku Tree, and Valoo. I see no reason why the appearance of this goddess would totally replace the golden goddesses of the past.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I was actually afraid of that. XD It was a thought that came up several times, but I'm just hoping that it wouldn't be the case... The way I see it, the Golden Goddesses are the only gods that Hyrule has... It's basically been my whole understanding of Hyrule's religion.

Of course, anything could happen, but I'm just hoping that this Sky Goddess isn't older than the three. XD

Hmmm~~ So you have a strong attachment to the main three? ^^

Well of course it was Nintendo's devious scheme all along to lure us into believing that the Golden Goddesses are our only ultimates, only to undermine that belief with the shocking truth HERE!! xD (I kid....)

Anyway, that's just the thing though. It doesn't undermine Hyrule's religion if Hyrule hasn't been created yet. She could be the goddess of the Land before Ti--I mean the Land before Hyrule. AKA, the lands in chaos below the clouds that Ghirahim supposedly reigns over.

Oh and if you think about it, there have been other gods before. Like in the Wind Waker we had Zephos and Cyclos right? The frog wind gods on clouds xD

::EDIT:: Djinn beat me to mention other deities. I must be the slowest poster around here or something.....>_>

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
That's true, according to ALTTP the Sacred Realm/Dark World was a different dimension with it's own version of the Light world. And whatever event happened in one would happen in the other. Then the guardians could be some early version of the sages, in a TP style, that protect the Sacred Realm. Rauru did mention that the sages built the Temple of Time to guard the Door of Time and the Temple of Light to protect the Triforce. Although I do not think the Sacred Realm would be so easily invaded even by Link. If the Light Spirits were so protective of it from the Dark Interlopers who attempted to invade and were defeated.

Actually, I'm not surprised about Link getting in. The Master Sword has always been mentioned as a key to the Sacred Realm since OOT, and Phi (the sword girl) is supposed to become the Master Sword, so she must have some connection to it.

Also, to add something to the discussion about the three godesses: We're not sure wether thy CREATED Hyrule or if they JUST BROUGHT ORDER TO IT (Nintendo is infamous for just re-writing stuff like that, after all). Sorry about the caps, but I wanted to make some emphasis.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I really don't see this as a problem, we have seen other deities in and around Hyrule before. Other than the three golden goddesses. WW had two wind gods, and another in PH. As well as Oshus the Ocean King. Plus we have seen other deities that protect specific tribes before such as the Deku Tree for the Kokiri, JabuJabu for the Zora, Valoo for the Rito, the four giants for the four realms of Termina, and the spirits of Good for New Hyrule. Plus there have been local deities that have statues and are worshipped by local tribes like the Goddess of Sand for the Gerudo, the Goddess of Time for the Terminians, and the Goddess of the mountain for the Gorons of ST.

This goddess could just as well be the guardian deity of the Skyloftians and holds the same position as Jabu Jabu, Deku Tree, and Valoo. I see no reason why the appearance of this goddess would totally replace the golden goddesses of the past.

Haha, I guess I should explain myself better. ^^

All of those gods were, well, lesser than the Golden Goddesses... Like Sarianae said, they're the main three. After reading your post I realized that I've been way too skeptical about this, so thanks. I was very worried that they were replaced somehow by the Sky Goddess since I could barely find the Triforce anywhere besides a few spots.

From what I've been seeing, the developers have been trying to change Zelda canon little by little. When I first saw this, I thought that they were taking it a step further and replacing the Goddesses... Or even worse, putting them in the position where there was actually an even higher Goddess than them.

Hmmm~~ So you have a strong attachment to the main three? ^^

Yes... I do. XD

Well... Glad to know that I don't have to be worrying anymore. :D

Pen

The game is on!
We've seen a lot of similar things in other Zelda titles:
Dark World - ALttP
Past and future - OoT
The seasons - OoS
Past and future - OoA
Twilight Realm - TP

This is clearly a reappearing theme to the Zelda series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom