• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Fierce Deity

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay many of us have played Majora's Mask and gotten the Fierce Deity Mask which let's you kill Majora with ease. In the japanese version it's called the Oni Mask which roughly translates into 'Devil God's Mask'. Now many of us (including myself) think the hylian 'devil' is Ganon. If this is true then did Ganon really make it (and if so was the fierce deity an early forsaken model for dark link?) or is there a deity even more evil than ganon which is the true hylian devil? The Fierce Deity also resembles adult link from oot (but with a few differences) so is it possible that Link has a dark side which is more evil than Ganon (my reason for that is that in termina almost all of the people of hyrule have a duplicate of themself in termina)? What do you think? Personally I like to think that Ganon made it but who knows. *shrugs*

*FACEPALM* Sorry this thread is supposed to read 'Who Made The Fierce Deity Mask and Who Is the Fierce Deity'.

Steve

5/19/13
Now many of us
Uhm, no, in fact you are the first person I have ever meet that has thought that. Second of all, that theory is completely fan fiction, you have no evidence to support your claims whatsoever. It is also impossible for Ganon to have made it, or even be associated, as the mask only exists in Termina. You're right about Fierce Deity's resemblance to Adult Link, which further leaves me wondering why you would think Ganondorf made it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Uhm, no, in fact you are the first person I have ever meet that has thought that. Second of all, that theory is completely fan fiction, you have no evidence to support your claims whatsoever. It is also impossible for Ganon to have made it, or even be associated, as the mask only exists in Termina. You're right about Fierce Deity's resemblance to Adult Link, which further leaves me wondering why you would think Ganondorf made it.

Sigh the reason I think Ganon made the FDM is because in the japanese version t's called the 'Devil God's Mask' and of course I believe that Ganon is the devil in hylian religion cuz of course he's known as the king of evil and they don't give that title to just anyone. Also it's completely possible that the 'gap between dimensions' that Ganondorf banished phantom ganon to is termina and that someone found the FDM and brought it to termina. This is the reason for theory uno. The reason for theory dos is the same as theory uno but with a different deity. The third theory is based on actual fact from termina about how many people in termina are parallell to the people of hyrule (romani=malon guru guru= guru guru etc etc etc). There you have it.

Steve

5/19/13
Sigh the reason I think Ganon made the FDM is because in the japanese version t's called the 'Devil God's Mask' and of course I believe that Ganon is the devil in hylian religion cuz of course he's known as the king of evil and they don't give that title to just anyone. Also it's completely possible that the 'gap between dimensions' that Ganondorf banished phantom ganon to is termina and that someone found the FDM and brought it to termina. This is the reason for theory uno. The reason for theory dos is the same as theory uno but with a different deity. The third theory is based on actual fact from termina about how many people in termina are parallell to the people of hyrule (romani=malon guru guru= guru guru etc etc etc). There you have it.

That's poor logic, trying to associate two unrelated things with a simple word. Banished Phantom Ganon? He was destroyed, and let it be known that Phantom Ganon is merely a "hologram" of Ganon. You're reasoning is poor and lacks any sense at all. It's completely fiction is backed up by little to no evidence. Also, parallel is regardless, was their a Hylian version of Kafei? No, or the mayor, and quite a few others, so that thought is also meaningless.

C

Cobalt

Also, as far as religion goes, there's nothing in any of the games that indicates Ganondorf is the "Hyrulian Devil". There's only one faith, that of the Creator Goddesses, and nothing has ever been indicated about some type of afterlife. There is no heaven or hell in Hyrule, so Ganondorf, while symbolically evil enough, is not The Devil. As for everything else, I agree with Steve.

I'm sorry man. The theory doesn't stand up.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
my belief is that since termina is a parallel dimension to hyrule the fierce diety and majora are the terminian version of adult link and ganon.

C

Cobalt

As Steve said, not everything has a parallel. Plus, Link is the Chosen Hero for both Hyrule AND Termina. He has no counterpart. Nothing represents him, and nothing represents Ganondorf. The masks are just powerful objects, and one of them got out of hand. I don't see the connection you've made.

I think its Majora's son :D fierce deity was his son and is now a mask... i think it said in a stratigy guide or i just made the theory up...

reply :D

C

Cobalt

I've never heard that before. Any chance you could tell me what strategy guide you think it was? Or did you just make it up?

Sounds made up. Sounds like something you could go off on a wild tangent on, though. But complete nonsense, none the less. I have to disagree unless you can find this strategy guide.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
What you don't seem o be getting is that Ganon/dorf (king of evil) is the most evil thing in the hylian religion thus must be the devil there (they don't give that title to just anyone) and yeah some of the terminans didn't have hylian counterparts and vice versa but there were quite a few that did (like romani and malon). Then theres the fact that Ganondorf didn't kill phantom ganon. He banished it to the gap between dimensions (he says so himself) and there is a possibility that this 'gap' could've been termina. Then the whole thing that ganondorf could've made the FDM as a prototype for dark link and thought it to be useless so he banished it to the same 'gap between dimensions' or that he simply threw it away, some random dude found it, and then went to termina. Also Link wasn't 'chosen' at all by any god/goddess to save termina. Where exactly did any of you get that? And if you want me to believe so then show me a quote. Then there's a chance that FDM might be links doppleganger (a copy of someone that is opposite of the original) of link in some way (FD resembles adult link) and that the same sort of thing might've happened to FD as Majora. You seem to not be getting my point (and I'm getting tired of repeating myself).

C

Cobalt

"King of Evil" does not mean "Devil". You can think that all you want man, but nowhere in the games do they describe Ganondorf as being the "Devil" of Hylian lore. As for Link being Termina's Hero, well, he saved it. That makes him a hero. The whole thing with banished Phantom Ganon is purely your own speculation, and while it's cool, it's not backed by any hardcore evidence from the games. That's why we disagree with you. You can look at it like this all you want, but your idea is pure speculation, not fact-based theory. And we did hear you both times. It's just that both times, we disagreed with you. Something like that is all fine and dandy for fan fiction, but you have no evidence from the games for anything you've put forward. You should look for your evidence before you ask for ours, which we have already given in every post.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
just because link saved termina and may be the hero doesn't mean he can't have alternate bieng in termina. link is pure of heart, fierce deity translates to devil's god. how can you NOT think that they are alternates?!

C

Cobalt

Because they're almost complete opposites, you even said it yourself. Link is the pure of heart, good intentioned, selfless Juror of Courage. Feirce Deity is just that, "Angry God", or "Devil God", however you want to translate it. The things that are paralleled kept the same character traits, while Link and Fierce Deity are two completely different entities.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
Because they're almost complete opposites, you even said it yourself. Link is the pure of heart, good intentioned, selfless Juror of Courage. Feirce Deity is just that, "Angry God", or "Devil God", however you want to translate it. The things that are paralleled kept the same character traits, while Link and Fierce Deity are two completely different entities.

they are not parallel they are ALTERNATE dimensions. that is why when you see a caracter they do NOT have the same traits. some do have the same traits, but not all of them do.

C

Cobalt

Alternate would mean a doppleganger of Hyrule. The game tells us this is not the case, but rather an entirely different world, parallel to Hyrule. Not an alternate reality. Of course some things are different. It's two different worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom