• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Standing In Rain, Does You Do It?

Do you like to go out and stand/dance/verb in the rain?

• No, I do not like rain, Sam I Am!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes, absotootley. I like the feels of rain and wind against my body.

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misty

Ronin
Getting sick.

Old wives tale. It's actually our hyper clean society that's making everyone sick. I'm becoming more indestructible every single time I go out and bash around in rain and mud. Still, your concern is noted.

Turkey soup?

I make turkey soup and then throw it away because chicken soup is obviously superior.

yeah, she needs a turkey!

Don't you dare defile my very serious and yet terribly playful and keen thread with your ugly, stupid bird. Get it out of here. I expect you to remove all images of those wretched birds or I will report them to a moderator for triggering me. I also want to mention this is why your mother doesn't love you.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Getting sick in the rain is an old wives tale.
Old wives tale. It's actually our hyper clean society that's making everyone sick. I'm becoming more indestructible every single time I go out and bash around in rain and mud. Still, your concern is noted.
What does getting sick have to do with rain?
Wouldn't it make sense that the soak clothes from the rain, couple with the fact that sometimes the temperature will be lower when it rains will make it a little easier for somebody to get sick?

Feverish

Source of stink
Wouldn't it make sense that the soak clothes from the rain, couple with the fact that sometimes the temperature will be lower when it rains will make it a little easier for somebody to get sick?
It would have to be really really cold for your body to be unable to fight off bacteria

Well it would be a teensy bit easier then if it was like room tempature, but you'd be more likely to get sick going out on a cold day or such, I'd say.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

What does getting sick have to do with rain?

It would have to be really really cold for your body to be unable to fight off bacteria

Not quite. Overall, it's very possible to catch an actual cold from getting cold after being wet. Because common cold viruses are seasonal, it really just depends on a few factors. The stress on your body to regulate temperature can lower immune support in some cases, which may be enough to get sick. Overall you're more likely get a head cold which can last for a couple hours after you've gotten cold. It's not an actual illness, just a reaction your body has to exposure.

As far as the question, I like rain, but not being rained on. Rain in Florida is either a deluge like in the summer, or it's cold and drizzly. There's no real in between, so it's not enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom