• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Termina=Twilight Realm?

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
okay there deff WAS other things in the twili realm did you not see those people type things that are beasts and when you get the chrystle ball thingy(idk what its called) then they turn into normal?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Here comes another argument...

Well, I believe that it is impossible for the moon to crush the city, killing link BTW, and only turn it into Twilight. That just makes no sense. In the game, it shows the moon killing link, I know because I have ran out of time before. it would make perfect sense. twilight is the light before the sun rises. if the sun rises, that means the moon is setting. if the moon never sets all the way (because it crashes) the sun never rises all the way, hence peremanent twilight, hence the twilight realm. and as the post above me states, when the twilight beasts are turned back to normal they are normal humans or whatever which is what i was trying to say before. they are obviously not gerudo, so who are they? (rhetorical question. dont answer)

And just because the masks look the same doesn't mean they have a "connection". Nintendo usually uses simaler designs for Zelda games.

But you never know, I am just saying I don't believe your theroy.

im pretty sure i said i dont exactly believe my theory either..just something to think about because termina is NEVER mentioned ever again.

and i never said that the moon would crash with link there. i specifically said AFTER link goes back to hyrule, what if something happened causing the moon to crash still causing the place to be in eternal twilight, hence the twilight realm. its just an idea.

K

kreebby

Absolutely not.
If anything, it's the Dark World from Link to the Past.
As in the dark world, your form changes.

Only this time it's either to a spirit or a hideous monster.
Also, the dark world was another version of Hyrule.
The golden land, they called it. It was corrupted.

Just as, over time, the Twilight Realm turned into a realm of despair.

T

timewarp

Absolutely not.
If anything, it's the Dark World from Link to the Past.
As in the dark world, your form changes.

Only this time it's either to a spirit or a hideous monster.
Also, the dark world was another version of Hyrule.
The golden land, they called it. It was corrupted.

Just as, over time, the Twilight Realm turned into a realm of despair.

Er, no, the Dark World in ALttP is the Sacred Realm, corrupted after Ganondorf touched the Triforce.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
No it's not because Termina is another dimension, while the TR is a realm. They have no connection at all, and the only thing that MM and the FS match up is their back stories, but it's not enough proof to have TR = Termina. Another thing is how come Termina is not covered in Twilight? Why isn't there a clock tower in the TR. Not enough info.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
Wow. I actually agree with Zemen. Incredible :lol:. Anyway, I think Zemen's theory sounds possible. For one thing, the Moon. That idea with the Moon crashing, and the impact altering Termina could've happened. Termina wasn't mentioned after MM, so you never know for sure. The only thing wrong with that, IMO, is that the Moon was being corrupted by Majora, correct? So that would mean after you kill Majora, the Moon would just be, well, a Moon. But it could happen if another evil came to Termina after Link left. As stated before, Termina had no other hero. So if a different evil came, or even if Majora came back, Termina would be defenseless. And if you're thinking "There's no way Majora could return! He's dead!", might I remind you of Ganon? He returned sevral times after death. Another thing, the Mask. This theory seems less likely, because the only real similarity is the eye. Other than that, they are completely different. So, all in all, I think this theory is possible, but I don't agree fully.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
No it's not because Termina is another dimension, while the TR is a realm. They have no connection at all, and the only thing that MM and the FS match up is their back stories, but it's not enough proof to have TR = Termina. Another thing is how come Termina is not covered in Twilight? Why isn't there a clock tower in the TR. Not enough info.

well according to Miyamoto, there is 100 years between TP and OoT, and MM is right after OoT so its not much shorter between MM and TP. there are A LOT of things that can happen in 100 years...you cant use the fact that there isnt a clock tower as a reason that its not termina. anything could have happened to that clock tower over the course of 100 years. here is an example, a bomb can destroy a building in a matter of minutes/hours. so why cant a clock tower disappear/collapse/be destroyed in 100 years?

also you cant use the argument that Termina is a dimension, not a realm because no one kows for sure what termina is. and i would LOVE for you to tell me the difference between a dimension and a realm, because IMO they are the same thing.

and if a dimension and realm ARE different, who is to say that termina isnt a realm? no one knows for sure. link uses a mirror to get to the twilight realm. he uses a hole to get to termina. both sound like portals to me.

well according to Miyamoto, there is 100 years between TP and OoT, and MM is right after OoT so its not much shorter between MM and TP. there are A LOT of things that can happen in 100 years...you cant use the fact that there isnt a clock tower as a reason that its not termina. anything could have happened to that clock tower over the course of 100 years. here is an example, a bomb can destroy a building in a matter of minutes/hours. so why cant a clock tower disappear/collapse/be destroyed in 100 years?

also you cant use the argument that Termina is a dimension, not a realm because no one kows for sure what termina is. and i would LOVE for you to tell me the difference between a dimension and a realm, because IMO they are the same thing.

and if a dimension and realm ARE different, who is to say that termina isnt a realm? no one knows for sure. link uses a mirror to get to the twilight realm. he uses a hole to get to termina. both sound like portals to me.

There are still too many holes in your theory though. The whole moon changing it into a Twilight Realm instead of destroying it is a bit weird, and I still don't get how that would affect the sun. If the moon was gone, it wouldn't change how Earth orbits around the sun, or stop it permanently or anything.
The Clock Tower doesn't really do anything to disprove the theory, no. I mean, there are some large towers in the Twilight Realm, and one of them could have been the Clock Tower once, if Zemen's theory is correct.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There are still too many holes in your theory though. The whole moon changing it into a Twilight Realm instead of destroying it is a bit weird, and I still don't get how that would affect the sun. If the moon was gone, it wouldn't change how Earth orbits around the sun, or stop it permanently or anything.
The Clock Tower doesn't really do anything to disprove the theory, no. I mean, there are some large towers in the Twilight Realm, and one of them could have been the Clock Tower once, if Zemen's theory is correct.

its a videogame...the moon had a freaking face. you cant use real world logic (the earth still orbiting despite the moon crashing) to disprove a videogame theory. if the moon is technically a living thing in termina, what if the sun is too? they have a job and that job is to rise and set on the proper time. the moon crashes while its setting so it never sets all the way. the sun sees this while its rising and says to himself "i cant rise if he doesnt set" and now there is twilight! :D

I think this is one of those theories where you can tell it's not true for lack of evidence for it. There are tons of theories like that, and they are all very unlikely, but can't be proven wrong. But where is the evidence supporting this? I don't know, I just think that it's a bit far fetched. But lol, the sun refusing to rise because it's buddy the moon is gone... :xd:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It is farfetched and a bit laughable... also, the Ternminians have nothing to do with the Twili, neither are there any plausible hints either in in-game dialogue or depictions that lead to that belief.... If Termina was really the twilight realm, i believe something in-game would hint for that, and don't just say: "Oh, the Fused Shadow and the Majora's Mask are similar in design"... The only similarities I see are in the design of the eye, and that could be just a coincidence...!
I think it is more plausible that the Garo are the Creators of the mask, than it Majora's Mask being a prototype of the Fused Shadow

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It is farfetched and a bit laughable... also, the Ternminians have nothing to do with the Twili, neither are there any plausible hints either in in-game dialogue or depictions that lead to that belief.... If Termina was really the twilight realm, i believe something in-game would hint for that, and don't just say: "Oh, the Fused Shadow and the Majora's Mask are similar in design"... The only similarities I see are in the design of the eye, and that could be just a coincidence...!
I think it is more plausible that the Garo are the Creators of the mask, than it Majora's Mask being a prototype of the Fused Shadow

everyone usually believes that the twili people are the Gerudo and the only in game evidence is Midna saying that a tribe of magic users were banished to the twilight realm, and she says this while in the gerudo desert. thats the only evidence towards that theory and the ONLY gerudos that ever used magic were koume, kotake and ganondorf. just because this was said in the gerudo desert doesnt mean it was the gerudo. the twili have absolutely no similarities in looks, personality or traditions as the Gerudo do. when the twili people are normal they look nothing like the Gerudo. another piece of evidence that people has is that Zant is wearing a symbol of the Gerudo and my logical reason for that is that its because he is a follower of Ganondorf who is a Gerudo, but there are no other Gerudo symbols anywhere else on any other twili person.

just because it seems unplausible doesnt mean its not true. there is just as much evidence to my theory as there is to everyone elses, and thats not much. i never said it was true i was just saying it as something fun to think about.

everyone usually believes that the twili people are the Gerudo and the only in game evidence is Midna saying that a tribe of magic users were banished to the twilight realm, and she says this while in the gerudo desert. thats the only evidence towards that theory and the ONLY gerudos that ever used magic were koume, kotake and ganondorf. just because this was said in the gerudo desert doesnt mean it was the gerudo. the twili have absolutely no similarities in looks, personality or traditions as the Gerudo do. when the twili people are normal they look nothing like the Gerudo. another piece of evidence that people has is that Zant is wearing a symbol of the Gerudo and my logical reason for that is that its because he is a follower of Ganondorf who is a Gerudo, but there are no other Gerudo symbols anywhere else on any other twili person.

just because it seems unplausible doesnt mean its not true. there is just as much evidence to my theory as there is to everyone elses, and thats not much. i never said it was true i was just saying it as something fun to think about.

Yes, you're right, it is fun to think about. But still, I think this theory has less evidence than that of the Gerudo being the Twili.
So basically the difference between the Gerudo = the Twili and this is that instead of the Gerudo taking part in some terrible crime and being banished to the already created twilight realm, the moon crashes in Termina and somehow makes the twilight, turning the Terminians into the Twili. But if that's the case, where are whatever the Zora would have turned into? And the Dekus, and the Gorons? They couldn't all have turned into the same thing.
If it was only the Gerudo that were sent there, they could easily become the Twili. And I'm pretty sure that Midna has red hair in her true form, which would be another similarity. Besides that, we don't KNOW that the Gerudo weren't usually magic users. Some of them could be. It might not onlt be specific people that can use magic, it might be a skill you can learn. And also, the Gerudo were in possession of the Ice Arrows, which required magic to use. So maybe we just never see any of them using magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom