• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The OFFICIAL Mature Discussion Removal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threa...straight-white-male-and-his-privileges.51049/

Look. Look at this thread. This thread proposed a valid set of views on the media's attack on straight white men. Now look at everything beyond the OP. Off topic posts. Post made up of things that aren't even true. Personal attacks. This is the embodiment of mature discussion. I believe the people of this forum are too childish and immature to have access to the mature discussion. Undeserving. I propose it be removed as punishment to those who would desecrate it with their mediocre posts and rather uncalled for personal attacks. I believe we now have enough reason and proof that the MD should not exist here.

So we have one thread that spiraled out of control, and that is enough to get rid of the whole thing? Look, feelings get heated some times. But it happens in other forums too. Remember the "MM was a Dream" thread recently? I guess that is reason to get rid of Zelda Theory.

I know you don't like the MD, but because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be taken away. The vast majority of the time it's civil, but we have one thread get heated and everyone who already doesn't like the MD jumps on that opportunity to try and get rid of it.

If you REALLY hate it, might I suggest doing one member did (Shadise I think?), and asking to be voluntary "banned" from it, so you don't have to view it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm going to say this bluntly: this is never going to happen. You believe that thread was grounds for removing the section, but we on the staff team took it as an opportunity to promote a new MD section moderator, Seth, who I am confident is going to do a great job. I'll leave this thread open for discussion purposes but the likelihood of this ever going through is very slim.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Well I guess with that reply there's actually no need to have this thread open any longer. So yeah, locked.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just wanted to say my piece.

The MD is an important part of the forum. It generates so much discussion because of the topics and the nature of them. You'll most likely feel more strongly about abortion than a Sky vs Great Sea debate for example, so naturally, discussion thrives.

With that though comes a downside. Because topics hit home more and are more personal, normal disagreements can become heated a lot more quickly than in other, rather, trivial topics. Due to the fact that the MD is quite active, and does generate a lot of passionate debates, you increase the chances of these moments happening. It's not entirely bad though, the good threads far out weigh the bad threads, we just need to eliminate topics which are there to obviously cause controversy and people baiting.

The MD will never be all sunshine and lollipops, you can't expect, with these kind of topics, for everyone to get along. There will be able disagreements, arguments, attacks. It's our job to improve this and eliminate the problems when things do go too far.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And I like to give my two cents as well. Because the thread was heated doesn't mean it was a bad thread. People have their own opinions and we don't always agree and some members are more "agressive" in defending their opinions than others but that doesn't always mean a thread is getting out of hand. Most of the times MD threads aren't that bad at all. But with the right person becoming a moderator over there I'm very sure things will go civil and very good. I trust Seth fully and he has my full support. MD is not going to be removed. If you dislike a certain part of the forums just try to ignore it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think that despite the Mature Discussion getting heated sometimes and some threads containing frustrating back and forth bickering it is still a place in which some very meaningful and thought provoking discussion can be held and I think that it is still a part of the forums that should be left for people to enjoy. No one is forcing anyone else to participate in the section, so it's best just to steer clear if you don't want to get involved.

I also am confident that Seth will do a good job at moderating the mature discussion as both a mature person and someone who is more active in the section compared to us other Moderators, I'm looking forward to working with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom