• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The City in the Sky

I’ve recently realized that I have never met anyone who’s had a positive opinion of the City in the Sky. It wasn’t my least favorite dungeon of Twilight Princess – that would have to be the Snowpeak Ruins – but I certainly didn’t like it either. So I have to wonder, is this just one of the few things that everyone’s unanimous on? Is there anyone who enjoyed this dungeon? I’m genuinely curious.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I enjoyed the concept of it immensely, i've always thought zelda needed a literal skydungeon and Argorok didn't really disappoint what wrecked it completely was the second clawshot you got from the place, it literally was a useless object outside of the dungeon much like the spinner.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I got lost like a billion times there, but I did enjoy the playthrough and the whole concept of the dungeon. Plus, I think Ooccoo is totes adorbz af.

Reactions: Pen
I enjoyed the concept of it immensely, i've always thought zelda needed a literal skydungeon and Argorok didn't really disappoint what wrecked it completely was the second clawshot you got from the place, it literally was a useless object outside of the dungeon much like the spinner.
Interesting. I was never a fan of Argorok because for me it felt too similar to the Morpheel fight.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Really? i never felt it was a rip off? but i guess when you compare them they are similar. Meh it was a dragon fight that we hadn't actually gotten in zelda, Volvagia was some weird worm thing which i wouldn't count as a dragon if threatened with death.

Really? i never felt it was a rip off? but i guess when you compare them they are similar. Meh it was a dragon fight that we hadn't actually gotten in zelda, Volvagia was some weird worm thing which i wouldn't count as a dragon if threatened with death.
Haha, don't they specifically refer to it (her?) as a dragon in OoT?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the concept of it all captivated me as a kid,as for the actual dungeon....eh,it was a'ight
i remember how disappointed i was to find out it was a dungeon and not an actual location
also i was completey fine with the music,which was opposed to..everyone else

the concept of it all captivated me as a kid,as for the actual dungeon....eh,it was a'ight
i remember how disappointed i was to find out it was a dungeon and not an actual location
also i was completey fine with the music,which was opposed to..everyone else
The concept of it is really cool, and it's a cool-looking place for sure. The gameplay aspect of it is sub-par in my opinion. I think I'd say the same of the Palace of Twilight. As for the music, I didn't think it was all that good, but there are definitely way worse dungeon themes.

It's not a very fun dungeon, but serves as a nice final test before the end stage of the game. Also the Ooocccooo (whatever the ****) are creepy as hell in all their forms.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I’ve recently realized that I have never met anyone who’s had a positive opinion of the City in the Sky. It wasn’t my least favorite dungeon of Twilight Princess – that would have to be the Snowpeak Ruins – but I certainly didn’t like it either. So I have to wonder, is this just one of the few things that everyone’s unanimous on? Is there anyone who enjoyed this dungeon? I’m genuinely curious.

City in the sky is my least favourite dungeon in TP. It is creepy and not in a good way, the music is creepy and the oocca even more so. I am sure they are the result of millennia of inbreeding and possibly interspecies love as well between humans and the loftwings.

Funny you should mention this Jeffers, I think there's a thread somewhere here about someone loving this dungeon. Or maybe it was just a response…

But yeah I hate this dungeon. Though I will say the music is well done, it fits the atmosphere of the place, but by and large the dungeon is monstrously tedious. Most of the puzzles don't take much thought, just waiting or trekking about. I think at one point, I was looking at a path and thought "wow, it almost looks like i'd need two clawshots to go there. But that can't be, that would just be the most stupid thing they could possibly do." You can imagine my face when I proved myself wrong. To top it all off, Argorok was one of the most pathetic, piss-easy, anti-climactic boss fights I'd seen in ages, even including most of the rest of TP's bosses. You don't even need to quickly aim the clawshot from pod to pod, you can just hold L targeting and automatically do it to get behind him easy-as-you-please. After the first time doing that I actively refused to use that method and resorted to manual aiming. Evil Eagle was a significantly more captivating fight… and that was Evil Eagle. Now I am aware this is mostly just my opinion, but for me City in the Sky was so worthless a dungeon that it's the number one reason I don't play through TP as much as I might otherwise.

Yes and they specifically refer to it as a him in Hyrule historia.
Really? I must have missed that. I've seen people referring to it as a female but I didn't think that was canon so I wasn't sure. Apparently it was not only non canon but also incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom