• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSB Mafia - Originals vs Clones Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Hey everyone, it's time for my second mafia game :)

This set up will be originals (town) vs clones (mafia)

The game is gonna have some interesting rules, so stay with me here:
Every character is assigned two % values -- 1 is a parameter (ex 10-15%), and the other is just one percentage (ex 100%)

These are there attack and defense values. In this game, instead of Voting you will Attack. On a normal day, you will only get one attack per day, and you cannot Un-Attack. Here's how it will work:

When you attack a player, a percentage in between the aforementioned parameter is added to their damage. When it reaches the second percentage amount, there is a 50% chance that character will die. Every 5% over that amount, the chance goes up another 10%, capping at 99%. Let's imagine it in action:

Character A does 10-15% damage every turn
Character B has 100% defense

Character A eventually gets Character B to 100% damage. At this point, there is a 50% chance Character B dies. Let's say Character B survives, and the next day Character A does 15% to Character B. Now, Character B has 115% damage. Since this is 15% over, that adds an additional 30% chance that Character B will die, so there is an 80% chance Character B will die.

I hope this is all making sense so far :)

Things like "healing" roles will heal a certain % from a player, and things like "killing" roles will do huge amounts of damage, and also circumvents the 99% chance death cap (and can have a 100% chance of killing).

There will be both night and day abilities, some characters will have multiple day abilities. These can span from anything like "2 attacks in 1 day" to "Collecting the smash ball for a smash attack" to "heal x percent".

Now, without further ado, it's time to sign up! :)

Players:
1. DekuNut
2. Frozen Chosen
3. Moonstone
4. Fig
5. Spiritual Mask Salesman
6. Heroine of Time
7. Mido
8. A Link In Time
9. Jimmy.F27
10. Crus@der77x
11. Vergo
12. Night Owl
13. Viral Maze
14. David

Replacements:
1. Kokirion

If we need to add or remove spots, that's very possible with this set-up. Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I'll join because I love Smash. Plus I need to dust off my boots to play a mafia game. My only question is that since this is a OG vs Clones setup, which games are the OGs and Clones coming from? (i.e. pure Melee, or a combination from all Smash games as an example)

Jamie

I'll join because I love Smash. Plus I need to dust off my boots to play a mafia game. My only question is that since this is a OG vs Clones setup, which games are the OGs and Clones coming from? (i.e. pure Melee, or a combination from all Smash games as an example)
Unlike last time, all of the characters are present in Smash 4.

Fig

The Altruist
Unlike last time, all of the characters are present in Smash 4.

I'm assuming by that statement you consider any character no matter if full on clone such as Lucina or semi-clone like Ganon you will still consider them as clone. Just wondering so I can have an ideal list of who would be the clones that are to be selected for this game.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm in! I'm looking forward to playing mafia again! (Though my free time is starting to dwindle again... too bad we couldn't have started DekuNut's game. D:)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Rep even if the game is less than 10 players, do you still have a way to make it work? I think the mechanic seems too good to pass up, so I'd really like to make this one work.

Mido

Version 1
Alright, I think I'll jump into the fray! :cool:

Besides, I owe you for utilizing your "O" system to rate my moderating in BM8! (It seems I have a long way to go! XD)

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom