• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Enemy You Fear the Most Engaging in Combat

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If you ask me, Darknuts are pure evil.

Classic Legend of Zelda has rooms *full* of the things that you cannot get out of until you kill them all. Horrible! You've gotta kill, like... 20 of them, swords-out, only backs and bottoms vulnerable! The way I deal with them is with bombs, or, if I'm at full-health, sniping them from a doorway. However... you cannot always duck into a doorway.... And one hit from a blue darknut kills three of your hearts! Three! That's the health you started out with!

The ones in some of the other games, such as Twilight Princess, are worse. There's a reason why they hang out in the bottom levels of the Cave of Ordeals. I say" worse" tentatively. You cannot bomb them. It's sword or nothing and they're (artifically) *intelligent.* Our "little" Darknuts grew up. No more bopping around a room at random. Link is a target and he's gotta get around them when they're swinging swords at him the size and weight of his entire body! The only thing that makes them "not as bad" as the originals? They show up in fewer numbers.

Can you imagine a Cave of Ordeals level or a dungeon in TP with 20 darknuts showing up like in the first game? Can we say "unbeatable," children? Though, maybe some of you would like the challenge, especially since TP in particular is lacking in that department in general.

I also am filled with dread whenever I enter a room in any of the games that have floormasters, wallmasters and ceilingmasters. The celingmasters are the worst of all as one does not always see their shadows right before they come down, and even if you do, it doesn't mean you're going to dodge in time. They may not take off health, but *I worked hard to get to the inner levels of a dungeon, Dindammit!* And you've gotta start over again, braving whatever dangers you already braved to get to the room you're trying to figure out. Also, it's just... this horrible titan-hand coming down for you! Link is like a hamster dreading the Great Unexpected Hand of Elmyra!**

(If you don't know who that character is, look up "Tiny Toon Adventures" or "The character that ruined Pinky and the Brain." ).

Gibdos in the GBC/GBA games get my vote. They take a lot of hits to kill with the sword and they deal out a lot of damage, especially in The Minish Cap. They are easily my least favorite enemy to encounter when I'm low on hearts.

The Zant's Hands in Twilight Princess are downright terrifying. Luckily there are only two of them and its over with quickly.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Hands down Like Likes from the original LoZ. Everytime I walked into a room and see them I'm like "Well I'm screwed." Cause they always take my shield. And then I have to grind for rupees... which takes forever... then buy a new shield, go face them again, and have them probably eat me again...

None of the enemies really scare me in the sense that I'm afraid of them. I mean Dead Hand and Redeads are pretty freaky, but they don't like legitimately scare me. Well maybe Redeads in Twilight Princess... their scream is pretty freaky

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Wall/Floor masters, screw those things, i hate em. they are what i call ******* class enemies (made famous from the Megaman Series). I hate Like Likes cuz they take my shiz. and Darknuts from TP were terrifying. And Redeads. Those screams eww.

Boss wise, I used to make my buddy beat Bongo Bongo for me every time i played OoT until the last time i recently played OoT3D, im old enough now not to be scared by such things.

Blind in the original ALttP was pretty scary to me. Im sure i could think of more if i Wiki every enemy but i dont have the patients for that. so there you go!

Mido

Version 1
Hmm....I would have to give it to the Wizzrobes, primarily in Wind Waker.

The Wizzrobes are not necessarily scary or intimidating, but they are masters of the numbers game. If a room is filled with Wizzrobes, you know you're in trouble. I always find it hard to avoid a barrage of fireballs and incessantly annoying crowing noises. When I traversed through the Outset Underground in search of the Triumph Forks, I was bombarded by Wizzrobes, almost dying at every turn! Now, I like Wizzrobes, but they are some pesky birds!

Blue fokka from Zelda II. This one just has to be seen to be believed. You cannot--CANNOT--shake this thing off your ***. It will follow you offscreen, it will come after you while you're trying to escape through a brick wall. It will jump like a grasshopper all over the place and block just about everything except a jump-stab to the face. And it shoots lasers. Kill it dead from behind the bricks while you have the chance. It's your only advantage.

A lot of people hate ReDeads. ;) They were the very first thing I thought of, going specifically on my experience with the Arbiter's Grounds in Twilight Princess. Those things and the big stalfos who runs up really fast scared the you-know-what out of me. :P Also the flying lizalfos from the same game (whatever those things are called). They swoop. I can't clawshot fast enough. Haaaate.

Also wizzrobes, like likes and blue darknuts in the original Legend of Zelda are the bane of my existence.

Hmm....I would have to give it to the Wizzrobes, primarily in Wind Waker.

The Wizzrobes are not necessarily scary or intimidating, but they are masters of the numbers game. If a room is filled with Wizzrobes, you know you're in trouble. I always find it hard to avoid a barrage of fireballs and incessantly annoying crowing noises. When I traversed through the Outset Underground in search of the Triumph Forks, I was bombarded by Wizzrobes, almost dying at every turn! Now, I like Wizzrobes, but they are some pesky birds!

I forgot about the wizzrobes. the ones that move around and can catch you in the doorways are the worst

Skittles

Rainbows!
The Sirens (or whatever they're called) from Skyward Swords' Silent Realms. I hate stealth, and honestly, that is probably one of the most challenging parts of the game. It's also freaky. The music when they find you and the fact that you'll be running for the hills and praying that you get to that next tear alive. There's a reason that I've only beaten this game once (other than that it's super long) and it's because of those stupid things...

Then there's hand-enemies. Any hand enemy. Especially floormasters, those things dragging you into their shadows, they've made me scream before. Then there are the Redeads from WW, those things are terrifying. Especially the ones in that house. It's funny that WW has some of the most frightening enemies in the series, really...or at least the most frightening incarnations of those enemies...despite it being a "cutesy" game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom