• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Bros Z

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright who here had heard of this awesome series? If you know then you ought to know the drill by now *lays a tray of kookies out* and if not allow me to educate you. Super Mario Bros Z is a series of fanmade vids in which as the title suggests features Mario universe adventures DBZ style however also feature Sonic Universe stuff like Mecha Sonic (the main evil) and the Chaos Emeralds. It's awesome for those who like Naruto and DBZ and also very funny. I LMAO so hard I fear drinking or eating around my computer as I watch it (and once I kept replaying a really funny part over and over again till I got lightheaded). Here is part 1 episode 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0I0i-JZLM

There are several versions with and without voices (I recommend arclad84's version which is voiced). So what do you think? Epic isn't it? I haven't watched it all yet and please if you want to discuss things that would spoil it for others warn it with the use if this:

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!
SPOILER ALERT!!

I hope you've calmed down your fury after that M&L incident. Because guess what: I dislike the series. I don't hate it like Fred, I just don't like it. It feels like its just claiming to be based off DBZ. The DBZ canon and SMBZ canon are not very similar. Seriously, if Earthworm Jim wants to make a parody, he should make it right. I don't want all this fanfiction ruining my love for DBZ, Sonic, and Mario. First of all, it only has sound effects from DBZ. Nothing else. While I will say that the Yoshi's Island part was very close to the Frieza-Namek saga, everything else wasn't related. Wario and Waluigi are very bad at being comical, I might even say that... Fawful is better? Anyway, I also see no real reason to call it Super Mario Brothers Z when Sonic is there. Shouldn't it be called Mario & Sonic Z? I know it sounds lamer but its better than Super Mario Bros Z. Also, I hate how he reprograms the personalities. Let's observe:
Mario and Sonic canon:
Mario - Brave, outgoing, and optimistic
Luigi - Somewhat easily scared, but he is always willing to fight
Sonic - Kind, yet somewhat of a prima donna.
Shadow - constantly moping about Maria or fighting alongside or against Sonic
SMBZ Canon:
Mario - Easily angered and has a real strong fighting spirit
Luigi - Scared of everything
Sonic - Optimistic and always willing to fight
Shadow - Lone wolf, extremely haughty

Not exactly the same. Now I know what you're saying. "It's just an internet flash!" Yeah, that comes from the fans. If that's the case, why is almost every person on Newgrounds glossing over it? It ruins my love for Mario, Sonic, and DBZ. I don't know how many times I need to repeat that, but I won't anymore. Nor will I respond to any reaction to my dislike.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Meh I don't blame you for it Fred. I can see where you're going with that. And to be quite honest I never noticed that. Granted when I watched the first episode I was kinda 'Hmm... Mario seems kinda different from his games...' but that's the closest I got to it. I guess it's just that you and I seem to like different things. No biggie. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion here and that is yours.

I still like it though because it's funny and I like the fights. After all your supposed to express you opinion of the flash here, not try to get every non believer to believe. It's like trying to milk every cow on a farm until you get milk.

Len

Zelda On Paper
*tsssu* those videos are like food for my little bro, he loves the series, some kind of funny, because it's brutal has some humor of course, i don't say i don't like them, i just in neutral possition for it, not good not bad you know, my bro viewed them all and re-viewed again, somehow it keeps him entertained for a while, he views the subtitled version for some reason.

Well all the characters are a little bit far from their own personal acts, i mean that they are not acting like how they use to act, but is an edited serie so anyway.

so, all was made from fans, was a fanwork, an edited movie for entertainment purrpose, all way long to the end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom