• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Isn’t the point of directs to give you something to look forward to?
Yeah, but in terms of the few things I care much about, there's for sure not gonna be any updates on them. (And I wouldn't mind watching it live just for fun, but I'm gonna be working anyway.)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Another ho-hum direct. Better than the last one if only because it felt like there was more to it than just Mario, but at the same time even less managed to grab me. There wasn’t a single thing in this direct that I know I’m getting for sure, even the last one had wonder I guess. Luigi’s Mansion and the new Princess Peach game probably could have given this direct a bit more of an edge if they hadn’t used it as filler in the last direct.

Also, I find it odd how they’re remaking TTYD so soon after Mario RPG, you’d think that they’d be devoting their time to something a bit more diverse.

Definitely one of the weaker Directs. A lot of news on games we already knew about.

Princess Peach Showtime seems to take some cues from Kirby with all of her abilities.

I'll finally play Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door with this remake.

And, of course, I'm excited for the final wave of Mario Kart DLC.

The rest was pretty boring to me.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Not much interesting this time around. I feel like we really didn't need a remake of Mario vs Donkey Kong. Literally nobody was asking for that lol. I know a lot of Donkey Kong fans have yelling for ages now they want a new game, but I don't think that's quite what they meant.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
my hypest announcement was easily Trace Memory being remade ALONGSIDE the wii game we never got, those mad sons of *****es
I'm also in big disbelief that Paper Mario 2 is getting a remaster, and it looks pretty faithful
also mixed on the existence of F-Zero 99 but I'll still hop on it asap

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Seemed like another Mario direct. I don’t care for Mario but Thousand Year Door and Mario RPG are hype. The Peach game looks interesting. I’m kind of digging the style of it. Luigi’s Mansion 2 was the worst one so I don’t really care for that remaster. Also I like playing the new Mario Kart maps with friends but I couldn’t care less about the characters. I just main Peach every time.

F Zero 99 was kinda a letdown. Was hoping for a new game or at least a remake. Mario vs Donkey Kong remake was a letdown too. I want a new 3D Donkey Kong.

Splatoon DLC looks pretty cool but I’ve never played any of the story modes in those games.

No Metroid makes me convinced Prime 4 is gonna be announced along with the new console as a launch title.

Other than that. I didn’t care about anything else they showed. Overall it felt like a filler direct.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nintendo, if you are going to bring back F-Zero, then why not make a new game as well?

Overall one of the most lackluster Directs in ages. I don't mind a bunch of smaller announcements like Dave the Diver or Trombone Heroes, but the major Mario remakes were geared towards the hardcore audience from 20+ years ago. At least Unicorn Overlord had a banger soundtrack despite the corny name.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Haven't actually watched it, but no Fantasy Life i means I was disappointed. Nice to have a release date on the TotK amiibo, though. Gotta preorder...

Absolutely dying over that Spy x Family game though. What a hilarious surprise. "SxF but babyfied Persona" was that absolute last thing I would have thought of.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

Partner Showcase on Wednesday. Ordinarily I’d be quite disappointed, and I still am, but this time less so if only because there’s a very real chance that Level-5 (and therefore the only game I have to be excited for) is going to have a presence.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm so excited for Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time. While I'm dissapointed that it seems to be a slight rip off of Animal Crossing, I'm a big enough fan of the original Fantasy Life not to care. That was one of my all time favorite games. I'm glad they kept the Life system for this, they also added the Life of Artist which I'm curious to check out. I'm also pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Yuelia in what they showed today and if she's in the game I'll be so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom