• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Rumours (and Probably Hoaxes); Skyward Sword Getting Even More Mysterious

"Flying around like Pit", think about that statement for a minute. What does Pit fly like? Does he fly in some special way that's totally unique? Not really, he just flies. Thus, that is essentially them stating that there will not be flight. At least it confirms that Link will not fly unless he is riding some creature or contraption, although I think it's fair to extend that statement to flight in general.

Now I will agree with you that at any point that can change. After all, Miyamoto has made two separate statements about Skyward Sword now that have now turned out false. (Stating the game will be a totally unique thing unlike any other Zelda game, and stating that there will not be orchestrated music like Super Mario Galaxy, which we now know is EXACTLY what the game will have). That said, I think that given that this was said within the past year and the game is still probably going to release this year, that's not a lot of time to add in a major gameplay component like a flight system. It's very safe to assume there will be no flight gameplay.

Now, if the quote was 'no flight' that would settle it. But they said 'no flying like Pit', stressing the fact that it's not like Pit.
That leaves enough space for some form of flight. If not, they'd just have said 'no flight at all'. It's perfectly fair to still expect some form of flight.
Also, Miyamoto never said there would't be orchestral music.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Now, if the quote was 'no flight' that would settle it. But they said 'no flying like Pit', stressing the fact that it's not like Pit.
That leaves enough space for some form of flight. If not, they'd just have said 'no flight at all'. It's perfectly fair to still expect some form of flight.
Also, Miyamoto never said there would't be orchestral music.

The question was asked (jokingly) if it was gonna be like a Pegasus Epona, or something. The person answering the question said that wouldn't happen, either. That seems to suggest that no other form of flight will be there, either. And, Axle's right on what he said.

The question was asked (jokingly) if it was gonna be like a Pegasus Epona, or something. The person answering the question said that wouldn't happen, either. That seems to suggest that no other form of flight will be there, either.

Nope, that's wrong. The person answering said that they hadn't even thought about doing that. Again, this comes from E3 '10. Anything is bound to change.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Nope, that's wrong. The person answering said that they hadn't even thought about doing that. Again, this comes from E3 '10. Anything is bound to change.

He said "I didn't think about that one." Meaning he was caught off guard. Seeing that as how he said no flight, that seems to suggest no creatures, either. It's just a common sense thing.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Pretty interesting find, i'd say. But still, these are just rumors, and coming from a questionable source such as 4chan, but still, interesting find man!
After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
This could be freakin awesome. I'd like a second quest to expand the replayability (is that how you spell it??) Also, you sort of disagreed with this fact, as being to big for a limited disc memory thingy. Well, if it is a dual layered disc, then yeah, it could work fine. Overall, the "rumors/hoaxes" sound pretty legitimate, but not fully true at the same time. *cough cough, "child Ganondorf", cough cough*

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
It was me who has a few doubts about that point with the disc. I think it is a fity fifty chance, even with a dual layered disc. I'm still wondering how they managed it to put all the giant content of GTA IV on a single DVD for the XBox 360. Well it was probably a dual layered Disc, but still, the content of GTA IV is huge. A worse example is the first Mass Effect. The game did not run properly on an XBox 360. The sequel was released on two discs.

But let's assuming Skyward Sword won't feature voice acting including non high definition graphics (well, that's about 100 percent sure). So yes, it is highly possible to put all this content on a dual layered disc.

He said "I didn't think about that one." Meaning he was caught off guard. Seeing that as how he said no flight, that seems to suggest no creatures, either. It's just a common sense thing.

Sigh... We've already been over this. If you don't get it by now, there is no point in discussing this. This is the absolute last time I am going to say this.

This is very important to what we are talking about here: He never said "NO FLIGHT." You are using skewed quotes to argue another skewed quote. You can't expect to twist a quote and use it as fact. All these quotes are very vague, and really can't be used to explain anything.

There is NOTHING we can safely assume about this. THAT is a common sense thing.

I'm all for speculation, but toting it around as fact is not a good idea.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Sigh... We've already been over this. If you don't get it by now, there is no point in discussing this. This is the absolute last time I am going to say this.

This is very important to what we are talking about here: He never said "NO FLIGHT." You are using skewed quotes to argue another skewed quote. You can't expect to twist a quote and use it as fact. All these quotes are very vague, and really can't be used to explain anything.

I know exactly what you're saying. But I'm telling you you're under a misconception.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time

I'll have to agree with Axle and Juicy J on this one. Furthermore I believe that there will be no "flying" sequences but this all depends on how many times Link travels from Skyloft to Hyrule. If it will only be a couple times, then yes it would make sense to do some fighting mid-air. BUT, if Link will be traveling constantly between the two lands, then it would just become hinder-some and repetitive and wouldn't work well in my opinion. So I believe the traveling will be like warping in any other zelda game, just a short cutscene

Con-man

Master Swordsman
If this stuff is true, then i do belive this could be the most epic zelda yet, now im really excited!

Also, i belive strongly that there will at some point in the game be flying, and if there is i will write a post rubbing the fact that i was right in every persons face who doubted this. Nintendo said this zelda will be different, the title SKYword sword, how could there by NO flying?

This. I'm with this.
Also, if there wouldn't be any form of flight they would downright have said 'no flying'.
But again, they didn't. They said 'no flying LIKE PIT'. This only rules out 'flying like Pit',
however that may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom