• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword (Possible Sequel)

I know its still too early for a sequel from Skyward Sword when it barely even had any plot about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. But I was thinking the title of the sequel of Skyward Sword it could be called The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword. Skyward Sword would probably talk about things that involve with Skyward Sword and while Master Sword could involve something with the Master Sword.

In my opinion The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword a possible sequel of Skyward Sword sounds intersting. Or the title The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword could just probably be set in a another time or of Skyward Sword or something.

Just a thought/idea.

Somehow I doubt that there will be a new Zelda game which will be placed between Skyward Sword and Ocarina Of Time, even if the latter is set 100 years after SS. I just don't see the point to spoil every part of the story's inception, because if so there wouldn't be any mystery left. I think it would be much wiser to pick up the storyline after Spirit Tracks (for the new 3DS installment) respectively after Twilight Princess (for the next-gen console).
And I certainly wouldn't like such a subtitle as "Master Sword", because it would be lacking any originality or creativity Nintendo should have left for the Zelda franchise. No, the next titles can't possibly be guessed or associated with previous games...

K

kupo?!

Ocarina of time is pretty much the direct squeal to SS because SS is a prequel to Ocarina of time.
not that you didn't already obviously know that yet.

Wait, the Skyward Sword IS the Master Sword, and it turns into the Master Sword during the game, so this game is really about both swords. And there are already like six other Zelda games that are full of the Master Sword.

K

kupo?!

Twilight Princess, Hero's shade says it when you first meet him.

If I remember correctly, isn't the Skyward Sword the Master Sword? Or turns into it, something along those lines anyway. So I don't really see a sequel called The Legend of Zelda: Master Sword appearing. It's also not a very original name, is very plain and boring, so even if they do create a game about the Master Sword, I think they'll find a much better name to fit it.

I personally don't feel that Skyward Sword is entirely just about the Sword either, I think that it'll be a major theme, but not the most important. I'll be surprised if the game goes into a lot of depth about how it's created or where it comes from. Ocarina of Time had a large theme with the Ocarina of Time, but when I play that game, I don't think about that item as anything more than an item to help me along on my quest, I always think about the actual quest at hand, which is freeing the sages and defeating Ganondorf (or in the case of Skyward Sword, which ever villain ends up appearing in the game). I just can't see Nintendo going down such a path to be honest, it seems like a very strange idea that I don't think would turn out too well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom