• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword's "Treasure-Seeking Ability"?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
This is from an Nintendo Power interview with Eiji Aonuma:

One thing also that I'd like to mention is that the sword itself has a treasure-seeking ability and so using the sword to seek out new treasures and hidden objects is something that we're going to do. I'd like people to look forward to imagining how we're going to use the sword to do that.

What does Aonuma mean?

...is it going to act like a metal detector of some sort? Like, if you wave it over something where there is a secret it will vibrate or glow or something...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
First thing that comes to mind is something like a Stone of Agony built into the sword, but instead of rumbling, we'll get some sort of sound from the Wiimote's mic like Zordiana (or whatever her name really is) is talking to us or something. Or maybe she can sense the presence of certain major secrets that are needed to progress in the game and you have to follow her directions/cryptic hints trying to navigate to hidden story elements or something. I don't know, I think the Stone of Agony type function is more likely.

I think that'd be awesome if they really did that, I miss the Stone of Agony.

Beeker

Wild Card
I just got that issue yesterday and read that. It makes me wonder how exactly a sword can seek out treasure. Seeing a Stone of Agony-esque thing again could be cool. The way I see it working, a sound could come out of the speaker(Like Xinn posted), or simply rumble (I believe the Wiimote is capable of that), like the Stone of Agony did.
It'd be neat altogether to have another treasure seeking item like that.

This sounds very cool!
maybe i'll be able to clear this game 100% without using a walkthrough :)

D

Deleted member 6224

well it can also be like the secret thing they did with the sword in links awakinig

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Sounds like a cool concept, but I would rather stumble upon treasure caves and whatnot on my own... That's one thing I loved about exploration in LoZ, there was never much guidance to it.. I like the idea better as just a dungeon feature. The Stone of Agony was optional to use, so I would hope this ability would be too, even if that is unlikely.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I think maybe it will be a sword which hasa beam of light which leads toward a treasure chest. It goes to the direction which the treasure is in. It might also be able to shoot a beam of light onto a wall which is a map showing the locations of the treasure chests.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Another thing to consider is that the sword is a person...it is the girl from the picture...so maybe that has something to do with it...maybe you can trans form the sword back into a the girl and she can seek things out for you or something...or maybe it speaks to you...

This is a very interesting fact, treasure seeking ability? He's clearly not trying to be clear with what he's saying, but this sounds cool. Perhaps there are treasures hidden from our eyes that we are to look for with the sword? Or perhaps a collectible that works in the fashion listed previous? I really have no idea what this could possibly mean but it sounds intriguing.

Kybyrian

I'd like it to be something like the stone of agony, but I can't help but thinking how it would be cool if it worked other ways, too. I love being able to stumble upon these things completely by accident, but this sounds like a really good idea. I wonder exactly how it will work...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think maybe a sort of Stone of Agony function would be best, except maybe have it react to both important things for plot progression and hidden optional goodies like Heart Pieces.

After all, you'd never know whether or not when you enter a cave, it's a dungeon or not, or whether or not that thing you just did would be required. It'd probably also be the best kind of way to incorperate a hint system: the casual players will get an idea of where they need to do stuff, and it's not too much of a dead give away for the hardcore players.

Another way to do it is to do the same thing I described in the above paragraph, but have the option of Zordiana talking to you to give more of a hint of what to do. The Casual Players could use that to their heart's content and the Hardcore Players could just ignore it and figure it out for themselves.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I would rather stumble upon the secrets like in the original Legend of Zelda. What I imagine what the swords will do is pretty much either light up, rumble, it speaks to you, or it transforms into it's humanoid form. I'm kinda disappointed that Nintendo isn't ditching the helper system for secrets we SHOULD figure out on our own. But of course, we don't know for sure what he means. No matter what, we will all be pleased by what he really means.

I also like your sig Hylian Pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom