• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Stealth Sections...?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Ahhh who doesn't love a good stealth section in a Zelda game.

My question to yall out there is do you think Nintendo might put some stealth sections into ALttP2/ would you like to see stealth sections in ALttP2?

Now ALttP never really had stealth sections. Sure you could choose to try to be sneaky when sneaking into Hyrule Castle in the very beginning, but there's really no penalty to getting caught other than having to fight and easily kill a few guards.

The again, this is a new era of gaming. There have been stealth sections in multiple Zelda games including OoT, WW, most recently SS, and even small portions of TMC. Nintendo could easily utilize the topdown view for great stealth sections, PLUS you could use the drawing mechanic to just look like graffiti when a guard passes you.

Personally, I'd love to see some stealth sections in this new game. What do you guys think?:wallpush:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I both doubt it and would hate to see stealth sections in the 2D format. It's already claustrophobic without the added dimension, so why choke us more? :I

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd like to see more stealth sections, yeah. I wouldn't want it to become Metal Gear Zelda, but, they're always fun! :D Nice change-up of gameplay, too. And as I'm writing this, I'm humming that tune which plays when you're sneaking past the guards in Hyrule Castle to meet Zelda on Oot. <3

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I wouldn't mind it. I enjoyed stealth sections in all the games they were in. It's a good way to get your heart racing, and even if you've done it before, it can still prove to be tricky. So in that way, it sort of never gets old. So I wouldn't mind seeing one in ALttP 3DS. It could also be a good way to utilize Link's ability to become a drawing, like you said.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't see a OoT/MM or TP stealth section happening in a 2D game...so no.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Doesn't really matter to me. It's a top-down game, and I don't think top-down Zeldas need to have stealth portions. It would be interesting to actually see one for the first time -- if you don't count sneaking around Beamos (I guess that's the appropriate plural form?) in ALttP and PH as stealth -- but I won't be begging for one, especially with this game appearing to be VERY focused on a pick-up-and-play experience.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
@JucieJ

First time? Didn't both PH and ST have a stealth element for their returning dungeon?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@JucieJ

First time? Didn't both PH and ST have a stealth element for their returning dungeon?

Yes, they definitely did.

PH and ST are both excellent examples of what stealth could be like in ALttP2. I'm not saying we should have another repeated dungeon, but stealth elements in which you can see the enemies' views on your map and have to find a way around are fun! It would have to be done slightly differently so as not to repeat what already exists, rather, perfect it. It was quite easy to sneak around the phantoms/Castle guards in the DS games because you could easily see where they were looking. It made it extremely easy to stay out of their line of sight. They could make it harder in ALttP2, possibly utilizing the Drawing Mechanic to sneak around.

So, as long as it's done right, and in a way to at least make it slightly challenging, I would love to see stealth sequences in ALttP2!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Ahhh who doesn't love a good stealth section in a Zelda game.

My question to yall out there is do you think Nintendo might put some stealth sections into ALttP2/ would you like to see stealth sections in ALttP2?

Now ALttP never really had stealth sections. Sure you could choose to try to be sneaky when sneaking into Hyrule Castle in the very beginning, but there's really no penalty to getting caught other than having to fight and easily kill a few guards.

The again, this is a new era of gaming. There have been stealth sections in multiple Zelda games including OoT, WW, most recently SS, and even small portions of TMC. Nintendo could easily utilize the topdown view for great stealth sections, PLUS you could use the drawing mechanic to just look like graffiti when a guard passes you.

Personally, I'd love to see some stealth sections in this new game. What do you guys think?:wallpush:

as long as its like once or twice throughout the game that's cool, but dont use it as a main function.! WORD!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It would be interesting to actually see one for the first time -.
well technically it wouldn't be the first time as DarkestLink and Xyphon pointed out. There were stealth elements in PH and ST in the temple of the ocean king and the tower of spirits. Also in TMC there was a small section where you could sneak past guards outside of hyrule castle to get to a staircase. And in OoS you had to follow the 2 subrosian theives without getting caught to see where they bury their treasure.

But yes i do mean seeing larger more difficult stealth sections so it would be the first stealth section of that sort in a 2d game

CPainter307

Lost Woods Explorer
Personally, I'd like to see them, but I wouldn't like the entire game to be focused around this (which I doubt it will). But, used in good moderation, they could really add something to the title.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I would absolutely LOVE to see some stealth sections in ALttP2 as long as they don't include barrels. If there are going to be stealth sections, we need some Metal Gear influences.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Am I the only one whose least favorite part of Zelda games is stealth sections?

I don't mind them, but I definitely don't want them to overdo it like in Skyward Sword or Phantom Hourglass. (That is, if you considering Silent Realms stealth sections)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom