• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Difficulty Issue Sorted Out

solution: dont use l/z targetting :)

makes it much harder and thats what you want right? im gonna give this a try sometime

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
EDIT: Scratch what I said, this sounds an okay idea. I can see it getting pretty annoying in some places though... and you wouldn't be able to pull off some hidden skills, but it sounds a fun idea for some places, boss battles certainly :D

Last edited:
well it would help for that dragon boss wouldnt it? and zant

god just wish there was a difficulty setting, oh well, doesnt detract too much from how epic this game was

Austin

Austin
well it would help for that dragon boss wouldnt it?
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I mean, for everything else it'd be more annoying than rewarding, but I think it'd work with Argorok. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, however.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I mean, for everything else it'd be more annoying than rewarding, but I think it'd work with Argorok. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, however.

Fair enough, that does actually sound like it would be rather fun. And sorry about that, I misread which catagory this was in.... when I originally posted, I though you were talking about how to sort out difficultly in the next game, not in an existing one >.<
I'll go change that, because I do agree it sounds a pretty good idea xDDD

hopefully in zelda wii, when we want to shoot something with a bow and arrow, we target it to that it doesnt leave the screen then we point and shoot at it

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
In my experience, not using the targeting system hasn't made any impact on the games' difficulty. In fact, I prefer to go without the targeting system simply because is has a more real feel to it, if that makes sense. Difficulty-wise, though, I don't think it makes a difference.

A true solution to the difficulty issue would simply be implementing the option to choose the games difficulty as so many games do nowadays. Why Nintendo hasn't jumped on this bandwagon with more of their titles beats me. It works marvelously with Metroid... I can see why a Mario game might now need it, but games like Zelda could really do well with it.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I did this on wind waker my first try. Not to make it harder, I just didn't think Z-targeting was that important. I didn't understand how easy the game was with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom