• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Originals vs Clones (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I wouldn't think that inactive people would have such a high chance of being mafia, they'd probably know that they'd draw suspicion from not being around so I reckon lack of activity doesn't really point to being mafia. By my count though we are still waiting to hear from @A Link In Time @Heroine of Time @Viral Maze.

I don't have a huge amount of suspission as of yet, but since I think we should get some activity going and see attack percentages and such I'll Attack: Night Owl.

My main reasons for this are that I don't think that inactives are necessarily more likely to be mafia so I don't want to vote for them just yet, I've attacked Owl due to his attack on an inactive member which would counter this theory. While that isn't something huge to go off, Owl hasn't been attacked yet anyway so my attack alone won't be a huge deal.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
We certainly could spread out more damage, but if we use the tatic of putting damage on literally everyone, even potential Townies, that really just helps out the Mafia. At some point we need to get together a list of people whom we believe are townies and refrain from attacking them, of course don't make your list apparent, lol.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Hey guys sorry I'll post the info in a bit.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm back everyone, thanks for understanding my absence. I've read through everything and haven't much more suspicions than I did before. I want to say, whether SMS is evil or not, I have to agree with this.

We certainly could spread out more damage, but if we use the tatic of putting damage on literally everyone, even potential Townies, that really just helps out the Mafia. At some point we need to get together a list of people whom we believe are townies and refrain from attacking them, of course don't make your list apparent, lol.

Spreading the damage too much makes it easier for the mafia to pick off targets, and harder for the doctor to protect them. It's already been shown that the mafia don't necessarily kill at night, so I think it's a good idea to compile a list of who we think might be town and attack those who don't fall in that category, and focus on one person, similar to a full out lynch. This way we avoid giving the mafia too many different kill choices in the night, and if the doctor feels the person close to dying is worth saving, it'll be easier to focus their heals as well.

I wouldn't think that inactive people would have such a high chance of being mafia, they'd probably know that they'd draw suspicion from not being around so I reckon lack of activity doesn't really point to being mafia. By my count though we are still waiting to hear from @A Link In Time @Heroine of Time @Viral Maze.

I don't have a huge amount of suspission as of yet, but since I think we should get some activity going and see attack percentages and such I'll Attack: Night Owl.

My main reasons for this are that I don't think that inactives are necessarily more likely to be mafia so I don't want to vote for them just yet, I've attacked Owl due to his attack on an inactive member which would counter this theory. While that isn't something huge to go off, Owl hasn't been attacked yet anyway so my attack alone won't be a huge deal.

While I think this is partially true, I don't doubt that there is at least one mafia among the inactive, maybe more. In almost every game I've played, there has been an inactive mafia member. ALiT and Heroine are usually pretty inactive, lately anyway, but that's what makes them good at playing inactive mafia. I feel like they would try to speak up more if they were town. I haven't played much with Viral but the game I played with him he was quite active, so I think it's a little odd that he's not now.

It's not enough for me to attack yet, so I'll give everyone until nearer to the end of the day to respond before I make my decision.

David

But you called me here...
Wow. What a gut you have there SMS. I'm very impressed.

But why me? Gut is good only to a point. I haven't seen you have any suspicion on me earlier.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Wow. What a gut you have there SMS. I'm very impressed.

But why me? Gut is good only to a point. I haven't seen you have any suspicion on me earlier.
Well I don't really want to attack an inactive, I figured I'd attack someone who was already attacked. It was between you or Heroine for me... I would vote Heroine but I'd like to know why she's being inactive first... I'll give her atleast today to respond.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm beginning to think that SMS has a sensor-like role. He can attack some random target and possibly get some sort of information out of them...? Not one-hundred percent on that hunch, but it would explain his arbitrary playstyle.

I'm beginning to think that SMS has a sensor-like role. He can attack some random target and possibly get some sort of information out of them...? Not one-hundred percent on that hunch, but it would explain his arbitrary playstyle.

Interesting. Would this only be used at night or whenever he attacks?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Interesting. Would this only be used at night or whenever he attacks?
At Night, most likely. Could be an X-shot ability like a Desperado or Sensor, but by jumping around he could be trying to develop a sense of who to trust/distrust before making a final decision. Again, I don't have any obstinate proof other than intuition.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
What SMS is doing is very odd, and I can't help but think he is 3rd party. The attack on Frozen last night, his attacks with little reasoning, and outspoken attitude remind me of a game past where someone played an SK in a similar way. I think we lynched that person day 2 due to lack of mafia leads, but we had hit the SK so it was still a win for the town that day. However, I've never played with a sensor before, but think Samus (either suited or not) might make a decent character for the role? I'd like to think what people who are more into Smash than I am think about that answer. I know @Fig would be pretty good with coming up who could fit that play style.

As for who I'm most suspicious of, I have to say it's between ALiT, Heroine, and Viral. My gut feeling is mostly due to their in-activeness, and with ALiT and Heroine, my limited history of games against them when they were mostly inactive mafia. I'll wait to see if they have anything to say by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom