• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

I do wonder if they will announce the date of the NX reveal in this Direct though.
Nintendo have officially said no to any NX news in this direct. But . . . there is still a chance for some NX info of a less direct route. We need to see what Nintendo's roadmap for the 3DS is march 2017 and post. If it's very weak around that time, then it'll same something but if it's packed around that time it'll say something different. How much Nintendo is pushin g the 3DS in and post March 2017 will say how much Nintendo are going to push the rumoured portable aspect of the NX.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't know what announcements to expect, if anything. They're going to show Pokemon, Federation Force and Mario Party for sure.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I don't know what announcements to expect, if anything. They're going to show Pokemon, Federation Force and Mario Party for sure.
Why would they show off Federation Force? It is already out.

But yeah.... I do not know what else to expect besides titles that we know are coming.

It really is an interesting time being a fan for Nintendo nowadays...... You are simultaneously excited for everything, but have absolutely no exciting things coming out soon......

We have the NX, and BotW, and Pokemon Sun and Moon, all of which are incredibly exciting.... But these aren't coming out until much later.. Besides that we have absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It comes out this weekend here and in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if it still shows up in your version of the Direct, trying to get more people interested.
Lol
I mean, I think Nintendo knows that Federation Force is the opitomy of a marketing disaster. There is absolutely no salvaging it at this point.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I see it now! Breath of the Wild and NX not coming until, like never! Some should a Nintendo parody video where as if the NX and Breath of the Wild are cancelled, since it seems like Nintendo only cares about Pokemon and mobile phone gaming now!

I can already imagine all the pissed off people rioting against Nintendo when Nintendo keeps pushing back the NX and Breath of the Wild until 2020, when finally decide to cancel the two things, as by then, they will already be downgraded to third party, and all they keep offering is more and more Pokemon. Thus causing the company to go out of business, while Kimishima laughs his head off without a single care in the world, being the one caused the terrible downfall of Nintendo to happen! I can imagine Kimishima saying "Yes! I've done it! I have successfully fulfilled my vengeance on Nintendo for me not having any recognition in the past for the great things I've done, which were ignored because everyone loved the other guys more! Vengeance is finally mine! Mwhahahaha!", with evil grin on a face and an evil megalomania-cal laughter!

And then Iwata's spirit is there, in tears, saying "Why were people so dumb to trust such an evil man like Kimishima-san? [sighs] If only they knew the truth that it was Kimishima-san who killed me!", and then eventually starts crying in sorrow, saying "It was supposed to be Miyamoto-san who would take my place if anything happened to me, not the evil Kimishima-san! Why God, why did you let this happen? Why have you forsaken Nintendo?", still crying in sorrow. Then God responds "Fear not mister Iwata, for it was not me but Satan who did this! Your killer, Kimishima has worshiped him ever since he wasn't recognized for the things he did as Nintendo President of America and got demoted because you hired Reggie Fils-Aime in his place in the past. So he foolishly decided to let his negative arrogant emotions get the best of him, and thus, he plo I'm truly you had watch such a horrible fate befall your people like this, my child.", with pure honesty. And Iwata continues to cry and hugs God and God's mother Mary for comfort. End of future fiction story (yes, I'm making that a thing now).

Now, with all that said, hopefully said future fiction story doesn't happen in reality cause that would be bad. So, let us all pray for Iwata's spirit to be with Nintendo to show them the way back to success, so that we can have the NX, whatever it may be, Breath of the Wild, real Metroid returning, and Nintendo still standing strong for many more years to come.

I see it now! Breath of the Wild and NX not coming until, like never! Some should a Nintendo parody video where as if the NX and Breath of the Wild are cancelled, since it seems like Nintendo only cares about Pokemon and mobile phone gaming now!

I can already imagine all the pissed off people rioting against Nintendo when Nintendo keeps pushing back the NX and Breath of the Wild until 2020, when finally decide to cancel the two things, as by then, they will already be downgraded to third party, and all they keep offering is more and more Pokemon. Thus causing the company to go out of business, while Kimishima laughs his head off without a single care in the world, being the one caused the terrible downfall of Nintendo to happen! I can imagine Kimishima saying "Yes! I've done it! I have successfully fulfilled my vengeance on Nintendo for me not having any recognition in the past for the great things I've done, which were ignored because everyone loved the other guys more! Vengeance is finally mine! Mwhahahaha!", with evil grin on a face and an evil megalomania-cal laughter!

And then Iwata's spirit is there, in tears, saying "Why were people so dumb to trust such an evil man like Kimishima-san? [sighs] If only they knew the truth that it was Kimishima-san who killed me!", and then eventually starts crying in sorrow, saying "It was supposed to be Miyamoto-san who would take my place if anything happened to me, not the evil Kimishima-san! Why God, why did you let this happen? Why have you forsaken Nintendo?", still crying in sorrow. Then God responds "Fear not mister Iwata, for it was not me but Satan who did this! Your killer, Kimishima has worshiped him ever since he wasn't recognized for the things he did as Nintendo President of America and got demoted because you hired Reggie Fils-Aime in his place in the past. So he foolishly decided to let his negative arrogant emotions get the best of him, and thus, he plo I'm truly you had watch such a horrible fate befall your people like this, my child.", with pure honesty. And Iwata continues to cry and hugs God and God's mother Mary for comfort. End of future fiction story (yes, I'm making that a thing now).

Now, with all that said, hopefully said future fiction story doesn't happen in reality cause that would be bad. So, let us all pray for Iwata's spirit to be with Nintendo to show them the way back to success, so that we can have the NX, whatever it may be, Breath of the Wild, real Metroid returning, and Nintendo still standing strong for many more years to come.
The NX is definitely releasing by March 2017, as that is the date that BotW is supposed to be released, and the new Dragon Quest, which is coming on the NX, will be releasing around 2 months later.

Anyways, definitely expecting Monster Hunter Stories + Monster Hunter amiibo (and hopefully a release date for the 3 latest DLC amiibos) as well as some indie games.

VitaTempusN92

The NX is definitely releasing by March 2017, as that is the date that BotW is supposed to be released, and the new Dragon Quest, which is coming on the NX, will be releasing around 2 months later.

Anyways, definitely expecting Monster Hunter Stories + Monster Hunter amiibo (and hopefully a release date for the 3 latest DLC amiibos) as well as some indie games.

Yeah, Nintendo's actions are proving otherwise and that they really don't care about the NX or Breath of the Wild at all! If they did, then this coming direct would be all about the NX like Nintendo promised. Nintendo said they were going to reveal the NX in September, but they're not. They also said that they were going to share more news about BotW either this month or in September. That was a LIE!

And they're notorious recent history so far back this up! Thus very strongly suggesting that they really don't care anything about Breath of the Wild or the NX! Heck Nintendo was to supposed the NX at E3, but then decided not to. Don't you see? All they've done was keep on teasing us with some info on the NX here and there, showing more and more of BotW here and there. But we hardly ever actually learn much about the two. And they'll just keep delaying them and delaying them into we all give up waiting!

By the time we give up waiting, they would have shown and said enough for the two be released. And the sales would be so poor that the company will eventually go out of business, which is what Kimishima wants!

It's time we all face the truth that we're never going to play or even see the full game of Breath of the Wild, cause it's either never going to come out or by the time it does, we would have already lost all interest in the game so much that it fails in the end. Which again, is what Kimishima wants!

Yeah, Nintendo's actions are proving otherwise and that they really don't care about the NX or Breath of the Wild at all! If they did, then this coming direct would be all about the NX like Nintendo promised. Nintendo said they were going to reveal the NX in September, but they're not. They also said that they were going to share more news about BotW either this month or in September. That was a LIE!
They said they'd show the NX during fall, not just August, so we still have 3 months for them to give us information. Not to mention that it's not even September; you can't say that they're lying about showing us stuff in September when that month hasn't even happened yet.
And they're notorious recent history so far back this up! Thus very strongly suggesting that they really don't care anything about Breath of the Wild or the NX! Heck Nintendo was to supposed the NX at E3, but then decided not to. Don't you see? All they've done was keep on teasing us with some info on the NX here and there, showing more and more of BotW here and there. But we hardly ever actually learn much about the two. And they'll just keep delaying them and delaying them into we all give up waiting!
Showing more BotW here and there? We literally have enough footage to last an entire day. They didn't want to show the NX because they aren't following in the footsteps of other consoles or systems; they're making something entirely new. Miyamoto even said it would have been shown by now if it was just a copy paste of the PS4 or Xbrick with the PS4 logo.

VitaTempusN92

They said they'd show the NX during fall, not just August, so we still have 3 months for them to give us information. Not to mention that it's not even September; you can't say that they're lying about showing us stuff in September when that month hasn't even happened yet.

1) Yes, which only September, October, and the first half of November!

2) No we don't! The Fall Direct is only focusing on the 3DS! And the Fall is only September (which when the direct is), October (which won't feature a direct), and the first half of November (which also won't feature a direct). Are only hope of seeing anything of the NX and/or any more new content of BotW this year is VGA 2016, which is highly unlikely anyways. So with that said we won't see anything of the NX, what the NX is, and any more new content of BotW until next year!

3) Dude, it's 100% CONFIRMED that the Nintendo Direct in September is ONLY going to focus on the 3DS and the 3DS GAMES! Which means NO NX reveal in September, October, or November! And like I said in #2, I doubt we'll see anything in VGA 2016 either!

Showing more BotW here and there? We literally have enough footage to last an entire day. They didn't want to show the NX because they aren't following in the footsteps of other consoles or systems; they're making something entirely new. Miyamoto even said it would have been shown by now if it was just a copy paste of the PS4 or Xbrick with the PS4 logo.

It's not enough for someone like me! They still haven't confirmed a timeline placement for BotW! And they can't wait until the last second to reveal NX, otherwise, hardly anyone is going to buy the system! So that's why it seems like the NX and Breath of the Wild are most likely going to be delayed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom