• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Ganondorf

The Legend of Ganondorf - good or bad idea?

• Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea

• Unsure

• Total voters
I am not sure if this idea has been discussed before (I am relatively new to these forums), but here is my take on it:

How about a future Zelda title that features Ganondorf, instead of Link, as the protagonist? A game where everything is seen from Ganondorf's point of view? I think this would be the perfect way to learn more about Ganondorf's character. I like the idea that, instead of Ganondorf being portrayed as an evil villain, he is instead seen as a deeply misunderstood rogue who is only trying to do what he feels is best for all of Hyrule. His quest for the Triforce is justified by some twisted sense of morality, or even a sense of patriotism. I am reminded of his desire to restore the Kingdom of Hyrule during the events of Windwaker. Clearly these were the actions of a man who loves his homeland...

I am thinking of a game set when Ganondorf is just a teenager, learning the ways of the Gerudo, training to become a master thief and Gerudo warrior. He then makes his own plans to obtain the Triforce. This is where we would learn more about Ganondorf's motives, and dwell deep into his dark character. Perhaps he sees himself as the good guy, trying to overthrow the tyranny of Hyrule's law? Perhaps he views himself as a rebel, or a revolutionary?

The game could follow the same format as Zelda games always have, the only difference being that this time, you're playing for the other side. Each dungeon could contain an essential item, each town you visit could contain important information about the Triforce. Everything you do brings you closer to that goal, and you'll stop at nothing to get it. You must slay some of Hyrule's greatest warriors, defeat an entire army trying to stop you, overthrow the entire Kingdom just to save it from itself... it cannot continue to exist in its current state, and it is your job to change everything for the better, to make it perfect and beautiful, even if many innocent people must sacrifice their lives for the greater good...

This could be the darkest, most emotional and most complex Zelda to date. (Even more so than Majora's Mask). I don't know if this is a terrible or brilliant idea, but if Nintendo could pull it off, I think it would be very successful. I know I'm just dreaming, but I just thought I'd put my idea out there. If anyone wants to add anything to it, feel free. I've probably missed a few things out, but this is all off the top of my head. (I made a similar thread in Zelda Universe, but a mod didn't like my idea and deleted the thread).

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I am unsure because, wouldn't that mean in the end, evil...winning? Well, actually after thinking about it, it would be cool to have a direct sequel where another, stronger, Link comes to save the Day! And when you get a game over instead of Return of Ganon a la Zelda 2 style it could be return of Link!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've written a fanfiction like this.

I'm currently in the process of editing/revising it. "The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Evil" if you want to look up the version I have now - my profile on Fanfiction dot net. In my sig.

In other words, I want to see a Ganondorf-game, too, and have ideas about how it might play out.

G

Ghiraher

I don't know...It think that would take away part of Ganondorf's villain-hood because he wouldn't be viewed necessarily as the "bad guy". Also, I kinda like his element of the unknown, I think his mysteriousness makes him seem more like a villain.

G

gerudotribegirl

I think it would a good idea because it might actually give clarity to the downfall timeline (for those who believe in a split Legend of Zelda timeline).

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would love to see this. Ganondorf having his own game about his childhood and teenage life as a Gerudo living in succeeding in being the King of Evil, Gerudo, and thief. Also having a part where he is being introduce to as of him being the Hero of Time and knowing that Link will kill Ganondorf. Also knowing what to receive in order to receive power for his ruling.

G

Ghiraher

I think it'd be cool to have a Zelda game where Link has to go into the past when Ganondorf was a kid/teenager in order to learn about him. That way you could have the benefit of knowing about Ganon's past and rising to power, but you could still be Link. Unless of course, you specifically want to play as Ganondorf...

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I like the idea of having a game about Ganondorf set before the events of OoT; it would add depth to Ganondorf's character on a larger scale than what WW did, which is a welcome change. Of course, I think it should be a kind of side game as it would deviate quite a lot from traditional Zelda, but I do think it would be interesting to play as Ganondorf. There's also the issue of where it fits in the Zelda timeline, or whether it will be considered canon. I know Zelda has had a couple side games or spin-offs like Link's Crossbow training, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, and even, to some extent, Majora's Mask. I understand it's a risky move, but I think it's a risk that should be taken.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
You know would be cool? If sympathy is created for Ganondorf, kind of like Darth Vader in Star Wars.

I've written a fanfiction like this.

I'm currently in the process of editing/revising it. "The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Evil" if you want to look up the version I have now - my profile on Fanfiction dot net. In my sig.

In other words, I want to see a Ganondorf-game, too, and have ideas about how it might play out.

I'm reading your fanfic at the moment. It's simply brilliant. Well done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom