• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The ocarina of time (whats it made of)

Ok here's a theory about the ocarina of time. Is it possible that its made of time shift stones from the lananryu mining facility? I mean it has the same color of time shift stones.

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
the Ocarina is a lighter blue then the Stones. The Ocarine doesn't let you time travel until Majora's Mask and that's because of the Goddess of Time. plus, Stones make an area time shift, not an individual

the Ocarina is a lighter blue then the Stones. The Ocarine doesn't let you time travel until Majora's Mask and that's because of the Goddess of Time. plus, Stones make an area time shift, not an individual
yes thats true of the unrefined ore that we see, but perhaps the qualities function differently in different situations, I mean time shift stones don't just have you travel back in time, they also can run entire factories and fuel robots. There could be many other properties we're not told about.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
the Ocarina is a lighter blue then the Stones. The Ocarine doesn't let you time travel until Majora's Mask and that's because of the Goddess of Time.
Spoiler for part of OoT
I thought that Zelda used it at the end of Ocarina of Time to send you back?

And it actually does seem like an interesting idea that the ocarina could be made of the time shift stone. There were a few things that could less that to be likely. I think that using maybe some of the Hyrulian powers (or something like magic) the power of the time shift stones could be used.

Although, TrueChaos has a point about shifting areas. Though, what if only a little bit of the time stone was infused into the ocarina's material and worked with magic to work on the person playing it?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Well the timeshift stones are actually purple, not blue. They turn blue when they get struck. They also don't actually bring you back in time. They restore everything in its range to what it was in the past.

Big Octo

=^)
With little evidence, this is far from theory and should be classified as speculation. Things like color and in-game similarity aren't enough to make a strong claim, so I wouldn't count this as a full-fledged theory, rather, far from it.

Well the timeshift stones are actually purple, not blue. They turn blue when they get struck. They also don't actually bring you back in time. They restore everything in its range to what it was in the past.
You say they turn blue when they get struck, I say they turn purple when they haven't been properly monitored and taken care of :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The Historia makes mention of this connection on page 53, though I haven't seen a solid translation yet. I suspect it's just as speculative as this thread.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
No. The Ocarina is obviously made of cheap plastic! XD

Ok, really, I think this is a pretty interesting topic that I'm nowhere near imaginative enough to come up with. Now that you mention it, I'd like to think so. So if you ask me, then yes.

the Goddess of time? you mean hylia right? the goddess with the connection to the time shift stones?

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
I thought it was nayru.
WOW! zelda is hard to understand.

but back to the point I think it is made of time shift stone why not? I mean why cant it be forged to make the new product. It makes just as much sense as anything else.

I always liked to think that after the events of Minish Cap the royal family carved the ocarina out of the humanoid Vaati's bones. This is obviously a groundless statement, but I'll be darned if it don't make me giggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom