• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Creepiest Parts and Foes in Legend of Zelda

squadala

I don't like you either
I have gotten chills many times during my playthroughs of Majoras Mask. Redeads, Dead Hands, and stalfos are all terrifing. The shadow temple is moderatly scary, but the bottom of the Well, Forest Temple, and Fire Temple. The chanting from the fire temple keeps me awake at night. But majoras mask wins creepiest of all. Quotes such as, you've met a terrible fate, haven't you? and Your notes echoed far and wide, but nothing happened. Then theres the elegy of emtiness link and BEN didn't help anything.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
The ENTIRE area of the Under the Well part in Ocarina of Time.
I was so scared of it when I was little that when my brother's played it I would litterally CRY at the sight of that Dead Hand.
Now it doesn't scare me, but gosh, it's still really creepy.

Redeads are the creepiest enemies for me, especially in OoT/MM. ;___;

flaming pickle

SPUDOW!!!
Elegy of emptiness. HOLLY CRAP. I was like 11 when I watched that and I will never play MM ever again. I actually hate MM for multiple reasons. But anyone who wants to know about that can VM me. The story of BEN was the last straw, and I was traumatized. :( Tragic huh?

Re-dead's for sure in Majora's Mask/ Ocarina of Time. They're creepy, but when I was maybe 6 years old I got caught in the gaze of a re-dead/ Gibbdo, and I was so scared that my life was dropping down, I dropped the game controller and I left my room yelling saying, "I'm getting violated by a monster!" ... I still can't get over it.

M

MountainTroll

those black shadow things in the woodfall temple really freaked me out, but that might just be me.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Arbiters Grounds had to be the eeriest dungeon in TP. What did they say, it used to be some kind of prison? Oh, and how about when Blizzeta first turns around in the boss room of the Yetti Mansion? I was like, "Holy ****!"

blizzeta.jpg

Ahh, I still remember the nightmare filling shriek of ReDeads while playing OoT as a kid. Not to metion those bloody, multi-handed monsters in the Well and Shadow Temple...

20081216221938!Dead_Hand_attacking.jpg

G

Gaspra

What about under the grave where you get the Sun's Song? This was the first time I ever saw/heard ReDeads and got killed about 5 times as a result.
That was way scarier to me than the shadow temple with 10+ more hours of gameplay.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Wall masters and redead. Why? Because they have a forseen creepy battle cry. Redead moan whenever you're in the room with one of them so they freak me out before I even see them. And the fact that they are in a room make me immediately turn around and carefully think about what I will do. As for wallmasters...

*runs to corner to suck his thumb*

The first encounter with them was... memorable. I really do not like them. The chilling wind that happens just before it falls surprisingly from the cieling and pulls a screaming child up will make anybody cringe in fear. Zant's hands to me seemed like the TP version of wallmasters so I found them equally creepy. And yes, the music was bone chilling.

N

Navi The Fairy

DeadHandG_Large.png

tumblr_l95dfdkFiT1qc1h3x.jpg

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
The creepiest enemy is probabely in my opinion is the Dead Hands, because they have a disturbing smile, a decaying body, and it has decaying hands flying out of the ground and grabbing Link...that's just creepy. And as for creepy parts in a game I would say Ikana Valley in Majora's Mask.

the beginning of MM is CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I once looked at it up close, and it freaked me out! i was all "AHHHH!!!!!!" well, not really, but it was still creepy getting a huge mask shoved in your ace... i'm glad )and surprised) that i didn't have nightmares about it!

Jedizora

:right:
The redeads. Despite the cartonnish grapics, they were even creepeier in WW then in MM and OoT. Probley becasue of what happens when you fire a arrow at them and miss...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think the deadhands are indeed creepy but so are the OoT Wall and Floormasters. They don't creep me out to give me nightmares but they certainly look creepy. I can't really think of any other creepy enemy. Yes the midboss in Arbiter's Ground (TP) was scary too when it comes to looks but somehow he has become my fav midboss

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I still remember this scary moment...
Since Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game, I didn't know Wallmasters existed and, because of this, when I first entered the Forest Temple I saw a big shadow over me and some strange sounds of a monster-like thing and freaked out, especially when the Wallmaster quickly grabbed me and transported me to the beginning of the dungeon.

Link's Statue in Majora's Mask, Redeads (for a short period of time), Bottom of the Well and the Fire Temple's music also freaked me out... they just gave me the creeps.

C

CannibalPieChan

ReDead.jpg
I've always hated Redeads, no matte what game they were in, but I think I actually found them creepier when they danced.... Such cheesy dance moves.... *shudders*

Other than Redeads, I hate wall and floor masters, and Bongo Bongo, and the WW Poes, and the miniboss in the Arbiter's Grounds... And Dead hand. I dislike a lot of things, actually, but my love of the games overpowers that dislike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom