• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Size Me

octorok74

TETTAC
I had to watch it for Health. I love the part where he has pictures of famous people and he has the kids try to identify them. How can you think George W. Bush is Jesus.:xd:

Claire

The Geekette
I loved that documentary. I basically refuse to eat at McDonald's, because it scares me so much. Not only that, but the 4 year old burger videos give me the shakes too. It makes you wonder what they are putting into their food to cause him to go through such withdraw, and for the burgers not decomposing like normal food does.

If I am not mistaken, didn't his liver almost fail by the end? I know within 30 days, it because incredibly serious.

I hate Super Size Me.
All the guy did was eat the same thing for 30 days.That proves nothing.
Everyone already knows if you keep eating the same thing you will get sick.
Very overrated movie.

Indeed one would become sick from eating the same thing for 30 days. But the movie proves a basic fact, that McDonald's food is exceptionally unhealthy.

If I ate non-preserved, non-hydrogenated food of almost any kind, without mono-sodium gluconate. for 30 days, I'm sure I wouldn't end up near death with a risk of liver failure. It also shows that McDonald's has become somewhat of a pop-icon, almost replacing everything other than itself. Now, almost no other fast food is mentioned, and McDonald's has done almost everything to keep customers.

They've put sucrose and hydrogenated fat on salads, the list goes on. Supersize Me was just, in my opinion, a grotesque representation of what the long term effect can be.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
An idiotic "documentary" for people who are shocked that eating fast food 3 times a day for 30 days is bad for you and are the same people who think Jared got thin eating only Subway sandwiches.

I just go "Duh".

I hate Super Size Me.
All the guy did was eat the same thing for 30 days.That proves nothing.
Everyone already knows if you keep eating the same thing you will get sick.
Very overrated movie.
He didn't just get sick, he was having serious health problems. And there are things you can eat without getting sick (although eating only one thing will certain give you nutritional issues.) Fruit and veggies come to mind.

I really liked the movie. My parents have always very rarely let me eat McDonald's food, and now I know why. I generally stay the hell away from them these days.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Awesome movie. That was a very dangorous thing to do though. At least he had doctors supervising him and stuff.

All the guy did was eat junk for 30 days.
That's dumb if you asked me.
Also the guy would probably have got the same results if he had tried Bunger King.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
An idiotic "documentary" for people who are shocked that eating fast food 3 times a day for 30 days is bad for you and are the same people who think Jared got thin eating only Subway sandwiches.

I just go "Duh".

I agree with you. Somehow it is stupid. How could anyone believe it would not be bad for you? So what is the meaning of it. But I must also say that at the same time I kind of enjoyed it (and a little bit surprised I was that things can go downhill so fast). I believe my post was a bit contradictory but I hope not to extremly.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
And he got sick on his first day. The guy is either a major wuss bag of massive proportions (probably his wife's vegetarian influence) or he forced himself to be sick.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
I had to watch this movie in health class. I undserstand what this guy was going for, but now I just think, please, no more. The movie was a bit discusting, and it was sad when the kid didn't know who Jesus was but knew who Ronald McDonald, the clown from hell, was. ugh. It makes me want to freakin' cry.

I think this "movie" was just stating the obvious. Of course you're going to wreck your body if you eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. I found this to be a pretty pointless video, and I learned nothing from it.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
And he got sick on his first day. The guy is either a major wuss bag of massive proportions (probably his wife's vegetarian influence) or he forced himself to be sick.

I really wouldn't doubt it was from the diet change. I'm no vegetarian (quite the opposite actually) and even though I know I shouldn't sometimes I do get the craving for a Micky D's Burger... My stomach tells me off afterward. -.-

Then from there, it's just like anything bad for you and addicting: You become immune to it, getting sick from it less, etc.

I actually had to watch this movie in my Food Science Class during my Senior Year of High School. It was interesting... to say the very least. :P I have quite the phobia of vomiting, so sitting in front of everyone trying to cover my ears and close my eyes was difficult to pull off.

Once we got past that hurdle it was actually very interesting, if not disturbing, to watch. D= I remember somewhere they actually had delivery McDonald's, just absolutely crazy stuff.Towards the end it was kinda worrying, especially seeing the health decline from when he had started to when he stopped.

If anything good has come from this movie, and the demand from everyday consumers is that McDonald's and other fast food companies have at least given it a honest effort to "Clean up" the food they offer.

I saw this movie as pure bs through and through.. This idiot goes form eating nothing but Vegan food to mcdolands....of course he is going to get sick, his body wasnt used to food like that. It proved nothing. It was just a scare tactic by the liberal advocates to make you eat what they want you to eat... notice how his show floped because he got in trouble for faking it... IMO this is about as real as Man vs Wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom