• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Rumours (and Probably Hoaxes); Skyward Sword Getting Even More Mysterious

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
I fully agree with what TheCongressman1 is trying to say. He is saying that nothing is for sure! He isn't stating that there will be flying combat, what is being said is that anything from now until the release can happen. Who knows, they could implement it into the game. It is possible, unlikely, but possible. The game isn't out yet. We won't know until then. THAT is the point.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
I thought there was no flying in Skyward Sword? With everything in SKyward Sword that is already in Wii sports resort, I really don't think that they should borrow the skydiving game. I just want to be able to warp between Hyrule and Skyloft, oldschool style :D

Maxxxers

Fanboy
Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
Seems plausable

There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
I disagree with this one. I do not think that there is going to be any flying in the game. Cause since it is the very beginning, there is no technology. Unless it means going up and down with "Zordiana" in which case would be stupid.

Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
Ok.............................. Stupid.

Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
Could they choose worse names? And is there even a triforce yet?

Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
Maybe he is born at the very end.

Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
but it doesn't take place in Egypt...

Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.
:D

Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
Good idea. However I do not think that much time will be spent on Skyloft. And i hope they change the name of Skyloft.

Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release.
:D I have a bonor.

After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
This would be epic. I also wish that there are s#1t tons of side quests and mini games.

Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
I do not think there will be any horses. Period.

Coming November 1st, 2011.
Seems plausable

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
"Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release."

WHAT?
-Axle the Beast

I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY ONE who's heard of Zelda Williams "Super Secret Shoot" with Nintendo? This rumor makes perfect sense.
Zelda has been filming a so called "Super Secret Shoot" with Nintendo and she's been tweeting all over the place about it. That doesn't really make it a secret anymore, but we still don't know what the shoot is for. And in one of her tweets she completely mentions how the SKYline is fake (cause it's greenscreen or something). Emphasis on "sky," everyone. There's definitely no way to tell if it's for sure about Skyward Sword. Some could even argue that her saying "fake skyline" doesn't neccessarily mean or scream Skyward Sword. Yeah, I know that. But 2 + 2 = 4, so I'm just connecting the pretty little dots right now.

Link: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...ing-something-super-secret-with-nintendo.html

Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.

Egyptian? What? Why? This makes no sense. Obviously made up.
-Axle the Beast

*facepalm* Seriously. Some people here are looking at these going, "Oh no these aren't true! Nope!" Now, I'm not saying we should trust sources on 4chan (obviously not) or that all of these are 100% true (we know pretty much next to nothing about this game), but that doesn't mean we should just shove them out of the way without even considering them. This rumor says "SIMILAR to an Egyptian princess." SIMILAR. That doesn't mean "Oh Zelda's an Egyptian now!" No. It means her outfit/style/whatever is SIMILAR to that of an Egyptian princess. At this point, all we know is Zelda will appear in the game. We don't know anything else. Nothing at all. So ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Freaking ANYTHING.

I'm sorry for seeming to be extremely irritable (it's probably cause it's 4:00 in the morning and I can't go to sleep) and I'm not just picking on Axle the Beast here. I've read through this whole thread and have seen other people saying pretty much the same things. I'm just using his quotes because they were all nice and organized for me to shuffle through and destroy. Sorry.

But what my main point is with this stupid rant/post is that we can't rule out a certain rumor when we have nothing to back it up to prove it could be false (granted there are some that are certainly "WTF?" worthy, but the same thing goes for them). That and some can be true because it could just be right under our noses (*cough cough* Zelda Williams).

Also, I'd like to say that I agree with TheCongressman1.
They haven't ruled out aerial combat or free falling completely. All they've said is that Link won't be flying around "like Pit." Pit has wings. Woah, big difference. Link could still free fall for all we know. I also wouldn't put it past them to shove some motion plus aerial combat in there. Hopefully, if they do, it won't be gimmicky. Urk. Plus things always change in game development. Let's not forget that, people.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
^ disturbed42, I believe you are misunderstanding what people are saying. Yes, there is disregard for these rumors, but it not due to thoughtless disbelief on the points being made within them as you seem to suggest; we are not saying "oh, all the points being made within these rumors are completely unlikely and everything is going to be entirely different!" In fact, we certainly recognize that there is plausibility among some of the points being mentioned. Rather, we are disregarding them due to the scrutiny that should accompany rumors as opposed to mere "plausible points of consideration." You must understand the distinction: rumors invite a different analysis because they suggest that there is a credibility to them that must be weighed for being more worthy of consideration than mere "plausible points" since they may be "connected to the truth." If you choose to disregard this to discuss the rumors based only upon the points being made within them (as you seem to be suggesting), you are then essentially treating them not as rumors, but as simple plausible points of consideration that any Zelda fan could have come up with and decided to post a thread about to generate some discussion. And while it may certainly be worth it to discuss the points made within a rumor to some extent in a similar fashion (as you are suggesting), rumors beg that you do not do so while neglecting to first consider the basis upon which they are built.

That being said, I have opted not to sit down and legitimately think on these rumors due to various reasons:

I quite frankly see no credibility to them on multiple ends, and as I have said, due to their nature as rumors, credibility is the basis for discussion.

#1) My first reason is this:
I find that even the plausible claims can hold no real authenticity. You must consider a certain characteristic of made-up rumors: usually the person fabricating them wants them to be believable to fool as many people as possible, and therefore purposely chooses to include plausible points, usually building upon information that has been heard and/or leaked so far! For example, as you mentioned the "Zelda Williams Super Secret Photoshoot" (yes, you are not the only person who has heard about it) the same way that you heard about it, the person who created the rumors could easily have heard about it as well, and toyed with that information to come up with the "Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release!" point, so that people will actually be inclined to believe it, finding qualification for doing so by connecting it to the "live photo shoot" information that you've heard of (just the way you did) and just the way the fabricator intends for you to do. All of this can easily be set-up. In other words, the fact that there may be plausible points among others yet provides the presented rumors with no credibility.

#2) The source, 4chan, honestly makes me laugh, and combine this with the track record of Zelda SS rumors in the past that this new set seems to be shamelessly aligning itself with. No, I am serious; while you could try to say that each set of rumors is individual and that this set should not necessarily be faulted for past sets of rumors, I think there is real stock in this concern. There is a serious reason why I scoffed at Dorella, and it had to do with it directly falling too perfectly in line with two past sets of Zelda SS rumors that have been proven as complete fabrications (one that came from 2ch which is supposed to be far more reputable than 4chan!) one set of which featured the name "Adelle" and the other featuring the name "Zordiana"--this newest set of rumors not only brings those earlier ones to mind, but feels all too similar to them. Honestly I would recommend reading this post that I've written up, which completely explains the disproof of both, and highlights the actual confessions of the original fabricators....I'm certain if you do actually read this, you will clearly be able to see where my skepticism is coming from most legitimately.

So due to the reasons mentioned above, I decided that these rumors did not have any solid basis to make them particularly worthy of discussion. Now as you have mentioned, you could still discuss them as you would any set of "plausible points" that some SS fan could make a list of simply to consider the possibilities, but I believe many people (including myself) opted not to do not even this much for these rumors due to the close proximity of the upcoming E3 conference that would reveal everything anyway. Basically, we are not going to gouge or eyes out theorizing over whether they are true because the press conference is so close upon us that at this point that it would be a waste to spend time weighing their credibility when all the facts to be revealed are going to render our considerations of these rumors completely pointless. (Though I will say on Aerial Combat, I agree with you, and I actually made a post explaining as much before this thread was posted...I simply did not feel like reiterating again here.)

And so basically as it happens, due to a combination of the lack of credibility behind our lack of commitment to seriously discuss these points so close to the actual reveal, our replies have been looking rather lightly upon them, perhaps making some jabs and addressing them somewhat comically. You must understand....you are cracking down too hard on this light, unserious tone that many of us may have taken, the basis for which I have already explained above. The way you cracked down on Axle for his unserious reply of "......WHAT?" is a perfect example of this. I hope this post has clarified to you where this attitude has been coming from, and why it need not be gazed down upon.

Now then, E3 is upon us. It's time to set this aside and see what Nintendo's got in store for us.

Very soon, all shall be revealed.

F

filipepw

i can feel it its gona be the best one to date!
it has everything, good placement in the series, revolves arround the Master Sword
animations are stuning!

damn i cant wait..............................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom