• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link The Game to End All Games

What was the Hardest part of Zelda II?

• Flying Invisible Eyeball Swarms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Repetitive Combat

• I Am Error

• Impossible Bosses

• Death Mountain Maze

• Not knowing Where Your Supposed to Go

• Sexual Innuendos

• No Save Points

• The Fact that A Mistake in Any Dungeon Can Make the Game Unbeatable

• The Repulsive Leveling-Up System

• Iron Knuckles with Too Much Health

• Not Knowing What to Do

• Keeping Yourself Interested in Such a Boring Game

• Realizing That This Game Has No Refund

• Unsure

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Zelda II is the hardest game I've ever played. It's the only game I actually ever gave up on (I'll give it another go soon). I fought my way through invisible flying swarms of eyeball monsters, Iron Knuckles with way too much health, the Death Mountain maze, the realization that I could've made the game un-winnable in any dungeon (I learned that, to my own terror, after dungeon four), an average dungeon taking three days to beat, repetitive combat, that stupid and way-too-hard leveling up system, ridiculous bosses, no save points, not knowing where I'm going, sexual innuendos, and I AM ERROR. Eventually I beat all six dungeons, but I was never able to reach the final dungeon . What made your head ache the most in this game and why?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The hardest things about this game were: no save points and losing EXP upon death and/or quitting the game. I'm really glad the 3DS port gave us save states, because I'd be tearing my head out upon every freaking death were they not there. ;)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i LOVED this game when i returned to it after 15 years. LOL. i didnt think it was all that hard, except for knowing what to do next. as soon as you get past Death Mountain There is a woods you can Grind in to level up all the way in about an hour. after that the game is smooth sailing as long as you know where to go next!

i voted other. all of the other options seem to imply that the game was really bad. I actually kinda like the game, but if i had any complaints, it'd be that the difficulty is quite high. I've been stuck at the final palace for the last few months.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
I voted other. The hardest part of the game to me is either beating Dark Link without cheating, or getting knocked back into a pit. There is a room in the Maze Palace and one in the Hidden Palace where it is extremely easy to get hit by a horse/medusa head and end up in the lava.

Also, there are a couple of errors in your poll options. First of all, the "Flying Invisible Eyeball Swarms" are actually Moa's, and they can be seen with the Cross, which you receive in the Hidden Palace. The only area of the game they appear in is the graveyard prior to the Valley of Death, and there's no purpose in even going there until after you have placed all 6 crystals.

I'm not sure what you mean by a mistake in a dungeon could render the game unbeatable, but if you're referring to the fact that the palace turns to stone after you beat it, I can assure you that does not happen until you have collected the dungeon item and beaten the boss. Also, not really sure how Error was a difficult aspect of the game, however, his buddy Bagu was a bit random to find.

In case you can't tell, I love me some Zelda II.

I really feel like the final dungeon is the hardest part about this game. Just getting to this palace is a feat and will most likely cost you at least one life. The only way to do it is to save all of the extra lives throughout the game for this final trek into treachery and hell.

Once you make it to this palace, the real pain begins. This place is so brutal. Those dancing little skeleton guys who throw their knives will murder you in seconds. You will fall through some floors that you don't want to and there are some floors that you will need to fall through but they can be hidden. It's hard to explain until you have actually done it.

At one point, I could go through this level fairly easily. I got quite good at it as a kid and I can remember beating it multiple times. Now, the only sure thing is that I would need an online walk-through to even have a chance.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'd say the valley of death is the hardest part in the game considering that you have to go through a series of battles with lizalfos and various flying eye monsters which is a pain to deal with when there's lava pits that you could accidentally fall into while trying to get past the monsters. You basically have to repeatedly fight those same monsters over and over until you get to the second cave that takes you close to where the great palace(the true hardest part in the game in which is a pain to get to as it is) is. So you basically have to reserve all of your extra lives up to that point. If you don't have enough extra lives at that point, you've technically reached a dead end in that save file and can't beat the game prompting you to have to start the whole game over again and try again. It is epically annoying.

My only problem with this game is the no ability to save really. Like I've been stuck on the 6th dungeon for a year now and I stopped picking it up because I would get there and get to the dragon with one life left. Then I die and you can guess the rage quitting.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
When facing Volvagia, be try to plan out your jumps before you make them. I know it must be hard. That fight forces you to battle a fire-breathing dragon while jumping from pillar to pillar, and Volvagia's only weak spot is his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom