• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stealing!!!!!

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
In LA you were able to steal things from the guy's shop. That got me thinking, "Should we be able to steal things in upcoming games?". Because if we could it would make getting items a lot less tedious and time consuming. If we were able to steal in upcoming games I know I definitely would. If you think this is a good idea, a bad idea, or that I'm just a complete idiot let me know in the comments' below.

In a Bizzle Bras.:cool:

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
I don't think I would, most of the time I have more rupees then I know what to do with as it is.
I know, I'm the same sometimes but what if it was like the bow and you could get it as the first item in the game but it cost like 2000 Rupees. If it were me I would just walk in take it and be done with the whole waste of time collection thing.

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
Stealing would be fun, but it should be hard if it's used. Like if you steal something in Mystery Dungeon. Almost impossible, making it a challenge for expert players.
If it was that hard I'm pretty sure no one would even attempt it. Maybe if they made principals of "If you steal, you have to escape the guards and not be allowed back into the store" or something like that, what do you think?.

Djinn

and Tonic
Stealing was never all that helpful for gaining new items in LA. It really seemed to serve as an extra story element in the game as people would then call you thief instead of the name you chose for link. This was somewhat done again in TP with the lamp oil shop but you could return later and pay for what you took.

If it is implemented then there should be some kind of consequence for that action. Maybe it would cause the local guards to attack you when they see you like they did in ALTTP. As well as the occasional villager would call a guard when they say you, causing one to appear. And maybe this would continue until Link pays for the items he stole or payed a large fine to the town or guards for the thievery. Since you never know when you might need to return t a town at a later time. This would probably work out a little better if there were multiple towns in the game and not just the usual Castletown, Kakariko and at least one for the Gorons and Zora.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
It seems pointless, but fun. Although, I never really have a problem with being able to buy items since I feel like I have to kill every monster I see and break every jar I find.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
You know if you go back into the shop, you get an instant game over, right?...

I don't think the point of being able to steal the item was to be more convenient, but a tempting extra with either a great sacrifice (no long being able to use the store, where you can replace your bombs/arrows more conveniently than trying to find them in dungeons), or a dire consequence.

But if all you got from the mechanic was the convenience, that could be why its not come back. ;) What kind of shoddy influence is that, encouraging you to steal? Y'know, more than taking rupees from pots in houses.

If it did come back, I'd like to see that consequence come with it. Give players that wonderful option weighing, rather than an enemy-based consequence which isn't much of a consequence really ("I'll take that, and its okay if the guards come, I can just beat them up too!").

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Actually, I would love to see the option of stealing stuff in a Zelda game! Maybe Link could pick the lock at night and ransack the shops! Afterwards Hyrule's detectives running around, trying to find the theif. This could make an even better sub-plot than in LA where everyone calls you Theif. One of the detectives suspects you and is working 24/7 to prove your guilt but can't. If you're not careful, though, he'll descover the truth and the guards will hunt you down.

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs
I really REALLY disagree with Link being able to steal and pillage. It's not very Linkish! He's the hero of time, not some petty thief.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Am I the only one who couldn't figure out how to pay Trill (that bird guy in the forest who sells lantern oil in TP) and ended up stealing from him, and felt really bad afterwards?

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
Am I the only one who couldn't figure out how to pay Trill (that bird guy in the forest who sells lantern oil in TP) and ended up stealing from him, and felt really bad afterwards?
What you had to do was go on to one of the zeroes when the pay amount thing comes up, and then push up or down on the control stick on the nunchuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom