• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Darkest Hour

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Ok so in MM when you have those 6 minutes left do you travel back in time? I for one like to walk around the town and see the guards standing faithfully and the councilmen ready for the carnival. And the bomber kids walking around town still having fun. I also see a girl waiting for her soon to be husband. And the postman also. Then you have the banker still doing buisness! What do you guys think about thi "Darkest Hour"?

R

Ragdoll

If the moon is really going to fall, everyone in Termina would die. It doesn't matter where you are. So why leaving town then?
It's just my 'logical', my 'theory'.. but you know that Majora's Mask is a game with a lot of surprises.

Well, I really only like the music for those six minutes. I like the things that go on a little before that. Like at Romani Ranch (note: this will only happen if you protect Romani from "Them"). If you go to Romani Ranch, talk to Romani and Cremia. Cremia lies, I guess that word works, to Romani by saying that she is old enough for Chateau Romani and is going to give her some. After that conversation you can talk to them again, either that, or you have to do it at night, but the conversation will change. Cremia will ask that Romani to sleep with her in her (her being Cremia's) bed (also note that I didn't do any of the Anju & Kafei quest before this).

During those six minutes, you can also go to the Swordsman Dojo, I can't remember its name, and you can still find the teacher there, except he's hiding due to his fear of the Moon that's about to crush Termina. You have to slash something with your sword to find him.

On a side note... I definitely thought you were MK9, JB

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The dark tension that preys down onto the saddened citizens of Termina really overwhelms one. It is here that you actually look at the moon and for once, it seems like time has slowed down on it's own. You see how everyone in town quietly awaits doom while every race outside of town does nothing, they don't even seem to care. They shall at least die in bliss, or they shall suffer because if they are too far, then they will have to face aftershocks of the crash. Inside town though, you see colors come to fruit. Brave men turned to cowards, fools choose to accept fate, and children do not even wink. It's all a kid's game to them; they do not know what death is.

This final hour defines the entirety of Termina. Everything you thought was fantasy about these folks has become reality. Then it is all gone... and another three days come anew. Tis a sad wheel that Termina rides, but a glimmer of hope remains in the shade of green.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Oh wow didnt know that Pocket Asian. Also I agree I hate the fleeing part. They should stay and celebrate! But just what I think. Greet the moon hapiliy!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Well, I really only like the music for those six minutes. I like the things that go on a little before that. Like at Romani Ranch (note: this will only happen if you protect Romani from "Them"). If you go to Romani Ranch, talk to Romani and Cremia. Cremia lies, I guess that word works, to Romani by saying that she is old enough for Chateau Romani and is going to give her some. After that conversation you can talk to them again, either that, or you have to do it at night, but the conversation will change. Cremia will ask that Romani to sleep with her in her (her being Cremia's) bed (also note that I didn't do any of the Anju & Kafei quest before this).

Yeah... I remember that. It really got to me because Zelda never really went that far into realistic emotions like that before. Heck, hardly any games around that time touched on such a subject. It was just so... drastic, desperate, sorrowful, fearful... Pretty much that part and the part where Kafei and Anju await death in each others arms really, reaaaally got to me.

D

DeadCat

I almost feel like a *** when doing the wedding quest, because you go there and right when they are finally together and ready to die as an happy couple, you just go " F*** you! I'm making the time go backward and all of this never happened and will never happened!" Because next time you won't bother to do this side quest again.

T

tanonkatt

I want Zelda Wii to have this kind of emotinal connection with its players.
I could not agree more, the mood Majoras Mask puts you in is something extraordinary! And to follow the thread, the darkest hour really scares the hell out of me. To be honest I've never let the moon fall down, and even if I might want it now, I'm still to afraid to make it happend. That's the most melancholy incident in any game I've ever played and probably it'll always be. The feelings you feel in MM, with all the tragic fates all over the game is, as I said, really something extraordenary.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
The darkest hour is so sad, I don't even like being in it, it's just so... saddening. I've never let the moon fall on me either, because I've never wanted to lose what I did in 3 days time, and was too lazy to just go to the last day and watch it, but I've seen it on YouTube. When I was done watching it I sat there and realized, "Wow, this game actually makes me care enough about these people to be legitimately sad for them when watching this happen." That's why MM is such a great game.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
The bombers are idiots.

Link: Quick, kids, the moon is falling! Please let me into the observatory so I can save the world!
Bombers: No! You have to play hide and seek with us first!

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I agree with (most) everything already said. I would also like to say that the music in the final six hours completely sets the mood. It truly sends chills down your spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom