• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starter Type

What's your starter type?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

• Total voters
For no real apparent reason I always seem to pick the grass starter, with the exception being Gold and Silver, I chose Cyndaquil. I like to try and go through the game with all three to see the different results and difficulties and usually it won't make too much of a difference. The one exception I discovered to this was Diamond and Pearl, where I found it's preferable to pick the fire starter due to the lack of fire types in the game. In 4th gen there were a total of 2 fire types introduced, those being Chimchar, the starter and his evolutions and at the very end of the game, after you beat everything, Heatran. The only other fire type in the game was a ponyta which doesn't learn many powerful fire type attacks for a very long time and to top it off has a late evolution at lvl 40. So by the time you can actually get Rapidash your ponyta's been beaten to a pulp by much stronger pokemon many a time.

D

Deleted member 6224

I always pick water, but in D/P i pick turtwig

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
don't really have a preference, it's mostly based on the pokémon for me.
In Kanto, i'd pick Charmander
In Johto, i'd pick Cyndaqil
In Hoenn, i'd pick Treecko
In Sinnoh, i'd pick Chimchar
In Unova, i'd pick Oshawott.

So i'm mixed, but mostly pick Fire types.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
For me i pick mine for a mix of looks and what lies ahead. think; all most all the gym leaders are weak against water,and the water type looks so amazingly awesome (like oshawott), so i'd pick water. that rule works for almost all the games, except gen I, where it's divided equally.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
well, i'm Gen IV you've got rock gym first then grass gym second, so water would do well up to the second gym, that's why in that generation I picked Chimchar, so I could evolve it before getting to the rock type gym and then I'd have a fighting type for the rock type gym and a fire type for the grass type gym.

well, i'm Gen IV you've got rock gym first then grass gym second, so water would do well up to the second gym, that's why in that generation I picked Chimchar, so I could evolve it before getting to the rock type gym and then I'd have a fighting type for the rock type gym and a fire type for the grass type gym.

Not to mention Chimchar is the only fire type worthwhile in the entire game

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
and ponyta's existed since Gen I , so really Chimchar ( and it's evolutions obviously ) and Heatran were the only new fire types then.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
At least they tried to make up for it in gen V there was quite a few new fire types there , incuding a new fire type legend.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
yeah, still, i'd like to see more dragon types, I enjoy battling with dragon types, but there's not many of them, I mean, I can barely make a team of non-legendary dragon type pokémon.
I'm wanting a few more non-dragon type legends , there's just been too many lately.

Gen 3 was the best for that with Salamence, Altaria, and Flygon. It was a good generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom