• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
I've been trying to think of a homing item in smash, but none come to mind. Are there any?

The Blue Shell and even Boss Galaga come to mind spontaneously as homing items, and does not Samus have a homing missile attack in the games? By all means, many of the Assist Trophies and Pokémon are, in a manner of speaking, homing too. Of course it is just a theory though. Your guess is as good as mine.

Actually, speaking of items that could have hit me as the Commuter, how about a Gooey Bomb? It could have been placed on me before I commuted away that night, and then gone off while I was away. That is just another theory though.

And Pendio you're in this discussion mainly because of the night scene. I actually was going to make a post about you, but I focused on Frozen instead. I'm not sure what lynch it was, but there was one were you were very passive and then just jumped on the bandwagon last minute to lynch scum.

Yes, we have discussed that already, and I have explained that it was my previously ridiculously low level of activity that made it look kind of scummy, and of course I do understand that. I made that post right after I had caught up on several pages of the game, and that just so happened to be at the end of the lynch.

I bring all this up because I find myself more skeptical of this claim.

Out of curiosity, what specifically about the claim is making you skeptical?

@Pendio is your role an x-shot or not?

My role is not X-Shot. My ability comes to use automatically every night. Something that did cross my mind though was that because of me having this "protection" every single night, then perhaps that is why it has downsides. Like, clearly I did take night damage on one of the nights, but I doubt a regular Commuter would never have been damaged like that. Maybe this little downside in my Commuter ability is there to balance the role out since it does after all commute every night automatically.

No, I said that something big would have to happen for me to not vote Chuchu next if Sadia flipped town.

You still did not answer JC's question here about how you could be so sure of Sadia being scum.

If there is only one remaining scum, I'd like to say, I talked to The Jam and he said that self-targeting is not allowed. With the thought that there's possibly only 1 scum left is just like to point that out. I feel there's more likely to be 2 myself, but it's all conjecture
@DekuNut with 19 players at the start, I would say it's safe to assume that only 1 remains (5 scum in a 19 player game seems incredibly high). I find myself wondering if 2 more anti-town are left, but then I forget that it's day 5 and town managed to kill 2 scum in a day, so it just feels as if there's more. I would say it'd be safe to assume there's just a godfather left at hand.

I agree on that 4 Mafiosi in a 19 player game seems the most credible, however (and I could be wrong in assuming this but) with the way this particular game works, with the defense parameters and attacking and all that, it does sort of seem to me like the setup favours the Town rather than the Mafia, in which case perhaps 5 Mafiosi would not be completely unbelievable. I mean, we were able to get down three Mafia members pretty much right off the bat this game. I don not know though. Four Mafia members seem more likely, but five would not at all surprise me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The Blue Shell and even Boss Galaga come to mind spontaneously as homing items, and does not Samus have a homing missile attack in the games? By all means, many of the Assist Trophies and Pokémon are, in a manner of speaking, homing too. Of course it is just a theory though. Your guess is as good as mine.

Actually, speaking of items that could have hit me as the Commuter, how about a Gooey Bomb? It could have been placed on me before I commuted away that night, and then gone off while I was away. That is just another theory though.

Yes, we have discussed that already, and I have explained that it was my previously ridiculously low level of activity that made it look kind of scummy, and of course I do understand that. I made that post right after I had caught up on several pages of the game, and that just so happened to be at the end of the lynch.

Out of curiosity, what specifically about the claim is making you skeptical?

My role is not X-Shot. My ability comes to use automatically every night. Something that did cross my mind though was that because of me having this "protection" every single night, then perhaps that is why it has downsides. Like, clearly I did take night damage on one of the nights, but I doubt a regular Commuter would never have been damaged like that. Maybe this little downside in my Commuter ability is there to balance the role out since it does after all commute every night automatically.

You still did not answer JC's question here about how you could be so sure of Sadia being scum.

I agree on that 4 Mafiosi in a 19 player game seems the most credible, however (and I could be wrong in assuming this but) with the way this particular game works, with the defense parameters and attacking and all that, it does sort of seem to me like the setup favours the Town rather than the Mafia, in which case perhaps 5 Mafiosi would not be completely unbelievable. I mean, we were able to get down three Mafia members pretty much right off the bat this game. I don not know though. Four Mafia members seem more likely, but five would not at all surprise me.
Well it is night time lol but due to.me being pretty busy and not posting (was working the last few days a lot) I'll extend the night until the end of today and get the damage and **** up soon

Pen

The game is on!
Well it is night time lol but due to.me being pretty busy and not posting (was working the last few days a lot) I'll extend the night until the end of today and get the damage and **** up soon

I just naturally assumed it was twilight since you had not yet announced that it was night time. I am sorry.

Jamie

Waiting for some final night actions my fends

Jamie

they've had ample time just let them lose their action
It was due to my own lack of updating, so I made an exception.

Just an added bit, the attack on Tristan yesterday did 16% damage.

Last night, lots of **** happened.
Firstly, Pendio took a little 26% damage! He's still standing!

Tristan on the other hand wasn't so lucky. With 72% damage, that ended his little life.

Frozen Chosen also wasn't lucky. 72% hit and an 85% hit. Not a very popular guy. He's dead now, though.

Justac00lguy was the least lucky. He took an attack that was impossible to prevent! ??% damage. Owch.

Tristan was Marth, a Vanilla Original
Frozen Chosen
was Mewtwo, the DLC Serial Killer
Justac00lguy
was Mega Man, the Original Jack of All Trades

Living Trophies:
1. @DekuNut
2. @Libk
3. @Pendio
4. @Heroine of Time
5. @The Hero of Legend
6. @RegalBryant
7. @Mido
8. @Shroom

In the trash:
1. kokirion - Greninja, an Original Mason - was bootyblasted night 1
2. A Link In Time - Dark Pit, the Clone's 1-shot role cop - was brutally murdered day 2
3. Sadia - Toon Link, a Clone Goon - was wambam thank you man'd day 3
4. Johnny Sooshi - Lucina, the Clone's Roleblocker - was utterly destroyed day 3
5. Eduarda - Cloud, the DLC Veteran - was #rekt night 3
6. Doc - Villager, the Original Day Vig (1-shot) - Was piled on day 4
7. LittleGumball - Bowser, the Original Bodyguard (2-shot) - was speedily skewered night 4
8. Toxic_Snowman - Captain Falcon, a Vanilla Original - was held down and mauled day 5
9. Tristan was Marth, a Vanilla Original - was uncreatively killed night 5
10. Frozen Chosen was Mewtwo, the DLC Serial Killer - ditto
11. Justac00lguy was Mega Man, the Original Jack of All Trades - died a c00l death night 5

Total Damage:
Pendio - 67%
Shroom - 54%
The Hero of Legend - 20%
RegalBryant - 14%
Heroine of Time - 7%

Jamie

o and 3 days and 7 hours guys gogogo

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
What on earth. The damage levels on these hits are insane. Only the hit on Pendio looked reasonable.

1. @DekuNut
2. @Libk
3. @Pendio
4. @Heroine of Time
5. @The Hero of Legend
6. @RegalBryant
7. @Mido
8. @Shroom

Since this is all that we have left. Thoughts on the course of the night/day? Thoughts on who looks suspicious? I'm sort of at a loss.

The only people I consider pretty safe are Libk, Regal, and Heroine of Time (due to absence. Unless this was all an elaborate scheme). I would really like to hear your thoughts on the game.

That leaves:
Shroom (myself)
Pendio
Hero of Legend
Mido
Dek:unu:t

Of these 5, who do you find the most suspicious and why?

Mido

Version 1
I'm not surprised that Frozen Chosen wasn't town, as I had a bad feeling about his protection statement. Tristan's revelation, while a tragedy indeed, definitely narrows down the suspects. As for night actions, I think it went down a little something like this, since we seem to have enjoyed discussing these matters in the last few days:

Mafia attacked JC
Tristan was targeted by Frozen Chosen(SK)
RegalBryant(Vig) and an unknown item use attacked Frozen Chosen. (I assume it could be a hammer, like LG referenced before)
Pendio's damage may have been another item.

Of course, this is all conjecture, and especially with the ?? Damage, my theory may not hold much ground.

@Shroom It seems as of this moment, Pendio may be the fellow I find to be the most suspect based on his role claim and earlier activity, although he did mention that his role may have operated independent from an X shot variable.

[QUOTE="Pendio, post: 1040823, member: 7995"
My role is not X-Shot. My ability comes to use automatically every night. Something that did cross my mind though was that because of me having this "protection" every single night, then perhaps that is why it has downsides. Like, clearly I did take night damage on one of the nights, but I doubt a regular Commuter would never have been damaged like that. Maybe this little downside in my Commuter ability is there to balance the role out since it does after all commute every night automatically. [/QUOTE]

I find myself mainly dubious towards the role's credibility, otherwise, I don't currently have much to note on him.

I have a gut feeling about Deku being potential scum based on his activity being pretty consistent, but I need to really take time to read him more closely since he's a tough nut to crack. Could be scum, but a much more null read.

You I have as a town read due to your pro activity the day before and Cthulhu's play. The others are more or less all town reads, of course including our confirmed townies. I would personally lump The Hero of Legend into the same category as Heroine of Time when it comes to active killing patterns.

I definitely plan to be more active this game day, so I will be back with more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom