• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dark Knight

Kybyrian

Great movie. I saw it a while ago, and I thought it was one of the best I've seen all year.

Chidori

Mongrel
Wow, this movie is EXTREMELY overrated and I mean extremely.

People are actually saying it's the best movie ever made, now I can respect someone's opinion if it's their favorite movie but people are calling it the most well-made and actual best movie ever made as if it's a fact.... Utter bullcrap, I don't know how the hell people can actually say that, because I don't even think it's in the top 100. Heath Ledger played as the Joker, in my opinion, he seriously over-did it, in conversations, he can't stop tilting his head and moving his lips all the time. I understand he's supposed to portray a psychotic killer but you know, I've seen a lot of 'psychotic' killer movies and I've seen some great stuff from it because they hardly over-act. If Heath Ledger was meant to portray a realistic killer then he doesn't have to twitch all the time in conversations.

But the movie... Oh god, no. The dialog was boring as crap, especially for a Batman movie, I expected more action and thrills, I saw them, but at the cost of Dinner Parties and *snooooore*. The action was pretty meh as well, I would have liked it if it was BATMAN driving the BatTank and MotorBike but Gordon driving it and portraying Batman just ruined it for me. And look here, the very grunty voice of Batman is back.

3/5

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Um, that was Batman (i.e. Bruce Wayne) driving in the chase. Whatever gave you the impression that he wasn't? Gordon was driving the paddy wagon in disguise.

And besides that you are wrong in so many other ways. I'm sure Fantastic Four is right up your alley.

Chidori

Mongrel
No, I wouldn't call it wrong, it's more of an opinion. And I haven't seen the movie in a couple of months but wasn't it Gordon driving it, then going on the Bat-Bike and eventually it does turn out to be Gordon? That's the way I recall it.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
No, Gordon was the driver of the police vehicle that was transporting Dent and being chased by The Joker.

If you can't figure out a little and quite obvious detail like that, the movie was probably too complicated for you. Or you are just disliking the movie to be contrary.

Chidori

Mongrel
Did you not read the part where I said I hadn't read it in a long while? Also how does Gordon get on the Bat-Bike anyway? That shouldn't be mysteriously hidden, it should be followed up on, otherwise I'd get confused. Either way, I'm still pointing out that I think Heath Ledger wasn't an outstanding performance, over-acting, he was.

Gordon was never on the bat-bike that I recall.

How many real serial killers have you met? I haven't met any myself so I don't know how they act, but I am sure they all act different. The Joker acted the way a lot of people thought he should act, completely psychotic with psychotic tendency's. He licked his lips a lot because if you didn't follow along with the movie, his mouth was cut into a smile. I am sure if that happened to some one for real they would probably have nervous tendency's to lick their lips and such. Batman is based from a comic book, it isn't meant to be a true to life movie.

Oh and Heath Ledger played the best joker that I have seen.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Did you not read the part where I said I hadn't read it in a long while? Also how does Gordon get on the Bat-Bike anyway? That shouldn't be mysteriously hidden, it should be followed up on, otherwise I'd get confused. Either way, I'm still pointing out that I think Heath Ledger wasn't an outstanding performance, over-acting, he was.

He was never on the Bat Pod. He was the driver of the van that was transporting Dent to prison. Can't you read?

And Heath's Joker was perfect. I don't know if you know this but The Joker is an over the top villain in the Batman world. If anything Heath's Joker was relatively subdued compared to other iterations of The Joker.

Batman has always been my favorite of all the superheroes, and these new Batman movies (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight,) are by far my favorite "superhero movies," and are actually up there in my favorite movies of all time.

I loved The Dark Knight. The The Joker is bloody frickin' awesome. I actually have a beanie cap (not sure if that's the right term, but whatever) with him on it. XD

This Joker was one of my favorite incarnations of him. I think it definitely beats the Jack Nicholson Joker, and is even on par with the Mark Hamil Joker of the animated series (Mark Hamil was always my favorite Joker before now, even though it was just his voice.) Now I think I like both Mark Hamil and Heath Ledger about equally as The Joker.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The fact that they are brave enough to point out the flaws in the very idea of having a Batman and question the morality of vigilantism makes this my favorite superhero movie, even above Batman Begins and Superman 1.

Man, I can't wait for Watchmen.

Stella3000

Starlight
^ ditto that.....ya know its weird how I'm agreeing with just about every post you make.....0.o (I'M NOT DOING IT ON PURPOSE, I SWEAR!)

Anyways, I just saw the movie recently. My super awesome big bro bought it for the fam as an early Christmas gift.

It is my fav super hero movie of all time. I love the Joker....the whole movie actually. It has some of THE BEST acting I have ever seen and GREAT action sequences. It had a raw power to it.....just amazing however you look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom