• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starter Type

What's your starter type?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

• Total voters

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I choose the type that's strong against the first one or two gym leaders. Squirtle does well against Brock, for example. I can't recall the first gymleader of the earlier games and the type they use so I can't come up with a most chosen type for myself.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
so according to that logic it'd be best to use,
Bulbasaur in Kanto
Cyndaquil in Johto
Treecko in Hoenn
Piplup in Sinnoh
and there's not really one you can choose in Unova, with the type changing depending on your starter.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
keep in mind that these only do it for the first gym, plus after a bit more careful thought I came up with this list
Bulbasaur in Kanto ( Good against Rock and water, resistant against electricity )
Cyndaquil for Johto ( normally effective against flying, super effective against bug )
Mudkip for Hoenn ( good against rock, normally effective against Fighting, after evolution, resistant against electricity )
Chimchar in Sinnoh ( if you evolve it before first gym, use it's fighting type evolutionary stage against rock, fire good against grass )
and Tepig for Unova ( no starter is good against first gym, evolutionary form is good against normal types, fire is good against bug )

so that's got justified reasons for choosing them.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Up until 3rd Gen, it was always the fire-type I could choose.

However, I chose Piplup as my starter in Diamond and Snivy as my starter in Black, but normally, I choose the fire-type starters.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
for the record there is magmortar, and he's one of the best pokemon in the game! same with Moltres, Vulpix, Houndour, Slugma, Magby, Numel, Torkoal and their evolutions. Ponyta and Rapidash aren't the only fires.

well, we were talking about the ones that were made during D/P/P , and yes I did forget Magmortor.

for the record there is magmortar, and he's one of the best pokemon in the game! same with Moltres, Vulpix, Houndour, Slugma, Magby, Numel, Torkoal and their evolutions. Ponyta and Rapidash aren't the only fires.

I'm talking about the ones you can CATCH in diamond and pearl, not the ones you can trade. I don't get many opportunities to trade with people so I'm limited to in game.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
It depends on the Pokemon Generation it is, but the common picks for me are either grass or water types. Mostly water types because they tend to look cute, influencing me to choose them~

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
i've already listed the best for each Gen, yet, even though I know they're the best I still don't pick them, it's wierd, we know we'll have problems using a certain pokémon, yet we still use it. It's wierd when you think about it.

It's because of the personal preference that we all feel. That little bit of freedom and like that we all have that grants us the freedom to choose which pokemon we want and which ones we want to catch and use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom