• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Terminia and TP Hyrule: Same Place, Different Time?

Anemos

Master of Chaos
It was suggested by a friend of mine that I make a thread that is really modifying to general ideas. Not that I don't usually do that, but this time I wanted an extra stretch.

Let me also make it clear I don't really believe any of this. I'm just making another stupid, pointless argument for the amusement of the community.

Terminia

TP Hyrule

Look at the two maps for a second...

Look at one of them as an inverted image (reflection over y-axis)

They do have many slight similarities, like the north western Peak Province and Snowpeak, the wooded areas in the south.

Unfortunately, there are a large amount of paradoxes that develop from this idea.

Feel free to destroy this idea. Rip it apart. I'll even help. I don't believe any of this is true, but I think being able to give some people have something to destroy is always helpful.

:P

I thought about this too, but if you remember, Zora's Domain(which is right next to Snowpeak) was also frozen and OoT's forest was also to the south.

Austin

Austin
Really, this whole thread is stupid and while you were just doing it for the heck of it, this kind of thread is what one would call spam and you can get into trouble for doing it repeatedly.

I think that's a little harsh. I mean, it's a fairly ridiculous idea presented with shoddy evidence, but I wouldn't call it "stupid".

No one here understands Anemos threads... I think it's an interesting idea geography-wise, amd furthers my opinion that TP is WW with a slightly altered graphics engine (the engine is very similar actually), which is the same betwen MM and WW, along w/ WW and OoT, and of course: LttP and OoT. Thank you for doing what I asked, but... Maybe try doing something as awesome as the Boomerang theory, again? It'll be tough, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Ikana

Trollkastel
Well we shouldn't call it stupid let people say what they want to but I highly doubt that TP Hyrule is Termina.I don't think Termina would rename their land to Hyrule even if they did why would they.They have no intrest or don't even know that the goddesses exist since they think the Giants made their world.Since Hyrule was never mentiond by the inhabitants of Termina they might not even know that hyrule even exist.The only thing that maybe that Ikana knew Hyrule was the triforce cameo on the pillars to Ikana Canyon in Termina field and in Stone Tower or maybe that was just a cameo and Ikana might not even know about the triforce its probably just a easter egg.But still Termina couldn't be TP Hyrule it doesn't make sense to me.

Um, no. There's no logical argument to support this, and plenty disproving it. Geography in Zelda games has proven to be complete incoherent, so it's not a valid factor in theorizing.

There are a few other ideas that kind of imply this theory, but they similarly lack solidity or logic. Besides, it's CALLED Hyrule, while Termina is not only known by another name, but it's also identified as an alternate dimension to Hyrule. Furthermore, the probable parallel of the Royal Family, Hyrule Castle, Hyrule's "kingdom", etc., is Ikana, not something else named Hyrule.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Um, no. There's no logical argument to support this, and plenty disproving it. Geography in Zelda games has proven to be complete incoherent, so it's not a valid factor in theorizing.

There are a few other ideas that kind of imply this theory, but they similarly lack solidity or logic. Besides, it's CALLED Hyrule, while Termina is not only known by another name, but it's also identified as an alternate dimension to Hyrule. Furthermore, the probable parallel of the Royal Family, Hyrule Castle, Hyrule's "kingdom", etc., is Ikana, not something else named Hyrule.

Possibility:

Hero of Time saves Terminia from ultimate destruction.

Nation grateful.

Change name in his honor.

But again, I don't believe any of this. As for what Master Kokiri 9 said, I don't think this is spam.

Did you read the part of "I'm just making another stupid, pointless argument for the amusement of the community"?

I do this for fun. Not for the idea of making a BIG DIFFERENCE. I managed to do that when I pointed out that the Triforce of Power doesn't actually make you invincible as it doesn't heal some physical wounds. That was enough.

Pointless theories generally amuse people if they are stated right.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Geography has no validity in anything. The layout of the world changes too darn much throughout the series for it to mean jack squat so that immediately invalidates the theory.

On top of that, there isn't any essence of Termina in that game at all. It's expicitly called Hyrule and I doubt that Termina would just decide all of a sudden to change the country's name to Hyrule.

Really, this whole thread is stupid and while you were just doing it for the heck of it, this kind of thread is what one would call spam and you can get into trouble for doing it repeatedly.

Also, sorry if I seem mean or something, but I'm just trying to get the truth across. Sadly, the truth hurts but it must be told. Just try to avoid doing that sort of thing in the future.

Why this rude reply??? This thread isn't stupid. And not even spam at all. It is just a theory and it is ALWAYS good to discuss all options.

Nope you can see differences. And like others already said Termina is an alternate dimension. And the whole Zelda world is so big and changes everytime so nobody can ever see both are the same.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Calling the idea stupid is a little too rude, in my opinion. :<

In any case, it's a neat idea but totally invalid. It's already canon that Termina is a parallel world as is stated in the manual. Had it been Hyrule in a different time, there would have been some material that provided this information. However, nothing in-game or in the manual even hints at Termina being Hyrule in a different time. Instead, it plainly states that Termina is simply another parallel world. Furthermore, the official Zelda website states that many worlds were accidently created when Hyrule was, only further strengthening that Termina is another (parallel) world.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I'm sorry. I remember the whole alternate dimension thing...but where did it say that, exactly?

When you became a Deku, or in the manual, or somewhere else?

I got the game without the manual, so I wouldn't know about what it says in there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom