• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stumbling Upon Dungeons.

oh i never played the first zelda. i was five when i got my first nintendo. it was chirstmas of 1990. my parents would only by me educational games because i was little. but my favorite games were super mario bros. and duckhut which came with it. but still i would be a little worried of a game where there is no straightforward path. i'm not very good a video games.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
oh i never played the first zelda. i was five when i got my first nintendo. it was chirstmas of 1990. my parents would only by me educational games because i was little. but my favorite games were super mario bros. and duckhut which came with it. but still i would be a little worried of a game where there is no straightforward path. i'm not very good a video games.

You should give it a shot, I think it is $5 on virtual console...and I hear Zelda Dungeon has a good walkthrough if you need help ;).

I hear what you are saying though...maybe the best thing would be to have a good straight forward path, but with lots of more difficult or hidden side-quests...I don't know though, I prefer to have it more open with lots of possible ways to complete the game, personally...in fact, that can be easier, since you have multiple ways forward rather than just one...

yeah i meant to download it but i'm still working on mm and alttp that i downloaded. i do get your point about exploration. i do like metroid prime but maybe they could mix the two somehow. have it straight forward in some places and not so straight foward in others mix it up a bit. i love plot twists. and maybe only give you help if you really need it. but i hope they don't include that super guide like super mario bros. has. i hate that. i nee help but i don't need the computer to do it for me.

I think that would be a splendid idea. In recent zelda games we've been told where to go and so what it's like is ''Go here, go there''. I don't like being told exactly where to go. I would like it if they made the game so the NPC's tell us where to go like go east,west etc not exactly where to go, and I would like there to be secret dungeons where you have to talk to villagers who say ''There was something strange etc...'' and then you can go check and find secret dungeons.

D

Da Bunni Hood

Has anybody here ever played diablo 2? There were tons of optional dungeons in that game. You'd be walking in the desert killing giant beetles and tiger people and you'd see a hatch that you could climb into and it would be a whole optional level (in this case probably a tomb or crypt). In the last part of the game, which was, for the most part, a giant battlefield, you would find option portals to different versions/parts/types/names for hell. You'd see a portal and it would be called abaddon, and you'd go in and it would be a whole different setting (a path atop an ocean of lava or an evil hell palace)with completely different enemies. This was really exciting, and I hope they incorporate something like this into skyward sword. I doubt it because they said the gameplay would be very linear, but still...

Another cool dungeon thing from that game would be: if you killed some of the minor bosses a bunch of times, they'd each eventually drop a key or something, you could fuse all the keys to make a portal into an awesome side dungeon with an awesome renamed and recoloured version of a game boss, then you could kill them to get portals to another place... I forget exactly how it goes, but to sum it up, it was an extremely difficult sidequest done after game completion in which you would fight gradually awesomer and more difficult bosses in different side dungeons with strong enemies. It was actually included in an update, which gives me another idea...

Maybe nintendo could update our game or have a channel for it so would could do maybe an extra side dungeon a month, maybe like Mario Kart? That would be really neat, and you could gain rupees or something upon completion. Seeing as the dungeons in the actual game don't seem to be in the classic style, these released dungeons could be, and it would be heavily appreciated. Again, I doubt it'll happen, but that would be really neat. The dungeons would not need to be stumble-upon, and they could retain the linear gameplay that they promised.

well i don't think Zelda should copy anything from a game about hell! for the life of me why would anyone play such a game? it's disgusting,sick and evil!

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
well i don't think Zelda should copy anything from a game about hell! for the life of me why would anyone play such a game? it's disgusting,sick and evil!

It's also a very fun game! :P
It would be cool to just be walking around and then find an entrance to a dungeon.

Playing a game about going to Hell, and actually going to Hell are two different experiences. Video games aren't real. I know! Who would've guessed?

i know their not real. DUH! i just don't like those kind of games. the darkest game i have is for pc.that gothic alice game they came out with. age of mythology is great too. can be dark depends on which of the gods you follow.

i know. and i respect that. but i'm still going to voice my opinion. i believe people can voice their opinions and still be civil. i respect other's opinions and i expect others to respect my opinion.

Personally, I think that if it were an optional dungeon, that it would be great idea to have. I think Nintendo should include more optional dungeons but instead of being like the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, it should be more of a mix of enemies and puzzles.

However, if it was an idea for a dungeon that you had to complete to proceed through the game, then I think it would be an extremely bad idea. It would just seem like Nintendo were being lazy while they were making the game. That's my opinion though.

So as you can see, it would depend on what the randomly placed dungeon was used for the idea to work well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom