• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Galaxy 2

Which game is better

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I see a lot of people say the second one is better than the first but I disagree. I go with the first one.

Mainly it's because I don't like how 2 is like the new side scrollers in the way you choose a level. I think that style of level choosing should be left to side scrollers. The levels in the 2nd one also suck in my opinion, with the exception of the N64 classic levels. I guess because I grew up with 64, the first one is more appealing in the way that the ship more explorable like Peach's castle was.

Eh. What was your guy's favorite

Definitely Galaxy 2. It was just an overall better game, IMO. The powerups were better, Yoshi was in it, and for me, it was a little more challenging.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really like Super Mario Galaxy, but SMG2 is just a better game. It's got everything the first had but improves upon it and has more of it. The whole game is just an improvement on the first, in my opinion.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I have to go with Galaxy 2. While Super Mario 64 is my favorite Mario game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably my second (Not counting spin-offs) favorite. Super Mario Galaxy 2 had Yoshi, new power ups, interesting new worlds, and the Throwback Galaxy. Although the story of both Galaxy games weren't great and the final boss fights were way too easy.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
*Spoilers* I would have to say Mario Galaxy 2. Mainly because there was more of a nostalgia draw for me. You had remixes of the slide theme from Mario 64 as well as the main theme from Super Mario World as well as the ability to use Yoshi. This and there's a galaxy based off of the Whomp's Fortress world from Mario 64. An added bonus would be that there are 120 more stars to collect and that the game modes are harder.

I'll buck the popular opinion and go with the first one. Objectively, SMG2 may be as good or better, but it seemed too much like a rehash to me. I liked Rosalina and her back story more than that purple fellow as well. Also liked the first one's hub system and soundtrack better.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I like the second game better, maybe because that's the one I got first, so I keep comparing the first game to it. I dunno. Plus I really love Yoshi, and so far I have not found him in the first game (is he even in the first game?)

I prefer Super Mario galaxy 2 because of all the nostalgia,Yoshi and the stages are more fun to play overall.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I thought the first was better because it had most of the ideas in the second, excluding Yoshi.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Mario Galaxy 2 is better in my opinion. It was Mario Galaxy with an even more diverse selection of levels. The new power-ups were fun and made for enjoyable and varied boss battles. One thing that was huge for me was the fact that instead of finding the same 120 star like in the original galaxy, you got to collect 120 new stars, this made the game a lot less monotonous. I felt like Super Mario Galaxy 2 had better boss battles as well as a much cooler final boss battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom