• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Really hope they talk more about Smash, considering there's really not much, and they say 2014 release date. Well I'm excited, for one :P Always good to get a Direct

New Nintendo Direct This Afternoon!

So finally, Nintendo is going to air their first Direct of the year February 13th at 2pm P.T./5pm E.T. with a focus on games to be released by the end of spring. What games do you think they'll show off, and do you think they'll make any big announcements?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Hopefully they're going to portray new content on Monolith Soft's newest game, tentatively called "X".

Here's the trailer for anyone who's interested.

[video=youtube;APWTJMyM4qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg[/video]

And yes, like it appears, this game is going to be very much like Xenoblade, but involves more mecha-based influences (i.e. humans being able to mobilize the giant robo-suits as a tank or humanoid jet).

Fig

The Altruist
Judging from what I've seen on the internet, it appears Nintendo is going to focus on games that are going to be released during the spring semester of the year. That said, I really hope to hear more news about Super Smash Bros. Either way, I sill would like to hear more information on Yarn Yoshi, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and other titles that will without a doubt capture my attention! ^^

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Koopalings in Mario Kart?
fry_seems_legit_by_ngggrye58-d5rh1hf.jpg

There's gonna be a ton of characters, but it seems awesome :P

And Little Mac??? Looks like a beast, definitely gonna use him a ton

Very solid Direct. Perhaps a little too much downtime during the middle, but we got Little Mac, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Bayonetta 2. I'm pretty happy.

There wasn't any lag over on the YT stream, though.

This Direct wasn't anything interesting to me, but I'm glad they gave out a release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe. :) Oh, and seeing the Koopalings in MK8 was great, too. :)

I was really disappointed, the Direct didn't touch on anything that interested me other than smash bros, but I can't honestly say that I was surprised by how boring and lacking in anything new and interesting the Nintendo Direct was, they need to take it up a notch.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Very good Nintendo Direct. Smash Brothers right off the bat was surprising. It would have been better if it didn't transition through the logo (:ssb:), in order to get the audience thinking about what the lord is going on, like the Rosalina trailer.

Little Mac was on a lot of people's lists, and I'm glad to see him in there. He fits into the cast perfectly. Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze are looking as good as ever, need to pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom