• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art "The Forest of Fern"

blue-eyes

Phoenix
well, i wonder about the voice, and I think Elliot thinks shes crazy but oh well. Cant wait till the Main Story ( like when the action starts happening) to start

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Ooh! Great first chapter! I can't wait till the story develops more!
And yay! My character came in! (I only have a small nitpick for you- you spelled Tekara's name wrong... its Tekara not Takara. Other than that, you did awesome!)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ooh! Great first chapter! I can't wait till the story develops more!
And yay! My character came in! (I only have a small nitpick for you- you spelled Tekara's name wrong... its Tekara not Takara. Other than that, you did awesome!)

Oops, sorry.:S I'll try to remember that.

amaterasu

Writer
is this the one i signed up for when you couldn't accept any more characters for The Wall of Infinity, or did i not sign up for that?

Ganondork

goo
Hmmmm, you do details good, but you need to work on word usage. Your choice in words sometimes are very boring, and help dull the story.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.:)

is this the one i signed up for when you couldn't accept any more characters for The Wall of Infinity, or did i not sign up for that?

This is the one you signed up for.

Here's the next chapter:

Chapter two: Voices

Fern was asleep in her room, dreaming a peaceful dream. She lay in a grassy meadow with trees surrounding the area; everything was slightly glowing with a yellow light, and there was a large white flower twenty feet away to her left. She got up and looked at the flower. Suddenly the flower opened.

The flower opened to a beautiful lady. She was the most beautiful woman Fern had ever seen. She was too beautiful to describe. Fern walked towards the lady and stopped at the foot of the flower. The lady looked down at her with her silver eyes. Her long blond hair flowed across her back touching the floor. She sat in what looked like a chair. Everything was bright and happy.

“Fern,” The lady said with the sweetest voice. “You heard a voice calling for help today, at the pool. That voice told you that it was urgent but you ignored it.
Why?”

The lady looked sad and she was frowning which made her not look as beautiful.

“I didn’t know what to do.” Fern said.

“All you had to do was ask where to go and go there.”

“I thought of that but-”

“Fern, you can still help. All you have to do is ask where to go and go there. You will have to make a hard choice though. You will have to leave your home for a
long time. Do you want that?”

“I-I-I don’t know.”

Fern stood there for a while thinking about what she should do. She looked around here and thought of the voice. Then she thought of her parents and friends. She would never see Elliot again, or Tekara, or anyone. Then she looked up at the lady.

“I’ll do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. If this means helping someone then I’m all for it.”

“All you have to do now is ask where to go.”

“Maye, where are you?” Fern said closing her eyes.

“I’m at a clothing shop around the corner. Help me!”

“Go, Fern, to castle town. Take this before you go.”

The lady handed Fern a pendant. It was a tree with tiny green gems inside. Fern put it around her neck and looked at the lady.

“Thank you.” Fern said.

The flower closed up on the lady and Fern woke up. She got up and almost hit her head on the shelf. Her mother walked in the room just then and looked at fern.

“You’re awake.” She said.

“Yeah, I had a strange dream.”

“Well, dinner is ready.”

Her mother walked out of the room and Fern got up.

She left her room and went to eat. After she was done she went back to her room and sat down on the bed. She pondered for a while about the place Maye had mentioned. She wondered for a while and then gave up. She picked up her book and started reading.

“Help me please! I can’t do this for long!”

She heard the voice again. She put the book down and looked around.

“I’m coming.”

She left her room and saw her parents watching TV in the living room. She had to sneak past them to get outside. She quietly opened the door and slid out closing the door behind her. She walked around looking for a shop of any sort. She found a shop that said “Jonson’s Clothing department”.

That must be it.

She walked to the store but there was no one inside. Then she heard some battle noises behind to the building. She ran over to the noise and saw a girl fighting two men that looked like robbers. She ran and jumped on one of the men. He tried to get her off but she held tight and he hit the wall. He was unconscious and she went for the other one when the girl was already done with him.

“Who are you?” Fern asked.

“I’m Maye. Thank you for the help. I was able to stop time while I waited for you. I couldn’t hold time for long. You came just in time.”

The girl looked to be about fifteen. She had short brown hair that went to her shoulders and brown eyes. She was wearing jeans, a pink shirt, white socks and sneakers. She smiled at Fern and Fern returned the smile.

“Wait, if you can control time why couldn’t you handle these guys?”

“I don’t know my powers yet. I haven’t been able to practice.”

“Wait, you have magic powers?”

“Yes.”

Maye walked to the front of the shop and Fern followed.

“You should talk to my friend, Chailyn. She has better magic than me.”

“I see. Well, is that all you needed?”

“Yes.”

“Well then, good bye.”

“Good bye.” Maye said in a sad tone.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just thought you would be my friend. I have none but Chailyn and she’s always gone.”

“I can be your friend.” Fern said smiling. “I just have to go home.”

“Oh. Okay then.” Maye said smiling.

Fern went home and when she went into her room she fell asleep. In the morning she got up, ate breakfast and went to where Maye had been last night. The shop was open today and she walked in. She saw Maye working at the desk and some customers were looking at clothes.

“Hey Fern!” Maye called from behind the desk.

I didn’t tell her my name?

Fern walked over to the desk and looked around. It was a small shop and had only a few racks of clothing. All along the walls were the racks of clothing.

“So you work here eh?” Fern asked looking at Maye.

“Yes. My parents said I should get a job to earn money so I came here.”

“Wow. Hey, I’ve been looking for a job, do you think I could get one here?”

“Sure. We’re hiring actually.”

“Great! I’ll come by tomorrow then.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later?” Maye asked.

“When do you get off of work?”

“I get off at four.”

“Good. See you then.” Fern said walking out.

She left the store and went back to her house. She saw Elliot walking to her door and she called out to him.

“Hey Elliot! I’m over here!”

Elliot looked to where Fern was and ran over there. When he got there he smiled at her.

“Are you feeling better today?” He asked.

“Yes. It wasn’t a bad hit to the head.”

“Well you never know.”

“Guess what.”

“What?” He asked walking with her to the direction of the pool.

“I’m getting a job.”

“What?”

He stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

“I’m getting a job. I need the money.”

“You won’t see me a lot then.”

“Sure I will. I’ll be working the same shift as my new friend Maye.”

“Where are you going to work?”

“At that clothing store.” Fern said pointing to the shop.

“There?”

“Yes, there.”

“Okay, it’s your decision.”

Fern and Elliot walked back to her house and they sat on the porch. Then Fern said. “I know whose voice it was now.”

“What?” Elliot asked looking at Fern.

“I know whose voice it was from yesterday. That voice I heard at the pool. It was Maye’s”

“Now I think you hit your head too hard.”

“No, it’s real. I had a dream last night with a white lady who told me what to do. She also gave me this.”

She pulled out her tree pendant and showed it to Elliot.

“Wow, I’ve never seen anything like that before!”

He looked at the pendant with wide eyes. She put the pendant away and he looked at her.

“Do you believe me now?” Fern asked.

“Well not entirely but I guess that proves something.”

They sat there in silence. Time seemed to pass slowly and they sat there doing nothing. Fern got up and went inside and came back out with her book.

“Going to read again?”

“Yes. If we’re just going to sit here then I will read.”

“How bout I meet your new friend.”

“Sure.”

She put her book away and they went to the shop. They entered the shop and walked up to the desk.

“Hey Maye. This is Elliot.” Fern said pointing to Elliot,

Elliot waved a hand and Maye waved back.

“Hello Elliot.” She said smiling. “Fern saved my life last night. I never thought she would come but she did. I have to work now but if you come back at four I’ll be here.”

“Bye.” Fern said waving to Maye as they left.

“So you weren’t lying” Elliot said as they walked away.

“You should’ve believed me.”

They went back to the front porch. They sat there silently. Fern took off the tree pendant and moved it around in her hands.

Why did she give me this? She thought.

“Do you know why she gave this to me?” Fern asked looking at Elliot and holding up the pendant.

“No. First you get this message from someone you don’t even know, than you get this tree thing from a lady you met in a dream. What does it mean?”

“I don’t know.”

She put the necklace back around her neck and sat there. They both looked down at the ground. Then they heard someone talking from the sidewalk.

“Hey guys!”

They looked up to see Tekara waving to them. She walked up to them and sat down next to Fern.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“We’re just sitting here.”

“I heard about what happened yesterday. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Look at this.”

Fern pulled out her tree pendant and Tekara looked at it. Fern explained what happened to her when Tekara left. Tekara sat there for a while taking it all in. Then
she said, “I think that someone or something is calling us.”

“Calling us for what?”

“I don’t know, just something. Listen, I’m going to do some research and be back tomorrow. Meet back here and we’ll talk about it later.”

Tekara got up and went in the direction of her house. Elliot said good bye to Fern and went home as well. Fern wen inside and sat on the couch.

Hope you liked it;)

Last edited:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Yes! Second chapter! I just love the way you put my character in, and this time you spelled her name right (Thanks for remembering!). :D Good second chapter, I can't wait till the third. <3

Toboe

Melody Malone
Chapter Three Chapter Three Chapter Three CHAPTER THREE!!!!!!!!!!.
Come on post chapter three!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom