• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Problem Falls to Link

You can't really say until you have actually seen most of the world, since this is only a small part it can look like it's not a good fit. However it can be the right design in other parts of the game. Also a screenshot is not in motion so if everything moved it's possible it does look good.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
okay the grapics for Skyward Sword are not a combo of TP and WW(notice how I put TP first)They are either 1impressionist inspired graphic or 2 ocarina of time's grapic coming back so yes but those graphic where really good I like these graphics

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
Im sorry but truly disagree
i think that he is abit too dark but i kind of like that there's a seperation from him and his surroundings.

I, too, see the "off-ness" you mention. I think that Link's face looks a little mis-matched too, though, especially in regards to the statements made by Word of God that this Link would be older this time around; this Link looks like a twelve year old. TP Link appears MUCH older than this one, IMO. I like every Link in the series, and I'll most likely start to like this one in the long run as well.

Like many have stated, this may not be the final product. The landscape and everything may receive a face lift. There's room for improvement since E3 '10; this year's GDC could, however, say otherwise.

Beeker

Wild Card
okay the grapics for Skyward Sword are not a combo of TP and WW(notice how I put TP first)They are either 1impressionist inspired graphic or 2 ocarina of time's grapic coming back so yes but those graphic where really good I like these graphics

Your first answer is correct. From Zelda Wiki:
Skyward Sword's unique visual style was inspired by Miyamoto's love of impressionism, and the skies in the game are a tribute to Cézanne.

While the game does have a mixture of TP and WW, it also has a bit of an impressionist feel to it, which does look pretty cool.

Back to the subject, I think he looks just a tiny bit off, but not too much that it matters. Like Wolf Sage said, there could still be room for improvement, though I have a feeling the graphics are either done or nearly finishing completion.

Fierce

Deity Link
I agree wholeheartedly here.

Link's design just doesn't fit into place with the exaggerated whimsical impressionist surroundings. Perhaps there is a purpose for this though? Maybe Skyloft and Hyrule will have two different Art styles, and his appearance represents the Hyrule style. Link being an outsider in his own homeland and not fitting in, only to later discover his true identity... Where have we seen that before?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Other way around for me...I think the scenery sticks out and doesnt compliment Link. I really hope thats not how the scenery looks in game, because there's no excuse that everything should look as flat as it does. For example the trees...The leaves look like paper cutouts and it's not impressive at all. I understand that's a demo shot but I REALLY hope stuff like that gets fixed

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think I found what makes me slowly irk at the graphics of Skyward Sword. It is Link, he is the cause of this bad taste in my mouth. I mean, look at how much he clashes with everything:

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103805125_640w.jpg

The shading given to him is overall too dark for this game. The style that his model is also too grim to fit with the lighter settings as well. He's the thing that makes the graphical style stand out to me.

That was an early screenshot, man. It's way better now.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
the only problem is that Link looks too much like a girl. I mean I know we have not seen SS fully completed but still right now he looks like a girl. Maybe it Linketa

the only problem is that Link looks too much like a girl. I mean I know we have not seen SS fully completed but still right now he looks like a girl. Maybe it Linketa

Right? I know its been stated by many over the years (that includes my annoying relatives who call him Zelda and think I'm playing a girl's video game) that Link kinda looks like a girl. I myself never thought this, except for maybe once or twice, but I think he does a little bit this time around. Especially since Word of God clearly stated that Link would be more older (or something along this lines) in SS. It's hard to take the concept of a slightly older Link seriously when he looks like one of those trollz dolls. I don't want Link to look drastically older, but I feel like I'm being lied to after they clearly stated he'd be older, if even just slightly.

T

The Golden Wolf

I also disagree. I feel that link fits in well with the dark cell shade helping to create a focus on him in the screen. Also for the cell shading, the constant consistency can get boring. What it seems you are looking for is the same graphics as the Wind Waker. This change seem nice.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
From what I've seen in Skyward Sword's GDC trailer, the new Link fits actally quite well with the enviroments...
Dtr12.jpgimg_17336_the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-japanese-combat-trailer-gdc-2011.jpg

I think it all looks great, and has me even more excited to play this game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom