• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Rumours (and Probably Hoaxes); Skyward Sword Getting Even More Mysterious

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen

Count me to the more sceptic people when it comes to Skyward Sword. Neither the Demo, nor the GDC Trailer drew from me a; "Wow this could be the most epic Zelda ever. I wet my pants" (well, this was actually my reaction after the E3 2005 Trailer of Twilight Princess). So, I'm happy about every new stuff (rumours or even hoaxes) from Skyward Sword.

According to Zelda Informer, there are new leaked informations about Skyward Sword available. And, please grab your seats, most of them coming from 4Chan.

Now I will put the facts shown on Zelda Informer together:

Skyward Sword
is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.

There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.

Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."

Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.

Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.

Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.

Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.

Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.

Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release.

After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.

Coming November 1st, 2011.

Visit Zelda Informer to read the full article:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/heres-the-first-of-the-annual-batch-of-pre-e3-zelda-rumors.html

Well, most of these rumours are clearly unconfirmed. But the Zelda Williams Project combining with the Live Action could be true. Ever seen a picture of her?

00221917dec40ab1bc510b.jpg

Could the new Zelda probably look like Zelda Williams? It is not a secret Robin Williams named his daughter after the game (for Miyamoto it was Zelda Fitzgerald who inspired him with her name).

There is another fact that seems very interesting:

Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.

The name is not important at this time. But I think it was JuicieJ at his website who exact wrote the same. A group of evil sorcerers sounds in some way logic. It is likely Link will challenge a whole group of some very evil guys which wants to obtain the Triforce.

After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
Very unlikely is this fact. I mean it is only a 8,5 DL DVD. Is there a chance there will be so much content on just a single disc? I really doubt that.

Well, what's your thoughts about these new rumours? Maybe Zelda Dungeon has the capability to destroy most of the false rumours.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
If Ganondorf is there as a child, I wonder if the Twinrova sisters will be in the game.. I mean, there is a desert-themed dungeon!

But, if more than half of these rumours are PROVEN to be false, I'll be depressed and irate. -.-

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
But, if more than half of these rumours are PROVEN to be false, I'll be depressed and irate.

A few rumours like the soundtrack and the date of the release are almost confirmed. But most of these facts could be false. Created by the imagination of some 4Chan guys. But theorizing about these facts won't hurt anybody. And a few of them sounds solid.

Skyward Sword could be the most mysterious Zelda game in the series. Unconfirmed facts, a strange cover artwork, a reversed trailer. Nintendo doesen't reveal much about the final game. It is Aonumas duty to present the fans a masterpiece. This would probably the best birthday present to Zelda.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm not really gonna listen to most of this stuff right now. (Especially coming from Zelda Informer.) The game completion I can believe (and that the pale dude is a sorceror trying to get the Triforce and the overworlds things), but other than that... (Especially Ganondorf. There's no way this is gonna be less than 100 years before Ocarina of Time.) And one thing is even completely confirmed not to be true: flight. It says "flying combat," but there's no flight in the game. That makes all the other things instantly have less merit.

I'm not really gonna listen to most of this stuff right now. (Especially coming from Zelda Informer.) The game completion I can believe (and that the pale dude is a sorceror trying to get the Triforce and the overworlds things), but other than that... (Especially Ganondorf. There's no way this is gonna be less than 100 years before Ocarina of Time.) And one thing is even completely confirmed not to be true: flight. It says "flying combat," but there's no flight in the game. That makes all the other things instantly have less merit.

A few things:

1. The story about Zelda Williams has been posted by numerous reputable sites.

2. Nintendo can change the timeline as they please. It's not that much of an issue for them.

3.Miyamoto never specifically said there would be no flight, he said that Link would not fly like pit. Even if they had not planned on flight, there is no reason that they could not have put it in. It has been about a years time since that quote, after all.

I'm not saying these rumors are true, but there is definitely a possibility. Right now, we have no way to absolutely shoot these down.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Especially coming from Zelda Informer.

Problem of Zelda Informer is; The extreme hype of the autors. Most of the Zelda Informer articles are build on theories, rumours and hype (but most of them have nice aspects).

And one thing is even completely confirmed not to be true: flight.

Reading this, I feel a bit more "comfortable". I'm not into this flying stuff anyway. I mean, this is Zelda, not World of Warcraft.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A few things:

1. The story about Zelda Williams has been posted by numerous reputable sites.

2. Nintendo can change the timeline as they please. It's not that much of an issue for them.

3.Miyamoto never specifically said there would be no flight, he said that Link would not fly like pit. Even if they had not planned on flight, there is no reason that they could not have put it in. It has been about a years time since that quote, after all.

I'm not saying these rumors are true, but there is definitely a possibility. Right now, we have no way to absolutely shoot these down.

Maybe not, but the ones I said sure don't seem likely. Especially the Ganondorf one. Ganondorf wasn't even 100 years old in OoT. He couldn't have been, as he doesn't live like that without the Triforce of Power.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Zelda Informer said:

Oh God, here we go. What happened to Zordiana again? :lol:

I'm not going to give 4chan the benefit of the doubt. We'll be hearing the real details at E3 anyway, and that's coming up soon enough already, so I wouldn't spend too much time looking into this before then.

Also, her name is SO NOT going to be Dorella. I'm calling it. Quote me if you must. :P

Last edited:
Didn't 4chan predict a lot of things about Wind Waker that turned out to be true?

Yeah, 4Chan, and it was that someone released the entire story two months before release. Now, just because people do sometimes drop legit leaks there, doesn't mean they are all true.

We have a few more days to find out if some of these are true.

Beeker

Wild Card
Hmm...these rumors are interesting. Some could be true, but others I really don't see going into Skyward Sword.
Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
I could really see this one as true, as a few months back the developers said the game was in its final stages.

There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
Maybe. There could be another demo this year, I can see the overworld one being a possibilty, but the sky combat/exploration, not so sure(if there even is flying combat and sky expolration)

*coughcough*Zordiana/Adelle*coughcough* Name rumors shouldn't be taken too seriously. Who knows what name could be come up with for the characters?

Somewhat similar to above about the name, but I can sorta see the backstory as a possibilty. Sorcerers going after the Triforce seems to fit what happens in Zelda's stories, and this could fit the theories of th interlopers and all that stuff.

Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
Not so sure. It'd be cool to see Ganondorf as a child as an easter egg, then again there's the timeline and the fact the games should be taking place more than 100 years before. Unless Gerudos can live that long...

Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
Hmmm...I'd imagine that Zelda would get a redesign. Though an Egyptian look seems kinda odd to me.

Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.
I believe this was confirmed already. If not then very likely. XD

Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
I like this idea, considering the inhabitants of the world live in Skyloft and the land below is full of monsters and ruin.

Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release.
Highly doubt this. Both things. Using CGI or something seems to be more plausible than live action. And, stuff on the internet does get leaked, but even if this did, it'd probably be a few weeks before(my guess)

Sort of like a Second Quest? I'd welcome that. That or just a bonus dungeon unlocked after you beat the game?

Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
Meh. If there would be any form of vehicle or transportation, it'd probably have to deal with the sky, like the boat dealt with the sea in Wind Waker.

Coming November 1st, 2011.
This makes sense. Seems like a tentative release date set for the holidays. That's when the game would be expected to come out.

Maybe not, but the ones I said sure don't seem likely. Especially the Ganondorf one. Ganondorf wasn't even 100 years old in OoT. He couldn't have been, as he doesn't live like that without the Triforce of Power.

He was a sorcerer before he obtained the triforce if my memory serves me correct, so its possible he was actually older than he looked in OoT. Then it's possible he makes a cameo in SS as a kid, if it will be a cameo like role.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
He was a sorcerer before he obtained the triforce if my memory serves me correct, so its possible he was actually older than he looked in OoT. Then it's possible he makes a cameo in SS as a kid, if it will be a cameo like role.

I thought he would just be the leader of a group of greedy thiefs before he obtained the Triforce? Maybe I'm wrong. That was the backstory of A Link to the Past. But I can't remembering every detail right now.

Ganondorf had dark powers in OoT, I mean even before he gets the Triforce of Power he zaps you as a kid. But I don't think their is anything else hinting that he was anything more than the King of Gerudos who was hungry for the Triforce and power. Also if a male is born every 100 years and he becomes the king....well I think we can deduce from that right there how long their lifespan must be. We can surmise from that little info that their lifespans are about 100 years or so, maybe 120 or something as the new baby male probably wouldn't be king right away. But it's possible someone in Nabooru's position for instance would rule until the king was old enough.
So in other words it wouldn't make sense to have Ganondorf as a baby in there unless this game is only 100 years prior to OoT. I thought the general consensus is that it's several hundred years prior.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Somewhat similar to above about the name, but I can sorta see the backstory as a possibilty. Sorcerers going after the Triforce seems to fit what happens in Zelda's stories, and this could fit the theories of th interlopers and all that stuff.

The name that you are thinking of is most likely Nabooru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom