• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Mafia: Majora's Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Pendio personally, nor have I ever been in other games with him, so I wouldn't know if it's a good idea to "never trust him" or not. JC brings up a good point with that quote, one that I initially glanced over.... But my vote was mainly on the basis that Keyshe, musicfan, and myself had continuously called him out with no response. Add that to the fact that the most recent post from him that I can recall said something along the lines of "part of me wants to trust JJ and believe him, the other part thinks he's scum", and I just saw a rather inactive player who sat on the fence at a critical time.

My vote still stands, but I'll wait for a response.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Never trust Pendio; at least, not completely. He's a crafty little devil who knows how to appear one way but act in another. Even though he might be passing off Mellow and JuicieJ as scumbuds [namely in the last section of the above posts], it's still possible that he's actually scum himself and knew that those two were done for. That's the thing: Usually even a mafioso would be reluctant to sacrifice his companions, but Pendio has done so before, although that was his role at one time.

However, while I don't trust Pendio, I've no reason to suspect him yet. Once he has responded to Vergo's accusations, then I'll provide my own input and see how things run from there. Chances are, we might be chasing the wind with this one.
Yeah true, Pendio is an experienced player and I'm not saying that he's definitely Town, it's just that this post really stood out to me. It just seems really odd that Mafia would jeopardise another player being killed just so one can be seen as Pro-Town. To me it seems redundant that Mafia would throw JJ under the bus while he still could have, realistically, got out of the mess with some guidance and help from his scum buds.

Right now, I really don't think Pendio is worth the risk, as you said, nothing is immediately scummy anyway. I would still like to see his response though.

Anyway, there are a number of people I'd like to see more activity from in this game; one being Big Octo. He has posted but he hasn't really added anything to the game just little comments here and there, is that just his way of playing or is he going down the safe route to avoid being killed? Either way, I'd like to see more activity from Bo and others.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Haven't had a lot of time to read.... Sorry guys. But I WILL stay in this game. I'll read tomorrow because I have nothing to do. However, on Saturday, I have a service project to do. So I won't be active then.

Rachel

be vigitant
If Musicfan tells s his target the mafia may try to night kill that person to make him or her look like mafia. So I would suggest keeping your intended target a secret or saying one name but really targeting another, I guess.

LG, I realize my vote is on you because you replaced Xyphon and you can't really defend that, but my vote still stands...I think Xyphon and thus you are scum.

Big Octo

=^)
Anyway, there are a number of people I'd like to see more activity from in this game; one being Big Octo. He has posted but he hasn't really added anything to the game just little comments here and there, is that just his way of playing or is he going down the safe route to avoid being killed? Either way, I'd like to see more activity from Bo and others.

Apologies for my inactivity, I've been more focused on other things, but I'll try to pick it up. I'll start be looking at today's primary targets:

JC: I feel that he's defended himself satisfyingly against the initial accusations against him today. I also wasn't too suspicious of him to begin with, so I definitely don't think that he's a good option.

LG: Worth looking into. I'd like to hear what she says in response to general suspicions as well. Where she at?

Pendio: To me, certainly the most suspicious target. Like LG, I'd like to see what he says in response to the accusations against him.

IGMEOY: Pendio

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I think Pendio has been busy for like a week or something. I haven't seen him around, so I don't know how long it will be until we hear from him.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think Pendio has been busy for like a week or something. I haven't seen him around, so I don't know how long it will be until we hear from him.

Yeah, he's on vacation in London. Won't have internet access. Just now remembered that while perusing the LotR thread.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I suggest we stop the pursuing of Pendio for today, it's only fair since he can't respond. I'm not suspicious of him whatsoever, but for those who are, I think it would be better to look for an alternative target while Pendio is inactive.

Give me a wide verity to investigate so the person I do investigate is less likely to be nK

Here's my idea.
People might give you suggestions on who to target. You naturally should take suggestions from people you already have investigate to prevent the mafia from taking advantage of this. And towards the and of the day, you announce who you are going to investigate. Basically if you die and there are 2 other nightkills it probably means that you have found scum. If you don't, than this means that we have a confirmed townie.

I currently don't see any major flaws other than a currently unused nightkill sent to confuse us. The mafia would want to kill us one by one each night and the same applies for the seriel killer.

I suggest we stop the pursuing of Pendio for today, it's only fair since he can't respond. I'm not suspicious of him whatsoever, but for those who are, I think it would be better to look for an alternative target while Pendio is inactive.

Normally I'd be reluctant to agree with this. But since you and Tareous both seem to think that Pendio is a well-seasoned played who could help us, I'm willing to agree.

Unvote

So what's another good target? Well, Heroine has already established a vote on Odd. I also called him out on the page before this I believe, with no response.

In fact, I'm seeing there A LOT of people not really posting.... Maybe an extension is a good idea after all? I'm all for strategic modkills, but with this many people, it might do more harm than good. Not saying I support it right now, since I have always believed daily lynches are a good thing, but I can see the logic if we want to keep people like Pendio in the game.

Anyways, Odd might be our next best bet. He already has a vote, so getting most of them on him wouldn't be difficult. I won't vote right now, but does this seem like a good alternative?

Yeah, it's upto to you if you want to take the defensive route by trying to confirm townies or risk yourself by trying to find scum.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If Musicfan tells s his target the mafia may try to night kill that person to make him or her look like mafia. So I would suggest keeping your intended target a secret or saying one name but really targeting another, I guess.
Good point; however, I think we can easily tell a Mafia NK from an alternative one. For one, a Mafia NK is usually referred to as a group kill, two examples from from this game so far:
[ilquote=PancakeSamurai] A group of people was following Keyshe as all of this was happening. [/ilquote]
[ilquote=PancakeSamurai] group then entered the clock that sat in the middle of the town. Viral Maze was sorting out his potions when one of the members of the group grabbed him and began stabbing him repeatedly.[/ilquote]

Chances our that the kill will be shown as in the same fashion... So let's say Musicfan investigates Alit (implying he's Town) - Mafia then target Musicfan to make Alit see mike scum as we know (if MF's telling the truth) that his role is that if he investigates scum, he dies. However, we can analyse the night scene to counter Mafia.

Since we know a typical Mafia night kill scene we will basically be able to tell if they targeted Music or not. This way, if MF's targets is a Townie, we will then be able to confirm that player's alignment etc. There might be a slight problem if MF's targets scum and, at the same time, MF is also subject to a Mafia NK on the same night. This may cause confusion; however, I still think we'd be able to tell in the night scene just what happens.

---

I'm all for scum hunting today, I would still like to see Alit's response before I proceed to vote for him; however, I think we also need to discuss who exactly Musicfan investigates in the night as that is just as important as who we lynch today in my eyes.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Justa I'm completely safe as long as the person is not killed or is scum.
As I said earlier id rather use my ability to confirm town then find mafia from the more narrowed list for 2 reasons 1 you lose an additional vote unnessiserily. 2 it sounds like you are trying to get rid of me.
I'm fine if you give me a list to select my target from but only from the confirmed townies.

Ebwodp

Also the lis might help because the mafia might try to kill two brides with one stone selecting some one from the list insted of the confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom