• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Setting of Skyward Sword :3 (as in Why Hyrule is in Danger)

i would like to know your opinion on when skyward sword will happen and your predictions on main storyline. :lol:

My predictions: i think the game will be before OOT and the "danger" in hyrule is the civil war referenced in OOT. i think link will be hylian but brought to skyloft to protevt him or something when he was too young to remember.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I think it might be the story of the prologue of MC. It talks about how the world was on the verge of being swallowed by shadow and a Hero descended from the sky. The only problem is that it said he had the Picori Sword, not the Skyward Sword, unless they're the same thing.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
i would like to know your opinion on when skyward sword will happen and your predictions on main storyline. :lol:
As of now, I agree that it may be the civil/unification/prolonged war (what do people call it? I've never done much theorizing about it.). Meaning the "evil forces" are the interlopers and Link must gain the help of the Light Spirits to defeat them, possibly doing some unification of races while he's at it. But it's quite possible that it takes place long before this.
To read my entire detailed theory, click the link in my sig.

i think link will be hylian but brought to skyloft to protevt him or something when he was too young to remember.
Aonuma said several times that Link was born in Skyloft.

I think it might be the story of the prologue of MC. It talks about how the world was on the verge of being swallowed by shadow and a Hero descended from the sky. The only problem is that it said he had the Picori Sword, not the Skyward Sword, unless they're the same thing.
The HoM didn't come from the sky. He stepped up from among the normal citizens to receive the gifts from the sky. It doesn't specifically state where he is from, so it could have been the sky, but that is unlikely.

Okay a few things. It was not a civil war, it was the Unification War. Also, according to nintendo officials, Link has lived in Skyoft for generations and is unaware of the land below.

STFU about the whole unification war already. You even said yourself both the civil war and unification war are wrong terms. Which they are in fact, since they are created by fans. Both civil war and unifying war can make sense since it was a war between all races of Hyrule, that being a civil war. And it was a war to unify Hyrule also making it a unification war.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda

My predictions: i think the game will be before OOT and the "danger" in hyrule is the civil war referenced in OOT. i think link will be hylian but brought to skyloft to protevt him or something when he was too young to remember.
It is indeed before OOT. The evil forces are mentioned in OOT, and in SS Link from Skyloft eliminates those said forces, then to OOT.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime

I think the same thing. It takes place before MC, it is the first in the timeline, it is not the unification war (not civil war), Hylians will already exist, Link will save them, we will not see baby Ganon, Santa Clause works at Nintendo, and he is giving out free hand-jobs. WeeGee-OUT!

P.S. I have not played MC, so I am unaware if the hero is actually from the sky, but sometimes Handheld games don't play an important role in the Zelda timeline. If you think about it, MC doesn't have a place in the timeline, unless it was after ST.

Beeker

Wild Card
Zelda's timeline is sooooo hard to keep track of. ><
Yep. It is.

I believe that this war(whatever you want to call it) happenned before Oot, but I don't think it will occur in Skyward Sword. The war occured around the time when Oot Link was born, and this game is supposed to be farther back than that. And of course, it has already been mentioned that SS Link was born in the Sky and not in Hyrule.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Well they say stuff like that (where he's born) but that could just be the back cover kind of setting that eventually might be disproven in game. For massive shock factor (or not).

Well they say stuff like that (where he's born) but that could just be the back cover kind of setting that eventually might be disproven in game. For massive shock factor (or not).

maybe, i like that idea :)

I believe that this war(whatever you want to call it) happenned before Oot, but I don't think it will occur in Skyward Sword. The war occured around the time when Oot Link was born, and this game is supposed to be farther back than that. And of course, it has already been mentioned that SS Link was born in the Sky and not in Hyrule.

yes but, maybe SS Link is OOT links father although that is highly unlikely... but i think it might be lead up to the war, no one said how long the war was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom