• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Enemy Species You Would Most Like to See As a Race

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Some monsters in the Zelda games appear to have cultures and societies of their own, bokoblins and moblins are one example. In TP there were the bulbins, who rode boars and had a king who said he follows the strongest side. Dekus will attack you in both OoT and MC, but once you show them who's boss they become somewhat helpful. In MM they're a proper NPC race.

Are there any enemy species that you would like to see become a friendly race? If so, do you want them to be completely friendly like gorons in OoT/SS/etc, or like the zoras in ALttP/ALBW, where they will attack you but they're considered a race? Or do you want something in between like the gorons in TP, where they attack you until you've earned their trust?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm, so many good choices, I think I'll have to go with two as I literally can't decide between them.

Blin Race:

I call the guys "Blins" simply because the collection of enemies are all vastly alike in design and they serve similar purposes too. You have the likes of Moblins, Miniblins, Bokoblins, Bulblins, and all of which make up the vast majority of Link's main living obstacles that he has to overcome. I guess in Twilight Princess we saw some expansion what with King Bulblin at the forefront and him giving us an insight into the race's motives for their evil endeavours. I'd just really love to see them make the transition from typical Zelda enemy with an empty shell to a fully fleshed out race with intentions of their own rather than just being evil for game's sake.

Deku Babas:

So as you can tell be the sub title this is a bit of an, well, out there choice, but that's exactly the reason for why I chose this enemy. Deku Babas are, in my opinion, the most famous enemy within the 3D instalments. They're giant, ugly, carnivorous plants who dwell within the treacherous forests of Hyrule. Thing is they already have a giant mouth so why not make them obnoxious sassy plants who will eat anything and everything within sight. Think Little Shop of Horrors without the cheesy musical scenes.

Salem

SICK
There is already some enemies species that are "races". Moblins, Goriyas, and even Zoras for example.

I want octoroks to be race, they might be too similar to deku scrubs but I still want them.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Are bosses allowed as well? I'd love to see an entire race bases on Koume and Kotake, the bosses from the Spirit Temple in OoT. We hardly know anything about them except that they are servants of Ganondorf, have some flashy magic tricks and are the most hilarious bossfight ever. But what race are they? They don't appear to be Hylian or Gerudo. I'd love to see a kind of magic tribe where everyone practices magic like these two ladies. What do you guys think?

I always imagined that Poes would be acceptable as a race that Link could interact with. Although Link has already experienced many considerable interactions with seemingly dead, humanoid creatures like Poes, Stalchildren, Gibdos, and Garo. So this isn't really a great stretch, in my opinion. Due to similarity with Deku Scrubs, Octoroks would work as well I think.

The idea about Deku Babas remains the most interesting thing I've seen so far, though :) I imagine them being more enterprising than other races than those that currently exist.

Dragoncat

Are bosses allowed as well? I'd love to see an entire race bases on Koume and Kotake, the bosses from the Spirit Temple in OoT. We hardly know anything about them except that they are servants of Ganondorf, have some flashy magic tricks and are the most hilarious bossfight ever. But what race are they? They don't appear to be Hylian or Gerudo. I'd love to see a kind of magic tribe where everyone practices magic like these two ladies. What do you guys think?
I think they're gerudo witches.

What about the lizards? Lizalfos, Lizard Men, Winged Lizalfos? The ghosts in MC were interesting to interact with, it'd be interesting to watch them get together. Maybe a Boss Club for all the bosses that aren't Ganon?

Dragoncat

What about the lizards? Lizalfos, Lizard Men, Winged Lizalfos? The ghosts in MC were interesting to interact with, it'd be interesting to watch them get together. Maybe a Boss Club for all the bosses that aren't Ganon?
Yeah I was thinking lizalfos myself. And dat boss club idea...

Armogohma: We're all here for the same reason, we HATE the hylian called Link, the scourge of the monster world! He invaded the old ruins I call home, killed thousands of my babies, and made a statue whack me over the head!

King Dodongo: He threw BOMBS down my throat! Now I have terrible acid reflex disease! Eventually I'll have to get half my intestines surgically removed!

Moldarach: I was trying to nap, the desert sand was perfect...he came in and woke me up and proceeded to attack me. I ran into him later and he did it AGAIN!

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom