• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 For Wii U

Would you want Nintendo to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U?

• Yes, absolutely the first 2 were amazing and the HD would be groundbreaking!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Super Mario Galaxy is being overused.

• I don't really care.

• Total voters

Hanyou

didn't build that
They'd be super sexy in HD, though.

I guess. Really, what matters is visual style. Yoshi's Island still looks better than most modern games, for example, and it's not remotely HD.

I certainly wouldn't complain about HD. It gives the developers more tools to work with. But I still don't think you can top perfection, and Super Mario Galaxy's aesthetic was just that.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to see SMG3 because...well, I want to see another one. Graphics don't factor into that decision.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I guess. Really, what matters is visual style. Yoshi's Island still looks better than most modern games, for example, and it's not remotely HD.

I certainly wouldn't complain about HD. It gives the developers more tools to work with. But I still don't think you can top perfection, and Super Mario Galaxy's aesthetic was just that.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to see SMG3 because...well, I want to see another one. Graphics don't factor into that decision.

Oh, of course. I feel the same way. Still, I would totally love to see SMG's art style in HD. They'd probably be the greatest graphics ever made.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd like to see it in HD on the Wii U, but it should probably be the last Galaxy game so we can see something new.
If they want me to buy it they are going to need to make it challenging. SM3D Land was a joke in terms of Easy Difficulity so Super Mario Galaxy 3 needs to be hard.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
While the gravity idea is cool and all, I want a Mario game that's pretty much just a 3D platformer that has some exploration in it. That's what I loved about Super Mario 64 was that you still had to explore the worlds to find stuff. I don't know, but to me the Galaxy games are very linear with very little though as to how to progress. Yeah there were some worlds that you could explore, but they felt a lot smaller than Mario 64. Every single area in Mario 64 was just begging to be explored such as Boo's Mansion, the water level the giant eel, the clock.

With the galaxy games, you don't really ever not know where you're not suppose to not go at all times. ;) There aren't really open areas to search for stars or branching paths. They really just focus too much on the gravity which causes it to be very linear. Mario 64 was difficult to find and get to many of the stars. With Galaxy it wasn't a challenge of finding them so much as executing. I would love for the next 3D Mario game, to be more like Mario 64. It can have the crazy worlds of Mario Galaxy, but I want them to be exploreable. Many times when you would go to the same galaxy, it didn't even feel the same. It was just a different area that was themed similar. Okay I'm starting to repeat myself.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Gameplay wise the Galaxies are my least favorite, I still like them but 2 is enough for me.

I want another Sunshine-like game :(

Last edited:
Mario galaxy with bigger worlds to explore. Not every level used gravity.
Really? I seem to recall Mario coming back down to the ground every time he jumped in every level. I believe that's gravity.

Smart-*** remark aside, I actually wouldn't mind a Super Mario Galaxy 3, even though I voted it being overused. Both Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 have been a blast to play, and I loved some of the new additions that were brought in Galaxy 2, such as the Rock Mushroom and, of course, Yoshi. Even if a third one were to be announced, I would still play it and have as much fun, or even more fun than I had with Galaxy and/or Galaxy 2.

The only thing I would hope for is that Bowser fights don't become the same thing like they were in Galaxy 2. I enjoyed the fights with Bowser Jr., but the fights with Bowser were just really boring to me. The only one that I actually seemed to like was the final fight. Also, if they do something similar to the Green Star Challenge, they better make it much more difficult to find those things. I found them too easily and it disappointed me.

JuicieJ said:
Super Mario Universe. :right: :lol:
I see what you did there. Coincidentally, I was thinking the same thing xD
JuicieJ said:
They'd be super sexy in HD, though.
Oh, they would be more than super sexy.

A_LINK_IN_TIME said:
I want Nintendo to create an entirely new and original Mario experience for the Wii U. The two Super Mario Galaxy games felt tailored to the Wii hardware and seeing a 3D platformer take advantage of the Wii U's bells and whistles would stupendous. HD would look great of course but let's not get ahead of ourselves and forget that it's merely the cherry on top.
This is what I would truly like. I don't entirely agree with that statement about it being "tailored to the Wii," but an entirely new Mario adventure is what I am definitely hoping for.

Dan said:
Super mario galaxy isn't being "overused" either. The new super mario bros is getting overused, the new games barely look any different to there predecessors.
This. I can't believe Nintendo is shelling out two more New Super Mario Bros. titles. The first one was great. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was as well, especially with the multiplayer adventure and the addition of Yoshis. The ones coming up just look boring, since it seems to be the same thing as the ones before them.

Roy

I'd like to see it in HD on the Wii U, but it should probably be the last Galaxy game so we can see something new.
If they want me to buy it they are going to need to make it challenging. SM3D Land was a joke in terms of Easy Difficulity so Super Mario Galaxy 3 needs to be hard.

It is hard to say this but I agree with you and another poster on this thread because a SMG trilogy would be perfect for Mario right now. And after that is done Nintendo could make a new way to enhance Mario.

While the gravity idea is cool and all, I want a Mario game that's pretty much just a 3D platformer that has some exploration in it. That's what I loved about Super Mario 64 was that you still had to explore the worlds to find stuff. I don't know, but to me the Galaxy games are very linear with very little though as to how to progress. Yeah there were some worlds that you could explore, but they felt a lot smaller than Mario 64. Every single area in Mario 64 was just begging to be explored such as Boo's Mansion, the water level the giant eel, the clock.

With the galaxy games, you don't really ever not know where you're not suppose to not go at all times. ;) There aren't really open areas to search for stars or branching paths. They really just focus too much on the gravity which causes it to be very linear. Mario 64 was difficult to find and get to many of the stars. With Galaxy it wasn't a challenge of finding them so much as executing. I would love for the next 3D Mario game, to be more like Mario 64. It can have the crazy worlds of Mario Galaxy, but I want them to be exploreable. Many times when you would go to the same galaxy, it didn't even feel the same. It was just a different area that was themed similar. Okay I'm starting to repeat myself.

I can agree with what your saying but Galaxy gives a greater depth to what your exploring like the many different planet that you hop from to the many hidden stars in each galaxy. Instead of leaving you on one surface in every world like 64. Although you can still get any star you want in 64 instead of having to revisit the observatory or world maps. So that is a big + in 64.

Last edited:
Nah I think Nintendo should explore new Ideas for Super Mario. When Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced, I wasn't too happy because Nintendo didn't need to make a Sequal. Granted Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the longest Game I have ever completed, but I wouldn't want to see another Super Mario game with the same style. You can say all you want about the Super Mario Bros. Games, but those games are the traditional and original way to play Mario, So I don't mind that style being overused.

Anyway, if a Super Mario Galaxy 3 was made, I would still buy it purely because it's a Mario game. As for the HD... I don't really care about the visuals. I care more about the Gameplay, Music, Nostalgia and Story.

Last edited:

Roy

Nah I think Nintendo should explore new Ideas for Super Mario. When Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced, I wasn't too happy because Nintendo didn't need to make a Sequal. Granted Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the longest Game I have ever completed, but I wouldn't want to see another Super Mario game with the same style. You can say all you want about the Super Mario Bros. Games, but those games are the traditional and original way to play Mario, So I don't mind that style being overused.

Anyway, if a Super Mario Galaxy 3 was made, I would still buy it purely because it's a Mario game. As for the HD... I don't really care about the visuals. I care more about the Gameplay, Music, Nostalgia and Story.
Yes but Galaxy has many ideas to put in which is why they should make a third. And because of the fact that most games this generation ends in trilogy's like the old-school Mario bros. Yes I am talking about 1 2 and 3 before they started having actual subtitles. This is even happening with new super Mario bros series, First is DS second is 3DS while the first is for Wii and the second is for Wii U. And I can bet that the 3rd would be the final one before moving onto something new.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No no no no no no NO.
Super Mario Galaxy is being overused and by this possible addition, they'll kill the entire series.
"Oh, but HD!"
You seriously care about high quality graphics over gameplay?
Why?
You realize that they'll basically use the same concept of old galaxies and use them again, but re-arrange them, right?
I don't want them to ruin the series, making a third will destroy it.
Enough said.

Roy

No no no no no no NO.
Super Mario Galaxy is being overused and by this possible addition, they'll kill the entire series.
"Oh, but HD!"
You seriously care about high quality graphics over gameplay?
Why?
You realize that they'll basically use the same concept of old galaxies and use them again, but re-arrange them, right?
I don't want them to ruin the series, making a third will destroy it.
Enough said.
Ok first I would like to say you may or may not be right. I personally believe that you are not. The reason why I say this is because the first 2 were loved by millions and because every Nintendo fan wants to see what NEW elements Miyamoto will implement into this game so the player can explore almost everything fresh and brand new.
Second I will like to say that the galaxy formula has not changed at all from the transition from 1 to 2 except every-bodies favorite Nintendo dyno Yoshi. and the HD will bring out the new levels detail. Oh and maybe with the more power on the Wii U, the worlds will even be bigger to explore. And finally Making a third will show that Nintendo still has many creative Ideas even after two other games of the same series. and that alone would make Mario the best mascot to ever face the planet and Nintendo one of the most creative developers in the world.
This is what I believe.
Oh and for the readers that are reading this, I don't care if you call me a Mario freak, I just loved galaxy 1 and 2.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Ok first I would like to say you may or may not be right. I personally believe that you are not. The reason why I say this is because the first 2 were loved by millions and because every Nintendo fan wants to see what NEW elements Miyamoto will implement into this game so the player can explore almost everything fresh and brand new.
Second I will like to say that the galaxy formula has not changed at all from the transition from 1 to 2 except every-bodies favorite Nintendo dyno Yoshi. and the HD will bring out the new levels detail. Oh and maybe with the more power on the Wii U, the worlds will even be bigger to explore. And finally Making a third will show that Nintendo still has many creative Ideas even after two other games of the same series. and that alone would make Mario the best mascot to ever face the planet and Nintendo one of the most creative developers in the world.
This is what I believe.
Oh and for the readers that are reading this, I don't care if you call me a Mario freak, I just loved galaxy 1 and 2.

You know, this actually happened with the Pokemon series:
Pokemon Ranger 1 and 2: Excellent! Ranger 3: TERRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF!
You're saying that this CAN'T happen to Mario?
It can, and it's likely if they make a third one.
I'm tired of this galaxy concept already, we really don't need a third one.
And I'm not a Mario "freak" so my opinions will vary.
And opinions are not wrong, by the way.

Fig

The Altruist
Me, being a Mario fan since I was less than 1 year old, I would love to see a third Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii U! Please Nintendo! May you please give it a consideration for Super Mario Galaxy 3 to be on the Wii U?

I am currently wishing this will definitely happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom