• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler That Sky Fish Thing?

Not sure if this has been speculated on yet . . . I haven't seen any discussion concerning this which I thought was a bit odd.
Watch the Japanese Skyward Sword Commercials, and preferably skip to around 1:15, and pause it.

That thing with the bushy eyebrows, um, what is that? We've seen this thing in a few other trailers . . . flying around in the sky during what seems to be a battle. But right here . . . it looks rather friendly. In fact, it seems to be Link standing on it's nose.
Theories as to what this could be? The Wind Fish? Lord Jabu Jabu? It's definitely whale like.
Do you think this is a new character, or one we've seen before? Who could this be? And more importantly, has this been discussed and I missed it? xD

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

No I don't think this has been discussed before, and I think its the wind fish, because lord jabu jabu can't fly (from what I know).

Not sure if this has been speculated on yet . . . I haven't seen any discussion concerning this which I thought was a bit odd.
Watch the Japanese Skyward Sword Commercials, and preferably skip to around 1:15, and pause it.

That thing with the bushy eyebrows, um, what is that? We've seen this thing in a few other trailers . . . flying around in the sky during what seems to be a battle. But right here . . . it looks rather friendly. In fact, it seems to be Link standing on it's nose.
Theories as to what this could be? The Wind Fish? Lord Jabu Jabu? It's definitely whale like.
Do you think this is a new character, or one we've seen before? Who could this be? And more importantly, has this been discussed and I missed it? xD

This whale has been infected by parasites. Since Nintendo has a history of making almighty whales in Zelda this is more than likely a new whale never before seen in franchise history.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
Might be Jabu Jabu/The Wind fish.
I think that the part where it looks evil is most likley because it has become possesed.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Info on it below.

Its name is Levias. According to the text dump we're told by some instructor to find him. After locating him we see that he's been infected by parasitic eye-stalks that need to be disposed of. Once he's restored we learn something about the Triforce, which could be important in stopping Demise (the last bit is my theory).

This has actually been a really largely discussed topic. For quite some time as well... It's not Jabu Jabu since it's been shown through time that he remains water bound. OoT to WW he doesn't change much in habitat so it wouldn't make sense for a giant flying whale to just transfer to water. As for it being the Wind Fish, it's also way too out of the way for it to be so. There's no connection between SS and LA and they wouldn't make an obscure connection like that for no reason. It has been confirmed to be an entirely new entity, and though I tried to refrain from looking at spoilers I stumbled upon it. It's not either fish but his own person with his own name. I won't reveal it to save you guys the discovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom