• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
. How exactly would I have set him up with that role though, unless Deku was in in is?

The set-up would have been your counterclaim, which in most cases, makes the previous claim look much more dubious and thereby casting Storm in a negative light.

Also how did I manipulate him in the last game?

I must have not explained myself correctly. I'm conjecturing that you may be manipulating him right now. Last game isn't relevant in this case. I was referring to last game as a situation in which Storm's behavior was similar to this one.

The set-up would have been your counterclaim, which in most cases, makes the previous claim look much more dubious and thereby casting Storm in a negative light.

I must have not explained myself correctly. I'm conjecturing that you may be manipulating him right now. Last game isn't relevant in this case. I was referring to last game as a situation in which Storm's behavior was similar to this one.

So you're saying Malon is actually scum who decided to counter claim in order to get people suspicious of Storm? That'd be a very poor strategy, seeing as if we lynched Storm and he flipped the Red Medic, we'd immediately know Malon was lying.

You made me claim last game, Chocolate Town. I called you on your ****
Ah. Well, that less less manipulation and more so me just claiming random roles.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were saying I manipulated him last game "in a similar respect".

Mido

Version 1
So you're saying Malon is actually scum who decided to counter claim in order to get people suspicious of Storm? That'd be a very poor strategy, seeing as if we lynched Storm and he flipped the Red Medic, we'd immediately know Malon was lying.

And that is where my theory runs into some issues, as I won't deny that the strategy is instrinsically too risky as an early move. (Not that it is impossible, however, as similar strategies have made themselves apparent fromt time to time.) My idea is largely based also on my perception of Malon's playstyle, which seems to harbor a bit of a risk factor, at least from my perspective.

Dan

I think the plan seems effectve, but I would keep in mind the possibility that @Frozen Chosen proposed. This of course, all relies on the assumption that both Malon and Storm are indeed what they say they are.

Strangely enough, I'm actually considering the other possibiltiy in a greater light. While logically, it is less elaborate and a tad more realistic to assume what you just outlined, but given the circumstances, I'm willing to consider that Storm's been set up. By claiming, he has made himself an easy target, setting the dominoes up for an easy manipulation. From the vibe I've been getting from Malon's posts, he's been very fixated on Storm. It makes sense at face value, since a counterclaim has been issued; however, I find his attitude towards him to be slightly too aggressive. This sort of mentality I especially got from this post:

Especially given the fact that both seem to be the same color and the same role, I can only help but wonder if Malon is just using Storm's actions, which also occurred last game in a similar respect, as a manipulative tool? The other reason I've been pondering over this possibility lies in what I've seen from Johnny and ALIT's points, being that this scenario seems too convenient.

The main problem with my theory is that it is a riskier move, especially early on. There's a ton of outliers to consider, and I still think your view is probably the more likely conclusion, but in the meantime, I'll need to think this over.

It's a possibility but from previous game experience Storm and Malon aren't like that... yet anyway. I'm sure they will one day take advantage of their reputation and when they do there will be hell to pay wow wow wee wa!

Dan

Can someone give me a TL;DR of what's happening in the thread right now? I'll look at the thread in more detail later tonight, but there are five or so more pages since I lasted posted, and I'd like to hear a brief synopsis.

You are playing Mafia there is no TL;DR pal you should have your pipe and detective hat on get searching for scummy behaviour and clues within the lines. I'm soooo going to my library later which has a roaring fire just so I can give this game the atmosphere it deserves. :)

Hey @Malon, could you please change your goddamn avatar? I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for this mafia game, where it's incredibly distracting and confusing.

You are playing Mafia there is no TL;DR pal you should have your pipe and detective hat on get searching for scummy behaviour and clues within the lines. I'm soooo going to my library later which has a roaring fire just so I can give this game the atmosphere it deserves. :)

I thought you were Malon at first, and I got disturbing mental images of a 13 year old smoking a pipe.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@Storm

Please change your avatar. Having the same avatar as someone else creates a lot of unnecessarily and unfair confusion.

Also, for future reference, day 1 claiming, particularly important power roles, is considered in extremely bad taste and is bad for your own faction. In general, I've noticed a lot of posting by you in this thread that has been rather destructive to the game and I've been told by numerous users that they are upset by this. Please do not make posts with the sole purpose of muddying the game.

Thanks.

@Storm

Please change your avatar. Having the same avatar as someone else creates a lot of unnecessarily and unfair confusion.

Also, for future reference, day 1 claiming, particularly important power roles, is considered in extremely bad taste and is bad for your own faction. In general, I've noticed a lot of posting by you in this thread that has been rather destructive to the game and I've been told by numerous users that they are upset by this. Please do not make posts with the sole purpose of muddying the game.

Thanks.
I agree with all of those points, but I do have a question. What if he is mafia and was TRYING to cause chaos among the town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom