• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Terminator

Kybyrian

I haven't seen that movie in Ages... it's been so long I can't remember the slightest detail about it.

But what I do remember was that it was a good movie.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
The first was a great sci-fi/horror type film. Arnie really worked well as the unstoppable killing machine........of doom.

The 2nd was a sci-fi epic and one of the best of all time.

The 3rd was trash and should be forgotten.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
The first was a great sci-fi/horror type film. Arnie really worked well as the unstoppable killing machine........of doom.

The 2nd was a sci-fi epic and one of the best of all time.

The 3rd was trash and should be forgotten.

I agree with you completely! They shouldn't have made the 3rd
one.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The first one was awesomeness... but the second one is one of the best movies of all time... too bad that the 3rd one sucked so much...
anyways, the female terminator was hawt

This thread is quite old, but needs an update I think...

I'll speak on these movies as a series, rather than just the first.

The original Terminator film was pretty kool, but it wasn't nearly as good as the second. There were a lot of weird things in the first that didn't make a lot of sense to me, like how Kyle Reese tells Sarah that he loves her and that he always had, when he had never met her before, and at that point had only known her like half a day. Seeing Arnold with no eyebrows for 80% of the film was pretty weird too. But, aside from that, it was a good movie.

T2 was epic in about every way. It had a gread storyline, great acting, and for its time was a major innovation point for visual effects. The nice thing was though, that even though the film had these outstanding visuals, they did not overpower the film at all. You stayed glued to the story so much that the visuals played second, if not third to the action.

T3 was pretty good in my opinion. I can see why a lot of people may think otherwise, but I mean its a Terminator flick, come on! The acting wasn't that great, especially from the guy who played John Connor. But I think Arnold looked spectacular seeing as how the movie was so far from its predecesor. I used to not understand the plot at all, but after watching the movies over and over, I finally got it. In the first flick, the war in the future was caused by the events which took place in T3. Those events were going to be different, and take place ten years sooner because of T1 though, since they found the Terminator parts in the factory, Miles Dyson now became the man who was responsible. But by doing what they did in T2, it prevented it from happening ten years sooner, but set things back on track for how they were originally supposed to go. So I think this movie had an excellent story, which made it worth watching.

Terminator Salvation was okay. It wasn't anything spectacular story wise, as most of it was filled with action and explosions. But there were a lot of things that didn't make sense, such as John Connor getting a heart transplant (which would have very slim chances of working in the real world). Seeing Arnold in CG was neat though, if it were only for a few minutes. I have heard that this movie is supposed to be the first of three, which would ultimately conclude the series altogether. If that's so, then I'm sure the next couple will improve on the lack of plot from this one, and will maybe make watching Salvation better once it has something to connect to better.

Steve

5/19/13
There were a lot of weird things in the first that didn't make a lot of sense to me, like how Kyle Reese tells Sarah that he loves her and that he always had, when he had never met her before, and at that point had only known her like half a day.

Apparently that is going to be explained in the upcoming film, something about him time traveling before, but to a later time.

As for Terminator Salvation, I wasn't expecting a huge story out of it. Not only was it nothing more than an introduction to the new trilogy, but also these new ones are nothing more than bridging the gap between the plot holes.

Apparently that is going to be explained in the upcoming film, something about him time traveling before, but to a later time.

But that wouldn't make sense. Kyle wasn't even born before the wars started, as he mentions in T1. He was born and grew up during the wars. And he also mentions that once you go through the time displacement field that you can't go back. So if he goes through time to a later time, it would have to be sometime between T2 and before T3, and not a later like in traveling through the future. Sarah Connor dies in the years between T2 and T3, which leaves virtually no time for Kyle to meet up with her again. We also know that didn't happen because John makes no reference of it in T3. Also, if Kyle even did do that, he would have to wait like 45 more years to be sent back to T1's time, which also didn't happen because he is not that old in T1.

The only way I think to logically explain it is he just never had a relationship with a woman, and that picture is all he's had to go on. He knew that he would sacrifice his life for the Resistance, and more importantly, to save Sarah Connor. So in some wild sort of way, he may have thought he loved her because he made peace with the fact that he was going to basically sacrifice his life to save her.

I know, big confusing bunch of stuff. But a few weeks ago I watched all of the movies like 5 times each. Just had one of those sudden moments where you want to watch a certain movie or play a certain game, and you end up playing the whole series.

As for Terminator Salvation, I wasn't expecting a huge story out of it. Not only was it nothing more than an introduction to the new trilogy, but also these new ones are nothing more than bridging the gap between the plot holes.

I didn't watch it as soon as it came out, but I read the reviews. They mentioned that it lacked story and how it was nothing but action, which is what I basically agreed with when I watched it myself. But it did have more story than the reviews and people were giving it credit for. See I didn't know at the time that it was the first in a new trilogy; I just thought that it was going to be the final Terminator film. So of course I was expecting a bigger scale war like the one shown in T1 and T2, Kyle Reese to be sent back in time, just all these things that are supposed to happen. But once I realised that it was the first in a new trilogy it made more sense to me.

No love for The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Until its cancellation, I thought it was a wonderful addition to the franchise, easily on par with T2 in terms of storytelling quality. Hopefully they find some way to continue its story, as the season two finale was left at a pretty ridiculous plot twist that deserves resolution.

No love for The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Until its cancellation, I thought it was a wonderful addition to the franchise, easily on par with T2 in terms of storytelling quality. Hopefully they find some way to continue its story, as the season two finale was left at a pretty ridiculous plot twist that deserves resolution.

Honestly I never gave that series a chance. I never watched a single episode because I thought it was just one of those cheap ways to make more money off of the series. I prefer movies over shows made based on movies usually. Did it even have any canon information in it? From what I read once, it messed with the storyline of the movies a lot, including like different time travel points that would mess up the events in part 1 and thereafter.

Dear lord... I expected you to make something like this, crazy fanatic..

Honestly, I hate this movie. Hate it with a passion. All of them.

I can't get the vibe! :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom