• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Really, I don't see how Originals would have slipped so easily.

I'm not sure how night action PMs work with the conversation system but I think everyone submits their night action within the same Role PM conversation, right? At least that's what I do. If so, ALIT would have seen the green letters again when submitting his night action, in case he did forget.

If he's Mafia he wouldn't need to look at his role PM again. All night actions would be done through the QT. And if he was VT, he should be able to tell us the exact wording of the green words if @Jamie allows

Even without that, ALIT noticed the wording "Original Mason". I understand being taken aback from the wording at first but having time to think about it enough to bring it up, yet still not connect the two? I've never seen "Original" any-role before in an Mafia game here. That would cause people to wonder what on Earth that means. So coming to the conclusion that it means normal Mason but not connecting the town name. I don't find that too likely.

I would attack him but in case most people belive his reason, I'd suggest keeping this incident in mind through out the game.

Keep in mind that both the Originals and the Clones are aware of the existence of the Originals because it states their existence in various parts of the role PM. For an original, it would state that the person is an Original ____, while for a Clone their WinCon would either be to eliminate all of the Originals or be in the majority over the Originals.

Frozen Chosen said:
Hmmm... I think going with slip ups and mistakes is the right way to go. I mean sure, people are bound to make mistakes. ALIT may have just made a mistake, but we probably can't let it slide unless a bigger lead is given. Inactive lynches could work but maybe we should just attack and not kill, similar to a pressure vote.

I'm not a fan of no lynches unless we are reaching lylo. But that's my opinion.

I think attacking ALIT is for the best.

Attack: A Link In Time

I can respect that reasoning. My play in 2016 admittedly hasn't been optimal. Quite a few people thought I was scum in Love Letter Mafia when I switched my vote to Doc at the last second. Anyhow, I'm still not the biggest fan of policy lynching inactives, but after seeing what happened with Doc in Love Letter, I have my doubts about keeping that position.

Viral Maze said:
@A Link In Time Who is the scummiest player to you so far?

There hasn't been much on Day 2 aside from the suspicions on me, so most of my feelings stem from Day 1. Johnny Sooshi stood out to me then as well as Frozen Chosen, but I'm more paranoid about the way they've been playing the game than genuinely suspicious. I don't like how Johnny was hedging his bets and FroCho quickly reversed his position on the attacking issue.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
EBWODP

Honestly, I'm having a lot of cognitive dissonance about Frozen Chosen. It certainly doesn't help that I've been suspicious of him the last few games I've played. I like that he was willing to start discussion on Day 1 and present some unique viewpoints, but he's been more of a follower on Day 2. Like I said before, I like that FroCho, Doc, and kokirion presented their own viewpoints for how to attack, but Doc has seemed more consistent in his stance than Frozen Chosen.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
tfw jamie constantly ****posts in his own game smh

Well, someone needs to fill in for Storm.
You scared, scum? :bubsy:

na doode you can't be afraid in mafia. Only scum is scared ya dig? have confidence bud

If you were to attack anyone though, who do you think it would be?
@Toxic_Snowman

I was going to say go after the less active ones, as is my strategy usually, but then I realized the hypocrisy in that, because I'm one of the less active ones. So, maybe Eduarda? I don't know, she seemed very adamant on questioning ALiT today, and Heroine of Time yesterday. I don't know if she's being Mafia aggressive, Town aggressive, or just over-eager. Whichever it is, it isn't a huge suspicion, but if anyone, it would probably be her, or someone particularly inactive.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If I had to pick now, I would choose to attack ALiT. Sure, this could be similar to TF2 mafia, but it was still a scummy slip-up.

Hmmm... I think going with slip ups and mistakes is the right way to go. I mean sure, people are bound to make mistakes. ALIT may have just made a mistake, but we probably can't let it slide unless a bigger lead is given. Inactive lynches could work but maybe we should just attack and not kill, similar to a pressure vote.

Are you that certain that ALiT is scum to attack him(her? I don't know yall's damn genders:anger3d:) so soon? There is a lot of time left in the day.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I was going to say go after the less active ones, as is my strategy usually, but then I realized the hypocrisy in that, because I'm one of the less active ones. So, maybe Eduarda? I don't know, she seemed very adamant on questioning ALiT today, and Heroine of Time yesterday. I don't know if she's being Mafia aggressive, Town aggressive, or just over-eager. Whichever it is, it isn't a huge suspicion, but if anyone, it would probably be her, or someone particularly inactive.
...no?

don't do that?

don't lynch LITERALLY OUR MOST PROACTIVE PERSON IN THE ENTIRE GAME AND IS LITERALLY CARRYING THE GAME BY HERSELF???????

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Alright so here goes. ISO time.

DekuNut
I agree with the group who say give everyone a little damage. That's not a good plan unless we want to let the vig own this game for us.
Also, due to the setup type, I'll ask the doctor, whoever it is, to be more careful than usual. We don't need you to target whoever will get targeted tonight, but who you think is town and needs to reduce their damage. Killing roles have reduced power this game and protecting roles have more. Just wanted to say that.
Moving on, I still think we need a concrete way to show suspicion without attacking people. Because of that, what say we FoS people instead, and save our attacks for the last 24 hours or so, so we can give the people we FoS time to defend themselves before they attack. Thoughts?
*disagree, not agree

Deku agreed here with those who said they'd rather not spread out there votes. His reasoning for why is good too. Relying on the vig isn't always the best option early in the game when it's difficult to ID confirmed scum. Additionally his pointer towards the doctor is smart too. Confirmed town and those who lean town are the priority to protect in this game due to the nature.

His FoS idea was something I didn't understand right off the bat, but looking back makes more sense. Saving attacks for the last 36-24 hours seems like a smart idea, especially when we can use an FoS to create a list of people to attack in that time period.

@DekuNut do you think it's probable that the Mafia might attack their own if they know that person will survive, so the survivor can gain town credit?
@Eduarda I think it's possible, yes. We shouldn't make decisions of towniness based on who is hit at night. May I ask why you asked me in particular? I know people have mentioned towniness-from-nightkills before, but I don't believe I have.

This is also something to keep in mind. All bets are off in this game and scum could be more likely to vote for their own. Something to keep in mind.

Tristan
Hi guys.

I remember following this game during its first run, and being sad that I couldn't play because of the unique mechanics. So I'm super happy that it's back and I can actually play this time!

I took another quick read through the original thread just now, and I noticed the mafia seemed to have a really high attack power at night. Might it be the same case this time? If so, I wonder if it would be beneficial to, for this day only, refrain from attacking people unless your attack parameter is really low and you're actually suspicious of the person (eg. No RVS attacking). I understand the benefits from attacking people, and I think from Day 2 on we shouldn't be so conservative, but I personally think it might be best if we don't give the mafia a good opportunity to get a kill in. Keep the damages low for the first day. We'll still get information from the night because no doubt somebody will be attacked, then we'll have stuff to go on during day 2.

That said, if someone makes a genuine slip up during this day and it's pretty clear that they're anti-town, I may change my opinion.

Tristan establishes his position with this post. Just his basic plan on how to approach the game, nothing really stands out. The conservative approach is what prevailed mostly Day 1 so I'm expecting Tristan to come in and be more aggressive with his posts for this day.

I may be wrong here, but taking things from the previous attempt at this game would count as outside evidence to me, which is generally against the rules. Jamie may allow it, but he hasn't said anything, so for now, I think we should consider only evidence from this game. Jamie said it wasn't the exact same as the previous game anyway.
That would ruin the balance of the game and give the town too much information, and would therefore be unfair to the mafia. It seems somewhat strange that you'd even suggest this.

I saw some people saying the mafia may attack themselves at night for some town cred, but is that even possible? Most mods forbid the mafia from NKing each other, so I assume Jamie would do the same thing here. I could be wrong of course, and it's possible that they can, but I find it unlikely. So I standby what I said before, and what others have said, in that we should be conservative with our attacks for day 1 so that the mafia can't kill, or shouldn't be able to kill, anybody during the first night. We'll be able to see who they attacked, and what kind of damage they did, so it will be helpful to us in the long run.

I'm not sold on Heroine btw. @Eduarda it seems your main basis of suspicion on her is inconsistency with the way she played in the previous version of the game, but like I said before, that's outside evidence and doesn't really count does it, because that was a different game. I could have misinterpreted your posts though, so could you confirm this? I haven't personally seen anything overly scummy from her posts.
The outside of the thread was a big debate from yesterday. Personally I think it was more aggressive than some of us were expecting, but it was Eduarda :bubsy: (I'll touch more on that when I get to her).

The rest of the post wasn't much but his defense of Heroine is worth noting if either one flips town or scum later on. I think overall his defense of Heroine makes sense.

kokirion
Let's all RVS-attack ALIT

lel

I dislike that approach. I'm not gonna join in a forced everyone attacks someone this day to give every player some basic damage.

From all we know, (and I read the last game) some nightkills might not give enough damage to kill everyone. If we now give everyone damage, we make everyone weaker. And why would we? It's still early, so if we think someone is scummy we can still easily kill that person the same day. And hell, I don't want any damage just because you want to be able to more easily kill me later. As a rational but distrusting individual, I highly oppose that.

I suggest everyone just does whatever they want (as in, don't spread it out too much, just honestly attack someone today if you feel he/she is the most suspicious, but don't feel forced to attack either). Additionally, I do think we should kill at least one person per day. That way we do gain some valuable leads

kokirion sticks to the position he generally holds throughout every game. He's a fairly aggressive player.

For now I actually see Heroine as townish. The reason for that was because she so openly said that she wasn't mafia for once when she confirmed this game.
Is it a bluff or the truth? I found that often, when people actually are mafia they don't say such things. No one really believes it anyway and so you think it might be too risky. In truth, usually people only say such things when it's the truth, they are not that afraid to say it if that's the case namely.

In no way does that clear her name, but for the early days I find that a more convincing lead than that she may have quickly jumped on someone else's theory. That could be a scumtell, but the first question is whether that actually occured and wasn't a misinterpretation of the posts and the second is whether that is really always scummy. I've seen plenty of townies doing that as well.

Heroine could be scum, but I don't think she is the best lynch target for day 1.

His position with Heroine is worth noting just for the fact that most people were taking positions on it yesterday. I will agree that mafia don't tend to double bluff with comments like this.

Libk
Not a fan of it either myself. I think on night one it will actually be to our benefit If everyone goes into it at 0%. We can see who was targeted on night one and go from there.

I do think we should still try to KO someone though. As together we can put massive damage on one person, get them KO then go into the next day with info from KO and from night actions.
@Libk if everyone goes into the night with 0% damage, how likely do you think it is that Mafia would not attack someone that night, to not risk a survivor
I don't think it's that likely honestly. It harms mafia more than helps them to keep damage off of people. We can basically remove their night kill by going into nights with 0%, and together deciding who to attack during the day.

Libk wanted everyone to enter night 1 with 0%. This position wasn't supported too much, save for slightly from Tristan. However I do understand the merits of why he supported it.

The big thing about this is his next post below.

I think people should take damage, just for a KO. NOt to make us all weaker

This change in position is worth pointing out too. It's not drastic, but it is a step away from his opinion of everyone entering night one with 0%. But it was later in the day so that could have contributed to it. Still, it's important to keep this in mind because it's a flip flop, and a fairly noticeable one. Maybe not drastic, but a change in position none the less.

Pendio
@DekuNut do you think it's probable that the Mafia might attack their own if they know that person will survive, so the survivor can gain town credit?
This actually crossed my mind before too, so I feel like even if one of us gets attacked tonight, it will be impossible to fully confirm them as Town (especially this early on when there is not as much at stake for the Mafia). Besides, depending on how the night scenes are portrayed by our game mod we may or may not know whether someone was attacked by the Mafia or by the Vig or SK or some other killing role. What I mean to say is that throughout this whole game there is sadly the risk of us never being able to fully confirm someone who survives a night attack.

Pendio helps establish a point here that I mentioned earlier in my post: it'll be a lot more difficult to 100% confirm anyone as town. We know mafia can (technically speaking) go after their own at certain points and just because someone took damage during a day, they aren't necessarily going to die that day.

But how likely is it that they will attack their own people every single night? How likely is it that they will attack their own people in the first place?
Of course they will not attack their own every single night, however I could see it as a possibility that they could attack their own on just the very first night in hopes of giving this player Town credibility and hoping for the Town Doctor to heal this player on the following night.

My point, however, was that (depending on how Jamie writes the night scenes) we might not ever be able to fully confirm a Townie from the night attacks alone.

This reinforces the previous point.

JC-Hurin
Yes exactly, we don't want to get too trigger happy otherwise everyone will be weak as **** and be picked apart.

Wait if Mafia had higher damage outputs, then wouldn't we be able to tell when Jamie gives the mod/end-of-day updates?

JC's posts are relatively sparse. His first one simply is him agreeing with the position that says they don't want to spread out attacks.

His second is a decent question though I don't think it really added too much to the situation overall. Yes the mafia might be able to give themselves away with their attack power, but this isn't a reliable way to find them.

A Link In Time
Rereading the original game thread made me feel really bad for barely posting....

From my understanding, attacking every player is a double-edged sword. The mafia can more easily kill someone if they have more damage on them, but it also narrows down the people who can be healed during the night, making a more effective heal more likely.

I think attacking everyone so early will be dangerous for the late game because everyone will have damage on them, making them more easily killed by the mafia.

ALIT's point on attacking everyone makes sense and fits with everyone who doesn't want to spread out the attacks.

I've gone through the thread again and done my best to organize where people first stood on the attacking issue this game. If I have you in the wrong category, feel free to correct me.

Spreading out damage amongst all players: Frozen Chosen, Eduarda, Sadia

Attacking a small group of people: kokirion, A Link In Time, Toxic_Snowman, Tristan, DekuNut, JC-Hurin, The Hero of Legend

Nobody takes damage: Doc, Libk, Cthulhu

I'm going to go through the thread again to get some specific reads on people, but I wanted to take a step back and look at a general overview of the game for now.

Okay, so Frozen Chosen was the first one to ask peoples’ opinions about how to plan attack strategies during the game. It’s not necessarily alignment indicative, but it’s an important post because it’s generated the most discussion of all the posts in the game thus far. At the end of the post, Frozen Chosen voices his support for wanting every player to damage a different player.

Kokirion is the first person to not want damage on every single player. He says that he’s uncomfortable with everyone going into the night weaker because it makes a mafia kill that much easier on everyone. While this is his own personal position on the issue, he thinks that everyone should do whatever they want to do.

#17 makes me uncomfortable. I don’t like how Johnny is hedging his bets instead of firmly committing to a position on the issue. It’s the way start of the game, so it seems strange to see someone playing it so safe early on.

Moving on, DekuNut’s the one to suggesting using FoS’s to keep track of suspicions during the day without actually attacking someone.

Doc’s the third and last one to suggest a different approach to attacking, and that’s having everyone enter the night with 0%.

I’m not ruling out the possibility of them being scum just yet, but I feel pretty good about Frozen Chosen, Kokirion, and Doc for generating so much discussion and bringing their own viewpoints to the table, which is something scum may be afraid to do, especially if someone disagrees with them.

I like Eduarda’s post #34 a lot. She’s prodding people to actually think about the game and welcoming constructive criticism of her ideas. Eduarda is also adamant about people not stating their defense parameter, which could be used by the mafia to see who is most vulnerable.

There’s a bit of discussion about damage outputs after this. Regal was the first one to bring it up, but several more people elaborate on the topic. The Hero of Legend thinks mafia have higher damage outputs than town, while Pendio and Doc disagree. Heroine later joins in to stay the mafia may have lower damage outputs and LG echoes Pendio and Doc’s thoughts that the mafia have varied damage just like town.

At this point, Frozen Chosen reverses his position on attacking, and says he’s in favor of attacking a few people during Day 1. I still feel good about his start to the game, but I can’t help but feel paranoid from his change of heart. I’m suspicious of him in the other game that’s going on right now as well, so it might be something about his playstyle that doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t want to tunnel him so early, but I’m wary of him at the back of my mind.

The next big thing is the back and forth between Heroine and Eduarda. It turns out Eduarda got Heroine confused with Moonstone in the previous game, but she still doesn’t like how Heroine has been using a “follow the leader” reasoning. I don’t have a strong opinion on this right now, but I’m not the biggest fan of using peoples’ reasoning from seven to eight months ago. Their idea on how to best play the game may have changed in those many months. After several posts, Eduarda makes a move and attacks Heroine. The whole exchange makes me feel a little worse about Eduarda, but I don’t think mafia would be the first ones to bring attention to themselves by attacking.

Koki says that Heroine seems townish in #75. I don’t like the evidence he uses, but it’s important to note he doesn’t clear her just yet; he merely thinks she’s not the best target for Day 1.

Stuff that's in line with ALIT's current meta. While not necessarily a town identifying trait, his current meta has been more town alligned and ISO's aren't something I'm used to a scum ALIT doing. The information is clear and succinct and I think it helps move the discussion along well in the thread. I'm not 100% on him by any means. But it puts him more in town favor in my eyes.

LittleGumball
Eduarda's suggestion is basically communism - great on paper, terrible in practice (and also everyone is equal i didn't even realize it at first lmao). It's a great idea in a perfect world, but mafia is never perfect unless you're playing THEBESTMAFIA™.

The no voting system actually does bring up a huge conundrum of how to act on the first day. I think someone said this earlier but I can't remember, but I think we should wait about 24 hours before thinking about actually attacking anyone.

I wish I knew what the lowest damage percentage was. It may be worth it to have only the weakest attackers attack today, if that makes sense. That way the mafia has a lower chance of actually KOing anyone. (idk like, if someone gets ~40% damage on them and the mafia does 60% then they're going to die tonight right??? but someone with only 5% damage only goes to 65% and doesn't die. seems like an easier way to figure out who's been attacked by the mafia and is therefore probably town.)

LG establishes that she'd rather not spread the votes out and making he position clear.

But how likely is it that they will attack their own people every single night? How likely is it that they will attack their own people in the first place?

Here's a random idea that I just thought of - would mafia have a doctor in this setup or is that too OP?

I think bringing up the the idea of the mafia doc is smart. It's definitely a very possible role, and considering the type of game, I'd figure it probably is possible.

I'm getting these vibes that everyone has different ideas on how the mafia attacks at night. Would they attack separately or all as a team? I was under the impression that they had one factional attack but now that I think about it I'm not sure.

I know I'm late to the party but I agree on the damage output thing - mafia will have varied damage just like town. I don't know which clones are in this game (i don't even know which ones are really clones???) but you have characters like Dark Pit and Ganondorf. P sure they're regarded as clones but the point is: a Ganondorf attack is going to be way stronger than a Dark Pit attack, just like a Donkey Kong attack is going to be way stronger than a Pikachu attack. Therefore you cannot find the mafia just by their damage output.

(sorry if something I say doesn't make sense friends, I just started an overnight job and it's killing me umu)

LG, can you possibly share your opinions on how you think the mafia attack? You posed the possibilities, but I don't recall you sharing your opinions on the mafia night actions.

Eduarda
I think we should spread it out amongst all the players and not a group. Mafia doesn't have 100% hit power. This target may live, as shown in the first game. Having a player with too much attack on them would make them most likey be a Mafia kill.

To me Eduarda's actions are interesting, and a little inconsistent. Maybe it's just me, but I see them as suspicious to degree. She starts here by wanting to spread votes out among the players. She suggests this first too, the first opinion of this kind and I believe the first to suggest a town attack pattern in general.

We are allowed to state our attack and defense parameters so we can all claim our attacks if town thinks it's a good idea. It may help us plan our attacks as a group.

But no one should state their defence parameter. It's a Mafia gold mine. If anyone has less defense that 100% they would be a great Mafia kill. Even if you say you have 100% defense it makes the pool of people with lower defense smaller.

This post is somewhat a good idea. Defense should not be shared because it can give mafia an advantage in that they can know who to target to get an easier kill. At the same time, attack can also be bad to share because it can help scum aim certain people or offer certain suggestions. So I'm iffy on sharing attack.

Do you think we should knock someone out as a group or play it safe and wait for tomorrow

Now this is where I'm really wondering about Sadia. She targeted Heroine specifically for something that was ultimately a joke post. I can understand the reason why she targeted her and also why she wanted to see the info from the other thread, but it seemed a bit much for such a post. Then she asks whether the town should target a specific person or play it safe. These are both departures from her original stance.

Finally what does get me even more is that she's targeting ALIT now when she attacked Heroine yesterday. In most cases, it would seem likely that she'd continue to pressure the player she was pressuring the day before.

Heroine of Time
In my opinion spreading out damage would be a viable strategy for the first day. After all, we'll eventually want kills to get some information anyway; even mafia kills can give us some leads at the beginning of the game. However, since there are so many people against it, perhaps it'd be a better idea to -- as others have already suggested -- pick one target and take them down, in a similar manner to RVS bandwagoning someone. Votes themselves hold no weight, but if we all attack someone and get a kill from it then we'll at least have something to look at in the next day. Either that, or "no lynch", which I'm also okay with, for day one at least.

We've all seen the back and forth between Sadia and Heroine. I'm not gonna clog up this post with more stuff from that because it's all over, but I will say I tend to think that Heroine is town. However it's important to point out with this that she was more in favor os spread out attacks or no attacks first day. Something to keep in mind. Overally, really can't get a read cause other than her defense, I didn't read much substance from her.

Toxic_Snowman
Personally, I'm against everybody attacking a different person. Like you all have said, it could make it easier for Mafia to get a kill. RVS attacking someone might help, but I don't know if we should risk it just yet. Either way, I'm not gonna attack quite yet, until we develop a concrete plan. I honestly don't want to be the one to attack first and end up starting a group attack on someone we don't know the role of.

This is the only post I could find from Toxic for day one. So yeah, null read really. I can't get an opinion off of this.

The Hero of Legend
I'm not really a fan of the whole "everybody takes damage" idea, specifically just because of the different variables like damage output and defense that could totally put Mafia at an advantage.
I'm just going out on a limb on this assumption, but my guess is the Mafia will most likely have much higher damage outputs than normal members. Therefore, I assume that if they were to gang up one person, they'd easily be able to take them out in 1-2 turns, not even taking into account the people they might be tricking.

Hero's established opinions are a little late to the game, but present all the same.

Overall, I can't get much of a read off of these two posts from the first day either.

Frozen Chosen
Okay, so spreading out our attacks seems to be the best way to go about day one. So should we each pick a different person and attack? Or spread it out among only certain number of people. The problem with that is scum could be hiding in the groups of players we don't attack. I think having every player attack a different player may be for the best. Thoughts?
Honestly, I have no idea what to do. I don't want to make things easier for a scum NK, but at the same time, I don't want to be close to the end of the game and find that scum as basically no damage.

I think attacking a few people would be fine for the first day. However, I don't know who would be a good target.

FroCho's flip flop seems a little awkward, especially when you look at the time between the posts. Right of the bat he posts that he'd be fine with spreading stuff out (I was mistaken in saying Eduarda was the first to suggest this opinion). However, by the end of the day, he's not sure what to do. He didn't decide to run along with his reasoning and throw out an attack on somebody to spread out the attacks. It just feels a little out of place to me.

RegalBryant
yeah im not a big fan of the 'everyone gets hurt' method, especially considering that we have(I assume) different health and damage outputs

One post...

Honestly this is scummy to me. Sure, Regal hasn't played in a while, but I can't help but feel that it's just scummy to me. Idk, jut my opinion off of it. I can't say "well this is towny to me" cause it's not. Null at the very most.

Viral Maze
Not even bothering here. He posted nothing day 1. Moving on. Waiting to see what substance he'll add today.

Cthulhu
Jesus is this what happens after only a few hours :P literally went from maybe 3 - 4 messages to 2 pages. Christ i need to up me game. Anywho we can't really attack anyone on day one can we. Where's the point? also as Jamie noted if we all attack one another one of us could die but it doesn't end the day does it.

It's pointless to assume is what i meant instead of that meadering trail of stupid i posted ^ up there
@The Hero of Legend makes a good point there. Also do we know for certain if there is a SK role?

I'm not able to even defend this. It's more or less **** posting tbh. It follows the crowd and offers nothing to the game. Worst part is that I can't tell if Cthulhu is town or scum because of these types of posts.

Doc
I'd rather nobody takes damage today than everyone take damage. All it does is weaken town to NKs, meanwhile giving us very little information. Nobody is pressured, no bandwagons can be formed. It is too neat and doesn't allow slip ups.
I honestly don't have a suggestion for today. But setting up a system where everyone gets hurt, increasing the chances that a town gets killed tonight, meanwhile giving town no information whatsoever, doesn't seem like the right direction to take. I am not suggesting that we never weaken anyone, or am I saying we shouldn't do that today. But establishing a neat system where we all attack one another is not at all beneficial to the town.

Tbh, I'm kind of okay with it. Sure, it does seem a bit scummy, but Doc doesn't suggest concentrating votes. Rather, he says no votes and let's set up a way to attack. A system. It's believable to me.

Sadia
So I guess this means that it's pretty risky to leave anybody at 0% damage as we get further into the game, unless they're confirmed townie (which nobody is at this point). This goes along with what's been suggested so far, that everyone attacks a different player. Having everybody attack one person to the point of them surpassing their defense, idk if that would be productive at this point.

To heal one of their own? Probably not a complete role, but it's a possibility one of them have that as an x-shot ability

Sadia's posts have been a little lacking to the way I remember her in past games, but she still does share good content and had some good points to say in her input into the Heroine-Eduarda convo from yesterday.

He established point was to spread damage out as well, which of course helped the conversations go smoother for the day.

Her input about the mafia doc is a good point too. Eduarda agrees with her response to LG about it and I think it does make sense overall.

Okay, so now that all of that is done, I'll hop back through this day in my next post and pick out some things that have been posted. Haven't really had much of a chance to look things over, so I'll approach them as I get to them.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
You are? I'm not. Any particular reason?

Play style. She really likes to help out as much as possible when townie, and her grasping at straws yesterday was indicative of that to me. I just don't see scum taking such a gamble Day 1.

Just wanting to keep track, so far the players that have called Eduarda out are: Cthulhu, Regal, Doc, Gummy, and Toxic.

if you are gonna roleclaim this early when NO SUSPISCION has fallen on you kinda says to my mind you are hiding something. Then again likely wrong. Who knows.

I don't think Libk's hiding anything. :P Pretty sure he actually is, or should I say was, Koko's mason. Like, 99% sure haha.

GRAND DAD?

yeah im not a big fan of the 'everyone gets hurt' method, especially considering that we have(I assume) different health and damage outputs

I'm not really a fan of the whole "everybody takes damage" idea, specifically just because of the different variables like damage output and defense that could totally put Mafia at an advantage.

You know, when I saw this yesterday, I immediately thought the two of these players were connected somehow, except I didn't rule out the fact that they could be masons. Now that it's clear who the masons are, naturally I'm going to be suspicious. Also considering the fact that both of them didn't want the "everyone takes damage" thing, a stance I still kinda find scummy. However, if Regal and HoL are friends outside of this game, then I'd be way less suspicious lol.

There's also the fact that Deku said this on the topic, which I thought was worth noting:

As for Bryant, unless I'm wrong, isn't he a new player? If so, I suggest giving him a little time to find his bearings. Parroting is something that'll happen with almost all new players.

HoL was actually the one parroting, but did Deku say Bryant because he just mixed them up or was his subconscious telling him to defend his scumbud? XD

I know what RVS is, I was just saying it might help, but I didn't want to be the one who starts it, unless that person was the most suspicious, or worthy of attacking. I didn't want to be the one next in the interrogation chair if something goes wrong. I see how the wording might be confusing, though.

Hmmm..... I don't like this. No idea what you're so nervous for?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
just want to poinmt out in my first post about people entering with no damage, I also said we should KO

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Tbh, I'm kind of okay with it. Sure, it does seem a bit scummy, but Doc doesn't suggest concentrating votes. Rather, he says no votes and let's set up a way to attack. A system. It's believable to me.
I can't tell if I'm misreading this or what, but I didn't say I wanted a system; I said the opposite. I'd also like to clarify that I was not against attacking yesterday, I just believed attacks should be based off of suspicion, not because we all need damage so were easier to kill later on.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
What bugs me is day two and people are roleclaiming that really seems fishy to me, granted we've had a death of a trophydude and it's gonna send everyone buzzing like wasps hunting a spider but still i think if you are gonna roleclaim this early when NO SUSPISCION has fallen on you kinda says to my mind you are hiding something. Then again likely wrong. Who knows.

Meh, it makes sense. Masons are a role that's town but has the ability to communicate outside of the thread. If his partner dies, he is better of claiming since it would do scum no favors if they take claimed it and got called on it. Libk is looking town to me from this.

I haven't Mafia'd in a while so I've been kinda doubtful of my instincts, but the person I find most suspicious atm is Eduarda. By no means do I think she's definitely scum, but simply that she's the most probable, in my eyes. It seems like she's leading most of the conversations right now and pointing a lot of fingers, which could definitely just be the sign of a dutiful townsperson, sure, but it's also a very, very powerful position for a mafia member and I can't shake the feeling that we're being herded, essentially. A wolf in sheepdogs clothing.

Can you extrapolate why? I'm understanding but I feel like you need a little more to back up your reasoning.

wow look at all these people just apologizing for not posting and still not actually making posts =^)
(i know, i'm also guilty of this earlier :) )

git gud m8

Guys, if the day were to end tonight, would you rather us knockout ALIT or an inactive as a policy knockout? Or no one at all?
Tbh it would be you based on my reasoning in my mega post. It's weird that you'd leave Heroine alone after being all over her the previous day.

For Day two, do you think spreading out damage is better, or focusing on one person? Which do you think would help the town more?

I'd rather focus on one person at this point. I don't think spreading out our attacks will accomplish anything more than Heaven's Gate Suicide: Mafia Edition™. One death at a time is better than like 2 or 3 deaths a few days from now. Ya know.

But this game doesn't work like that. You can't recall an attack. You have to be confident in your suspicions to attack. Are you certain ALIT is scum?

I know what RVS is, I was just saying it might help, but I didn't want to be the one who starts it, unless that person was the most suspicious, or worthy of attacking. I didn't want to be the one next in the interrogation chair if something goes wrong. I see how the wording might be confusing, though.
You scared, scum? :bubsy:

na doode you can't be afraid in mafia. Only scum is scared ya dig? have confidence bud

If you were to attack anyone though, who do you think it would be?
@Toxic_Snowman

You can't fault a player for wanting to be cautious imo

Exact same reasoning that I came up with in my ISO post.

...no?

don't do that?

don't lynch LITERALLY OUR MOST PROACTIVE PERSON IN THE ENTIRE GAME AND IS LITERALLY CARRYING THE GAME BY HERSELF???????

Why not? If she's scummy he's got a right to attack her? I'm edging my way there myself. If she's scum and leading the convo, you really want her to still be alive?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
...no?

don't do that?

I never said I was going to. I just don't really have anyone who I'm really suspicious of, and she's the only one I'm mildly suspicious of. Mild suspicion isn't enough to make me attack her. She probably isn't scum, to be honest, just some of what she did rubbed me the wrong way. Players who pick a new target everyday, and interrogate them for the majority of that day, always make me a bit suspicious. But like you said, she's carrying the game for the most part, so I've had more of a chance to analyze her actions compared to others, and therefore have more suspicion. I'm sure if there were others at her level of activity, I'd have more suspects, even if just to a mild degree. I don't normally have many suspects until Day 3 or 4.

Hmmm..... I don't like this. No idea what you're so nervous for?

I'm not nervous, just wanting to not be at fault for if things go wrong. So, I'm not going to be rash or hasty with my attacks, so I don't accidentally start something that ends up with the Town at a disadvantage. I always am slow to initially starting voting people up, or in this case attacking them. I'm not meaning to sound panicked, because like you said, there's no reason to be nervous.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I can't tell if I'm misreading this or what, but I didn't say I wanted a system; I said the opposite. I'd also like to clarify that I was not against attacking yesterday, I just believed attacks should be based off of suspicion, not because we all need damage so were easier to kill later on.

Well in a way it is a system but that probably my misinterpretation of it. Also, I see your point about your opinions on attacking. Again, it was my impression. Thank you for clarifying :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Guys, if the day were to end tonight, would you rather us knockout ALIT or an inactive as a policy knockout? Or no one at all?
For me, I'd say knock out ALIT. He actually has conversation on him and his lynch would tell us more than that of an inactive.

How do you know this? Was it stated somewhere that I missed?
It's just from me looking at the game. Doctors can undo votes. Killing roles aren't promised a kill. To me, the balance of power has shifted.

Any thoughts on the lack of FoSes or even much scumhunting?
I'm unsurprised on the lack of FoSs. It's an idea that was barely used yesterday and had a little friction against it. It was an idea, but not one that got off the ground.
As for the scumhunting, I feel like it is happening, but not a lot of it. I also think that, with a lot of conversation being focused on the current main issues (ie ALIT and inactives), people are forgetting to look elsewhere. I don't think these large topics are bad - far from it - but that tends to be what people focus on.

...no?

don't do that?

Yes, don't lynch an active person people find somewhat scummy. Great plan
I think that the game could survive without her, and it's this line of thought that could possibly let her live to the end if she's scum. I myself am going to ISO her eventually - tomorrow maybe - since I've been flipping back and forth on her.

HoL was actually the one parroting, but did Deku say Bryant because he just mixed them up or was his subconscious telling him to defend his scumbud? XD
You got me, officer :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Eduarda are you still suspicious of Heroine of Time? You haven't really said anything on her since day 2 started, despite using the only attack of day 1 on her.

Also @Heroine of Time, do you still exist? :P

Regarding whether I'd rather lynch Alit or an inactive, I'd personally go more towards Alit (saying inactives would be hypocritical because I've been somewhat inactive myself lmao). That being said, I know Eduarda was the one that asked this, but tbh, I'd rather go after her. Alit's little slipup was weird, and I'm not letting it go rn, but I can see where the suspicion on Eduarda comes from. Her playstyle isn't alignment indicative to me because she's always been a bit of a town leader, at least from what I've seen, regardless of alignment (although this is based only on the two games I've played with her/seen her play (SS/Avengers)). So she could go either way, but I'd rather attack her than anybody else at this point, if only for information. I'm also going to ISO her sometime after work tomorrow and see if there are any connections between her and other players.

I also have my eye on Frozen Chosen right now, though I can't really explain why. I happened to see something he said/did that caught my eye while I was skimming earlier, but I was at work and couldn't take note of it, so I'm also going to ISO him tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom