• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most You've Spend on a Video Game

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
What was the most amount of money you spent on a single video game? What I mean specifically is how much you spent on getting the game itself, not as in in-game purchases or DLC and such. Cost of the actual game so to say. Have you ever bought games that went beyond retail price? Like a rare video game? Collector's or special editions can count I guess, but spending a lot of those can be a given.
Also what was the game?

For for me, the most I've spent on a stand alone game w/ my own money was $50 + tax on Xenoblade Chronicle for the Wii. In hindsight, this was pretty reckless of me for spending this much money on a game I barley knew anything about (I don't buy new $60 modern games by the way, I generally wait to get them used). The reason I considered it was b/c I wanted another Wii game, and I've heard a youtube guy named cjzero01 talk about it sometimes so I thought might as well. Though funnily enough the week I bought it, Shulk's reveal trailer for smash 4 came out, it's like it was meant to be
By the way, this was the best reckless decision I ever made, did not regret it one bit.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Highest has been £40 and that was for a new game that had released that week (damn you ORAS), i will never pick up a 2nd hand game and most games here go for £30-£40. I am smart enough to wait for a sale. Though steam is pretty sadistic right now £50 odd for DS3. and that's with their discount. I want it badly but at the same time that's expensive

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Halo 3 limited edition. Was like $70, I think? I tend to stay away from limited and deluxe editions though. Hate spending $10 extra for literally nothing.
Since the loonie is in the ****ter, all new games cost anywhere from $70-80 just for the standard edition. So now I'm at the point where I just wait for sales.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
$150 for the collector's edition of Skyrim. I eventually replaced it with a digital copy, but I still display the statue that came with it.

Does World of Warcraft count?. I think I put like 150-200$ on that. Complete waste of money for me.

Besides that 60$ on skyward sword with wiimote.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Half the people in this thread have never bought a new game lol. That's the most I've spent on a game, buying it new.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why anyone would purchase a game brand new is beyond me.
If it's a highly anticipated game and you don't feel you can wait. i.e. i'll probably get FFXV new.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Why anyone would purchase a game brand new is beyond me.
Well, I mean... Nintendo games don't really go down in price that much. So, that's why I get most of my Nintendo games new.

However, for other companies games, I always wait, because they likely go down to small prices such as $20. Which is pretty fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom