• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stone Tower Flip Theories?

Din Akera

Sniper
(I couldn't find a thread for this)

So when the temple flips upside down there is a major difference. The number of blocks to get to the temple entrance from the platform from the tower changes. When it is right side up there is three, but when the temple flips there is four.

I refused to believe that this was a mistake by game creators. I would think there must be a reason. Anybody want to give me your ideas as to why the number of blocks changes?

To be honest, despite the fact that I do some pretty hardcore theorizing about Stone Tower and Majora (I believe they are related), I never actually felt that the flipping of Stone Tower was all that significant. That's interesting that the number of blocks changes. But note that the opening of Stone Tower Temple is a mouth, and the top of the mouth was further back (I believe), so you would need more blocks to reach it.

As for the flipping itself... Maybe there could be something to it. There's that weird hand structure by the temple, with the tip of it flaming. When flipped, technically that hand would point to the ground, so perhaps it and it's flame is intended to symbolize hell? Perhaps "ascending" the tower is actually descending into hell, and that's what that weird desert was? Perhaps this is the origin of Majora, and Majora is the Devil of sorts in the story?

Din Akera

Sniper
hand would point to the ground, so perhaps it and it's flame is intended to symbolize hell? Perhaps "ascending" the tower is actually descending into hell, and that's what that weird desert was? Perhaps this is the origin of Majora, and Majora is the Devil of sorts in the story?

I had never thought of it that way before. But I really like that theory. Yet, we encounter the temple right side up, the first time. Could flipping be related to Majora's release?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I have been theorizing and reading about Majora's Mask, Ikana Valley, and, Stone Tower Temple for like...two years?
Anyways, it can either symbolize the descent to hell as the ascension to Heaven, plus, a hardly, blasphemous theme is spreaded throughout the area as well

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
One thing is that MM really likes to emphasize the number 4.
4 temples, fourth day being the end, 4 giants to protect the land.
For a game like MM I can think of a few things that this could relate to.

- The four seasons of the year, the inevitable truth that all things MUST come to an end, even Termina. You can even go as far as to say that this applies for different times of the day, morning, afternoon, evening and night, night obviously being the end of the day.
- The Four Horseriders of the Apocalypse, these mythical beings are epic folklore. This fits in with the apocalyptic feel of of MM where everything is coming to an end.
- MM shows alot on the theme of trust, or rather the lack of it within the people of Termina. Friendship and love are possibly the 2 strongest bonds you can share with other sentient beings. However, have you ever heard the term " 2's company, 3's a crowd." Well then what does that make four?

I realise that I may have rambled aload of rubbish for some people, but that is what theorizing is all about.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
hehehehehe when flipped go into the main room (i only noticed it today) and the face in front of looks like majora mask i think the temple was built like the babylon tower and when it failed it enshrined majoras mask in twinmoulds room where happy mask guy steals it. ( i hate him he blackmails you into getting that mask just coz he healed you grrrrr)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I always thought that the tower had a connection to the moon (the blocks and temple entrance had faces on them kind of like the moons face..) or that it was so close that the gravity was being warped at that altitude. On the third day the gravity warp was so strong that Link was able to use it to reach the moon and ends up being swallowed by it. Anyway I think the moon was somehow involved withe tower flipping and that the light arrows reversed the keystone of the temple. A key stone is the most sacred and important stone in a building they are sometimes said to have magical properties or maybe keystone gets blessed?.. i dont know it depends on what the building is for. So yeah that keystone gets activated by light arrows... somehow.

As time, space, the compass points and peoples lives collide the world is about to end and all these things become distorted as Link travels through time to save it, but i dont think he just used time. He used gravity to beat the temples and to reach the moon because there was an obvios connection between them. But then again it could be a heaven/hell gate... I think that the gabity flip only affects the tower itself because if the rest of the world flipped all the poeple would fall into the sky lol. There must be somekind of force inside the tower that can be manipulated with magic.

Light arrows don't seem to have any connection with gravity so im assuming the keystone absorbs the magic from the arrow and uses it to connect to the evil force that Majora is using to bring the moon down. The tower is evil right? or cursed just like the land it's in, and so it could use that magic and twist it to increase the gravity warp that was starting to form over clock town.

it all sounds ridiculous i know... i just made it all up...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Just had a thought people (kinda new thing for me) but the Mini Boss room and the Boss room (Garo Master and Twinmold) are basically the polar to each other plus it would make sense the linking to majora's evil coz it could've been its home for god know how long. It is something to note though that when the tower is the right way round the Garo Master occupies that rooms almost like a guardians, which leads me to believe that the tower was the target of Ikana's rival kingdom (destry thir toer they lose faith) but majora was still there (or its essence) which corrupted the Garo and killed them, turning them into shades and spys for majora. The strongest was pitted against Gomess and whoever bested Gomess in a fight became the master. When he Twoer is flipped the room becomes a portal to the desert scene of Twinmold, this leads me to the fact that the Giant who was imprisoned here was the strongest and the first to be sealed away with two of majora's guardians until Link came and cleared the temple.
The other mini boss of the tower was Gomess this creatures weakpoint was a little crystal orb which was affected by light.
In the tower there is one room that you can flip just like outside the tower. I think Gomess was created by Majora to stop its enemies form getting into is sanctum so it created Gomess with a light orb to make impossible to kill unless the Garo Master was deafeated and the light arrows obtained.

Stone Tower = Majora's oiginal home = Gomess created to keep enemies out of the inner sanctum of majora = Garo heard about a great power that supported the ikanians and tryed to claim or elimininate it = Majora corrupted them = pitted strongest against Gomess = Imprisoned giant with Garo Master watch the portal.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.

I've read this before. It's quite an interesting theory, and it makes quite a bit of sense. The idea of the temple being a symbol of blasphemy and evil, and the flipping concept defies the laws of nature, which were created by the goddesses. I'm not going to go into depth right now (overslept, mind = off), but it definitely relates to the whole alternate/parallel universe concept in that this temple basically symbolizes the complete opposite of what the goddesses stood for and originally did for Hyrule.

That's a great theory everything about Stone Tower makes sense now execpt for one thing, how are the Ikana involved?
The Garos build the Stone Tower Temple on or near the border of Ikana(read the rest of my post and this will make sense). Ikana was once beautiful and mighty(that is said in the game ("To return true light to this land, you must seal the doors of Stone Tower where the winds of darkness blow through." - Igos du Ikana return means it was once there! And some more cites I can't find atm).
The soldiers of Ikana once opened the doors of the Stone Tower Temple and got coursed by that("The spellbinding that had been cast upon us was broken by that light which you carry." —Igos du Ikana AND "It all happened after somebody thrust open the doors of that Stone Tower." —Igos du Ikana).
That's also why you find the Garo Master in the Stone Tower Temple.
The Stone Tower Temple was already coursed because of the insults on the goddesses. The darkness came right from hell - the temple was flipped and pointed there and opened a portal.

"That's the Garo's Mask, isn't it? If you have that mask, you must be one with quite a bit of courage." —Happy Mask Salesman
That makes me think that the Garos went against the godesses and the people of Ikana so you must have courage to wear it because the godesses and the Ikana Soldiers will be against you.

Any comments about my theories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom